Become a Patron!

Joyetech Ekee Kit

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, in this review i take a look at the Joytech Ekee Kit which was kindly supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-Ekee-with-Procore-Motor-TC-Kit.html

In the Box

Contents:

• 1x EKEE MOD
  • 1x ProCore Motor Atomizer
  • 1x ProC1 (0.4ohm) Head
  • 1x ProC1-S (0.25ohm) Head
  • 1x Extended Vent Pipe
  • 1x Standard Glass Tube(4.5ml)
  • 1x QC USB Cable
  • 2x Manual
  • 1x Warranty Card
  • 1x Warning Card
  • Spare Parts
Aesthetics and Ergonomics

It looks completely different to any device i have come across before, i mean that in a good way; in fact it's a very smart looking device. It's design is based on a BMW smart key but my wife did say it looks like a colourful coffin (but then she does watch the Saw films to send her asleep). The two black top corners (one the fire button, the other the up and down) and black center piece which incorporates the screen looks great in contrast to the main vibrant colour. When the device is switched on the colourful display adds to the aesthetic appeal of the device and the clock-face screensaver is very nice. Ergonomically a device doesn't get much better than this, it fits very comfortably in the hand and the fire button is in the perfect position for the shape of the device. It is a very well made device.
The included tank, the ProCore Moter comes in a matching colour and is a revamped version of the ProCore Aries but i'm sure it was designed alongside the Ekee as it suits the device perfectly.

Specs:

Size: 27.0mm (W)*47.5mm (L)*117.5mm (H) (with tank)
Weight: 190.0g (with tank)
Battery capacity: 2000mAh
Display: 1.3 inch TFT color screen
Output range: 1-80W
E-liquid capacity: 2ml (can be changed to 4.5ml with the spare glass tube)
Output modes: Power/Bypass/Temp(Ni, Ti, SS)/TCR(M1, M2, M3)
Resistance range: 0.05-1.5ohm for Temp/TCR mode
0.1-3.5ohm for Power/Bypass mode
Temperature control: 100-315°C/200-600°F
Depth of 510 pins applicable: 4.0-5.5mm
Max charging current: 2.0A
Max output current: 30A
Max output voltage: 9V
Features: large color display, handy and comfortable, temperature protection for charging, built-in battery and 2A quick charge,real-time clock and screensaver, preheat, nicotine intake calculator, auto shut-down protection.
Colours: Silver, Red, Yellow, blue and cyan

joyetech-ekee-e-cig-kit-colours2_1-jpg.111506

The ProCore Motor Tank

The ProCore Motor apart from just a couple of alterations is essentially the same as the ProCore Aries and uses the same range of coils. The two differences is a slightly different drip-tip (and i must say i prefer the drip-tip on the Motor) and the airflow as been split into two smaller slots (giving almost a pair of eyes appearance) instead of the standard large one slot. Apart from the top o-ring fitting very tight to the glass (so some careful wiggling needed) the tank disassembles easily. The bottom section simply screws off no problems. The tank comes in 2ml capacity form but by screwing on the supplied chimney extension piece and changing to the larger spare glass it can be easily changed to a capacity of 4.5ml.
The Motor as the same top-fill system as the Aries. There is a little liquid symbol which you just push then the top lifts up on a hinge revealing 2 generous fill slots.

Performance of the ProCore Motor

I liked the ProCore Aries so was interested to compare the two tanks and to be honest there is very little difference but the Motor as the edge. The drip-tip is better (the drip-tip is important with the ProCore tanks as you can't fit another drip-tip) and although the generous airflow doesn't seem to of been restricted in any way by using the two smaller slots it does make the tank quieter and it seems a slightly smoother vape but it's very marginal. There are many different coils available for the ProCore but the 2 provided are the 0.4 coil and the 0.25 coil. The 0.4 coil is a very good balanced affair giving good flavour and loads of cloud and i found it best at 55w with half airflow. Despite being lower resistance the 0.25 coil is more restrictive and is better on a lower wattage (I found 35w was just right). The flavour with this coil is excellent but noticeably less cloud, Joyetech do claim it to be MTL (it's not). Despite a couple of the ProCore coils being rated as MTL none of them are but these do give better flavour. What i like about the ProCore coils is not that they are the greatest for flavour but the flavour you get on day one you maintain for a longer period of time than with other stock coils i have used.

Using the Joyetech Ekee

The menu system on the Ekee is simple to navigate around and the display is eye catching. It's quite standard how you use the fire button and arrow keys and can easily alter settings in each menu. People who have read some of my reviews will know in this section i only say if the menu system is user friendly or not and only point out anything of interest. I don't treat people like idiots and bore people using the word click about 100 times (although the fire button is nice and clicky).
There is loads to play with in the menu and it has everything a device needs including TCR and being able to adjust your wattage for temp control.
There is an extra menu you can access by holding down the fire and up key simultaneously, from here you can set cut-off, preheat and your nicotine calculator. Anything set in this menu gives you an icon on the main screen, for example a smiley face for the nicotine calculator, these icons act as a reminder that those options have been set. The nicotine calculator is an interesting idea, not that it would make any difference to a vaper but by inputting what mg of juice you use it then monitors i guess how many puffs at what wattage etc to tell you how much nicotine you intake. I still applaud the idea i think anything new is a good thing. You can also set the clock to be on the main screen while still keeping the standard information underneath it.

Performance

The performance of the Ekee is spot on, very reliable and no noticeable delay in firing. The temperature control works perfectly well and i tried it with a couple of other tanks and no problems whatsoever. A 25mm tank fits flush with no overhang so it gives you a wide variety of options. The device as 2amp quick charging and a charging temperature safety feature so charging is paused if the device gets too hot. If this device is being used at 50w or below the 2000mah battery should last most people a day at work or out and about.

The Top-heavy issue

Now we get to the negative issue with the Ekee which is a pity because it's the only negative with the device i can find and if it wasn't for this one issue it would be just about a perfect 80w device (the device is that good).
It hasn't got perfect stability due to the top-heavy design so it can topple over with a nudge easier than other devices. It is an issue and i wouldn't leave the device overnight with a full tank of liquid on top just incase it gets knocked over by my cat brushing against it.
However i have seen Youtube reviews that have gone in opposite directions. I have seen a couple of reviews where the problem as just not been mentioned and others that have made out it just won't stand up and falls over at the slightest touch (rubbish). I can give it a sharp tap with my finger and it wobbles but it stays upright and it has not once just toppled over by itself. But purely because of it's design it will go over easier than other devices and is a con without a doubt.

(The Ekee with the Wotofo Flow)

Conclusion

The Joytech Ekee kit is an Awesome 80w device. The screen graphics and information are bright and colourful and it includes all the features you would expect plus more. Not the most stable due to it's top-heavy design which is an issue but as been greatly exaggerated in my view.

Great Aesthetics
Ergonomically spot on
Colourful display
User friendly menu system
Extra menu which includes nicotine calculator
Working temp control
Comes with ProCore Motor Tank

Cons

Top-heavy

I would like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts once again and you can get the Joyetech Ekee Kit here:

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/Joyetech-Ekee-with-Procore-Motor-TC-Kit.html

VU Sponsors