Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Hey guys,
so I dropped my eGo AIO last night and am having a leakage problem. At first i thought it was the result of a crack in the glass which i plugged up with superglue. But it turns out the leak is downward into the unit somewhere. Fire button and USB seem untouched by liquid. Is there any place at the bottom of that tank for the liquid to go? When inverting, the liquid eventually comes out slowly.
Any hope of fixing this sort of problem?
thanks in advance for any help.

Wow- sorry you dropped it-
I would not vape the tank that was super glued! I do not think that super glue would be safe!
I would buy another AIO, it is cheap enough.

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Agrees with Snap. Probably not a good idea to vape super glue

I know that I can cheap out on stuff, but people must have vape back ups, not only gear, but coils and liquids too! I read this stuff all the time. Order 2 so you have a back up, just in case something breaks or does not work correctly, geesh! Maybe cause I order everything online- what do you do if you have to wait a week or more? Buying a pack of smokes is not an option for me, that is not my back up plan, and I make sure I stock up during great sales.

jeeper16

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I must be one of the lucky ones, as well. At the price point, I ordered two units to ensure I have a backup while one is charging. As a pack/day smoker, ~$60 (2 AIOs and 90ml juice) was extremely affordable as an entry level setup.

I've found the biggest drawback being the attached tank and switching out juice. I prefer fruit and dessert juices, and they don't always mix the best when swapping them out. One device is now used for the spiced desserts, one for the fruit and custard desserts.

Other than that, experimenting with blends has been fun - I have only tried 70VG/30PG and 80VG/20PG so far. 70VG/30PG seems to be the sweet spot for this unit with the .6 ohm coil (at least in my limited experience). 80VG/20PG has also worked well, but there is a noticable sluggishness (best way I can think of to describe it) with the unit. Has anyone else noticed this? Do other variations in ohm rating coils work better for the thicker blends?

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
I must be one of the lucky ones, as well. At the price point, I ordered two units to ensure I have a backup while one is charging. As a pack/day smoker, ~$60 (2 AIOs and 90ml juice) was extremely affordable as an entry level setup.

I've found the biggest drawback being the attached tank and switching out juice. I prefer fruit and dessert juices, and they don't always mix the best when swapping them out. One device is now used for the spiced desserts, one for the fruit and custard desserts.

Other than that, experimenting with blends has been fun - I have only tried 70VG/30PG and 80VG/20PG so far. 70VG/30PG seems to be the sweet spot for this unit with the .6 ohm coil (at least in my limited experience). 80VG/20PG has also worked well, but there is a noticable sluggishness (best way I can think of to describe it) with the unit. Has anyone else noticed this? Do other variations in ohm rating coils work better for the thicker blends?
Hi Jeeper and Welcome- I see by your counter that you have only been off cigs for almost 10 days and congrats to you! Glad to hear that you have a backup! Big sales coming for Black Friday so it is always a great time to try something new or stock up on supplies! I do not use the AIO and glad that it is working good for you. Yes 80vg is very thick, I usually use between 65 -75 vg and a 0.5Ω coil in my Nebox at 30w and seems to work very nice!
You should try entering some of the contests here, I have had good luck and have won some cool stuff!
Stay strong and Vape on!

jeeper16

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks for the feedback - I'm going to try out a 60v/40p mix next to see how that goes with the unit and will try the 50/50, too

SnapDragon NY

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
VU SWAT
Thanks for the feedback - I'm going to try out a 60v/40p mix next to see how that goes with the unit and will try the 50/50, too
Yes some trial and error to find your ideal eliquid. Took me a while to get mine right! When I 1st started vaping it was with Mistic Bridge and their 24 nic and mostly pg liquid at least for 6 months, then when the eLeaf Istick 20 came out I bought that and the eleaf gs air tank and lowered my nic down to 12 and started using higher vg eliquids.Not alot of great vape gear available when I quit with vaping, but I stayed strong! I am coming up on my 2 year anniversary on Dec1 and so glad that I did!

Whitesoxfan2579

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
6mg was too much for me when I started vaping six months ago. Switched to 3 and now I'm back and forth between 3 and 0.

Always pop out the centre coil chimney piece out. The .5 is the only coils that do not have them in them. With that chimney top cap you will have massive dry hits. Take a small screw driver and stick it in hole and a pop and it will go flying. Design flaw in my opinion. CHEERS!

Thank you! Most helpful comment up here.

jeeper16

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you! Most helpful comment up here.
I haven't understood this, I'm using .6 coils and they've never had a cap to pop open. What am I missing? I always put 4-5 drops of liquid in the fresh coil to prime, and never had any issues with dry hits. Have the coils changed making this old advice?

edit: I meant to quote wheelie, can't seem to update that

I have hardly had any spit backs on any of mine ( and Yes I do have bigger badder better mods also) the only time I get spit back is if I have overfilled or some other human error.

I've had 2 AIOs since last spring and I had ferocious spit-back at the beginning on one of them. Changed to the 2nd coil and it was fine and has stayed that way for 9 months. Have used 0.6 and 1.0 ohm coils and all sorts of e-juices and they're the best money I ever spent.

Bought a Cuboid Mini last week and that was spitting molten lava into my mouth until I reduced the power to under 20W. Not very happy so far. Other than more vapor (which I don't need), the cons seem to outweigh the pros.

jeeper16

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm going on 3 months with mine, no spit back and still going like a champ. Only drawback is the coil life, though this varies greatly by type of juice I'm using.

z man

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well I dropped Mine....Cracked the tank....I have a question,the evic aio comes with an adapter so You can use a regular 510 connected atty on it instead of the internal tank....Could that work in the joyetech ego aio?....

VU Sponsors