Become a Patron!

Joyetech Cuboid "Atomizer Short" Bad 510 Design Shorting?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
EXTENDED TITLE: Getting to the bottom of the "Atomizer Short" problem by comparing the 510 connection on the Cuboid with the Evic VTC Mini, iStick TC100W and Kanger Kbox 200W

So as some of you might know, i have had a bunch of problems with the Cuboid which ended after one week with a pre-mature death where the mod would display the message "Atomizer Short" or "Atomizer Not Found" with ALL otherwise perfectly working attys.

I moved on and ordered the new Eleaf iStick TC100W instead, having fears that the iStick might turn out to be the same garbage, I researched it a little and tried looking for the root cause for the Atomizer Short problem i was having with the Cuboid, since both mods come from almost the same company and uses the same RX board, i suspected the 510 on the iStick could also turn bad shortly after purchase.

In my search i came across this post https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...-cuboid-150-watt.721356/page-31#post-17291095

"Saw this on reddit today in case it helps anyone -
"I had a Cuboid for about a day before getting the "Atomizer Short" message at all times. I sent it in to get repaired, but this is what the nice lady at Joyetech had to say:
"Kindly pls check, The o-ring insulator under the centre connector has been squashed. When you tighten your atty it moves and shorts out. Get a small flat screwdriver and carefully lift the centre pin and try and squash as much of the o-ring back underneath it. If your atomiser's centre sticks out too much it'll break the rubber insulator."
The center pin on my Thunderstorm RTA sticks out a good bit. Just a warning!""

Checked my Cuboid's 510 and it appears to be the case, the o-ring insulator is pushed away from the center pin and the pin is shorting with the negative part of the 510, even though i have been mostly using it with a Kanger Subtank with a floating positive pin that is not sticking out at all, and screwing it very gently just so that it does not wiggle, proposed fix did not work so i investigated how the 510 on other devices is designed ...

That is the shorting 510 on my Cuboid the O-ring is pushed away from the center pin and does not seem to be doing its job insulating anything. The pin has a squared design with a sticking center.

1-Cuboid510.jpg

The pin on the eVIC VTC Mini has a rounded raised design with o-ring insulator packed underneath
2-eVicMini510.jpg

Eleaf iStick TC100W pin is similar to the eVIC VTC Mini but has a hex shape with o-ring also well packed underneath
3-iStick510.jpg

Kanger Kbox200 similar to eVIC VTC Mini rounded wide raised center pin, with o-ring sitting very firmly underdeath
4-Kbox510.jpg

It appears that all other mods have similar 510 design except the Cuboid, so what the fuck is up with that Cuboid having this kind of 510? different even from similar 510 on other devices by the same company? does anyone understand what the hell is going on?

Thanks

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Wait, how many threads for this do you have?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Nothing dude... I thought I saw two other threads with you complaining about the mod. I don't have one, but was gonna suggest that since its so popular maybe selling it and getting a mod you would like, May be a proactive way to relieve you of your troubles.
That is all.
I hate seeing people stuck and imprisoned with gear they don't like. A nice thing about vaping are all the choices in gear.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
wait, slow down, don't jump your horses too early, step by steps works best.

1- Do you perceive this thread as a complaint?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
EXTENDED TITLE: Getting to the bottom of the "Atomizer Short" problem by comparing the 510 connection on the Cuboid with the Evic VTC Mini, iStick TC100W and Kanger Kbox 200W
It appears that all other mods have similar 510 design except the Cuboid, so what the fuck is up with that Cuboid having this kind of 510? different even from similar 510 on other devices by the same company? does anyone understand what the hell is going on?

Thanks

Not a complaint, you're right . Just positive affirmation.
I'm sorry.
I just figured between this and the 20+ pages of other positive affirmations you had on the same mod, and, e other thread you went in to sing its praises that maybe relieving yourself would be another option.
I don't have the mod, so like I said, I don't care. Was just trying to be helpful.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ok, it could be my bad that the phrasing sounded as a complaint.

1- I already having a replacement on its way (NOT ANOTHER CUBOID)

2- This Mod is not sellable because it is defective.

3- I do not have or need to sell it to get rid of it because it is being replaced under warranty

4- In the replacement package i will get a shipment document to send back the defective Cuboid, easy peasy

I totally moved on evidenced in
I moved on and ordered the new Eleaf iStick TC100W instead

What happened is, while waiting for the replacement to arrive

I found new information -> new discovery -> new inquiry poped up in mind -> i got curious for the sake of science and general knowledge -> i compared the 510 to other mods and could not understand what is going on -> i started a new thread to see what people think ... again for the sake of science

So to answer your original question
Wait, how many threads for this do you have?

given that "this" above is "curiosity to understand what's up with the 510 on that particular device in light of new information from Joyetech" Then the answer is NONE, NADA ... ZERO .. NULL

So do you have an idea to feed my scientific curiosity or will it stop at giving me an advice i don't need at this time?

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
picard_doublefacepalm.gif

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Ok just like i thought, even though now is the perfect moment to start using a whole bunch of the "f" word in response to that i will try as hard as i can to be civil.

Just please and i mean please get out of the way and don't poison the fucking thread (just one f word) for others may know better, and shit like that discourages them from posting and sharing their knowledge.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Anyone know why the tail lights don't work on my new ride?
upload_2016-2-3_9-22-21.png

;)

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol! You tried f1r3b1rd, you tried..
Listen boy i can make you be really butthurt by jumping in all the threads you create "especially in the buy/sell" forum and post fucked up comments like that, you have been warned, so either you immediately cease doing that shit or am gonna make it so fucked up for you in here ... now go back to your cave wherever that is.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
A warning that if the thread goes south like it seems to going, it will end up in the UMAD BRO area of our forum, just a heads up.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Listen boy i can make you be really butthurt by jumping in all the threads you create "especially in the buy/sell" forum and post fucked up comments like that, you have been warned, so either you immediately cease doing that shit or am gonna make it so fucked up for you in here ... now go back to your cave wherever that is.

@Whiskey, @Huckleberried, @5150sick, @OBDave, @TygerTyger, @VaporJoes, @Countrypami, @Zamazam, @lordmage

So your just gonna lie about the way I do business in the buy sell and trade sections, I'm pretty sure that's Libel and illegal, so wouldn't be tolerated on the forums. Not to mention all of the members and mods Ive sold to that were happy with their purchases. Hope you get banned you punk ass bitch.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Whiskey, @Huckleberried, @5150sick, @OBDave, @TygerTyger, @VaporJoes, @Countrypami, @Zamazam, @lordmage

So your just gonna lie about the way I do business in the buy sell and trade sections, I'm pretty sure that's Libel and illegal, so wouldn't be tolerated on the forums. Not to mention all of the members and mods Ive sold to that were happy with their purchases. Hope you get banned you punk ass bitch.
I'm sure we will all keep an eye on that happening, relax bad

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fine asshole you fucking asked for it, i am not going to lie about shit, just going to trash all and any thread you create like you trash mine, posting pics of your mama's ass with the mods you sell stuck inside is not lying, it is just annoying ...

From now on, any stupid post you make in one of my threads or comment on my post, the response will be in one of your threads, you are such an asshole and you deserve this shit.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fine asshole you fucking asked for it, i am not going to lie about shit, just going to trash all and any thread you create like you trash mine, posting pics of your mama's ass with the mods you sell stuck inside is not lying, it is just annoying ...

From now on, any stupid post you make in one of my threads or comment on my post, the response will be in one of your threads, you are such an asshole and you deserve this shit.

Except it will be you all by your lonesome, maybe with VuJim there to help jerk you off.
Everyone loves shitting in your threads lol. We'll make this a fucking VU past time.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Deliberately going into normal hardware threads to dis/troll another member's thread, will not be tolerated and is a hardware rule violation and will result in warning points, just another heads-up for you.

Last edited:

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
How about not being such an ass in general? Shit man, I don't know you from Adam, but I saw you start two threads to gripe about one 40$ mod, then invade a thread about the same 40$ mod just to bitch some more. Then you start this one for the same purpose and disguise your bitching as shit science. That's not science, that's having a serious problem with acceptance.
One is square? Big deal. It's not the first one to do it.

So after being sick of reading the blatherings of a madman, I make a constructive suggestions and now you're threatening a longstanding good member here in the trash alley.

Ever stop to consider the problem is NOT everyone else around you?

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BadLuckAndTrouble
Male, 25, from Ft. Worth

This explains a lot, we will see about that kid, time to have all of VU shit in your ass.

In my free time i will create some wicked art with your name and some of your stupid tattoos on them for use in your threads, it will be even better than VU's past time, like much better.

PS. i wonder how many of your 1,063 messages were fucked up shit like that? no wonder you were able to make 1,063 posts in 7 months. will be interesting how many things we find about your conduct in the process ...

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
BadLuckAndTrouble
Male, 25, from Ft. Worth

This explains a lot, we will see about that kid, time to have all of VU shit in your ass.

In my free time i will create some wicked art with your name and some of your stupid tattoos on them for use in your threads, it will be even better than VU's past time, like much better.

PS. i wonder how many of your 1,063 messages were fucked up shit like that? no wonder you were able to make 1,063 posts in 7 months. will be interesting how many things we find about your conduct in the process ...

Lol!
Go for it man, you can't get under my skin that way.
I may only be 25 but I act like more of a man than you, who doesn't have his age posted.
99% ok well maybe 97% of my posts are constructive lol.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How about not being such an ass in general? Shit man, I don't know you from Adam, but I saw you start two threads to gripe about one 40$ mod, then invade a thread about the same 40$ mod just to bitch some more. Then you start this one for the same purpose and disguise your bitching as shit science. That's not science, that's having a serious problem with acceptance.
One is square? Big deal. It's not the first one to do it.

So after being sick of reading the blatherings of a madman, I make a constructive suggestions and now you're threatening a longstanding good member here in the trash alley.

Ever stop to consider the problem is NOT everyone else around you?

Shut the fuck up, your comment is stupid, i like to tinker with stuff, don't care if it is $40 or what not, if you just buy shit to vape on it is fine, just don't expect everyone to be as shallow.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
And also, that only means Ive already won lol. You can't get me out of your head.
You'll be wasting your time thinking about me.

Fuckin Charlie Sheen level winning right there.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Shut the fuck up, your comment is stupid, i like to tinker with stuff, don't care if it is $40 or what not, if you just buy shit to vape on it is fine, just don't expect everyone to be as shallow.
Then tinker until your little heart is just happy and quit the incessant complaining, trolling and pissing everyone off.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol!
Go for it man, you can't get under my skin that way.
I may only be 25 but I act like more of a man than you, who doesn't have his age posted.
99% ok well maybe 97% of my posts are constructive lol.
Yeah, we will see about that big mouth of yours in a few days kid when your stinky butt is on fire, i will not only get under your skin ... there are more things that i will manage to get under than you would even start to imagine.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Then tinker until your little heart is just happy and quit the incessant complaining, trolling and pissing everyone off.

Fuck you, i did not piss YOU off, YOU are the one who got into a thread i created and acted like a smart ass, if you did not like the fucking thread you should have not clicked to enter, simple ...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ok...it just got weird.... His stinky butt? And he's a kid?
Ever saw the show 'To Catch a Predator'?

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Actually f1r3b1rd is one of the more tech savy vapors, and was a big supporter of the new modular designed mods.
If you would have taken the time to get to know the people here instead of taking a shit on VU with your ignorant threads, things may have gone better for you from the start.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
OK, break, time off now, have more important things to do, will be back later when i have more time to burn...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Fuck you, i did not piss YOU off, YOU are the one who got into a thread i created and acted like a smart ass, if you did not like the fucking thread you should have not clicked to enter, simple ...
Calm down dude, you're old and I don't want your heart to explode.

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Actually f1r3b1rd is one of the more tech savy vapors, and was a big supporter of the new modular designed mods.
If you would have taken the time to get to know the people here instead of taking a shit on VU with your ignorant threads, things may have gone better for you from the start.
I was just telling him he needs to chill, considering the amount of people here that have or do build mods, dude isn't ever going to get any actual help like that.

They really need a troll corner subforum

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yeah, we will see about that big mouth of yours in a few days kid when your stinky butt is on fire, i will not only get under your skin ... there are more things that i will manage to get under than you would even start to imagine.

I should use this shit as my signature. Fuckin gold lol.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This response was supposed to go into one of your threads as promised but i am a bit in a hurry right now so i have to compromise this time around ..

Listen Kid YOU act as if someone appointed you to speak in the name of VU, like you represent the masses in here when in actuality no one has given your stupid ass that role, actually you are the most useless and less knowledgeable asshole in here,

I learned A LOT and i mean genuinely A LOT from most other people around here and there are a bunch of them that i admire and appreciate, except for your useless ass, you are just below everyone else in here and your message counter ... well is just a COUNTER of how many times you have been an asshole.

So never again i hear you lecture me about VU, its people and values, because all i see you doing all the time is kiss ass and suck dick for acceptance around here, otherwise you would not be accepted with that thick head of yours if it wasn't for that...

Now use that as your fucking signature while i let you bite on it for a while until my next "time to burn" slot

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This response was supposed to go into one of your threads as promised but i am a bit in a hurry right now so i have to compromise this time around ..

Listen Kid YOU act as if someone appointed you to speak in the name of VU, like you represent the masses in here when in actuality no one has given your stupid ass that role, actually you are the most useless and less knowledgeable asshole in here,

I learned A LOT and i mean genuinely A LOT from most other people around here and there are a bunch of them that i admire and appreciate, except for your useless ass, you are just below everyone else in here and your message counter ... well is just a COUNTER of how many times you have been an asshole.

So never again i hear you lecture me about VU, its people and values, because all i see you doing all the time is kiss ass and suck dick for acceptance around here, otherwise you would not be accepted with that thick head of yours if it wasn't for that...

Now use that as your fucking signature while i let you bite on it for a while until my next "time to burn" slot

Lol. That makes zero sense. Rage type some more at me please.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
In fact, your prosaic posts invoke such poetic imagery, we should have them printed and bound.

TygerTyger

Official Lurker
Staff member
VU Owner
VU Senior Leadership
VU Senior Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
--OR-- and I know this is a crazy idea, but hear me out....... everyone bitching could just MIND THEIR OWN DAMNED BUSINESS, stay away from members they can't get along with (there IS an ignore feature after all), and let peace abound. This is a vaping forum for adults, not a preschool sandbox, but rest assured, staff will meet you where you are and treat you accordingly. Grow up.

(if you're one of the members in this thread that can function at a mature adult level and not stoop to childish bickering, this post is not for you.... please carry on and have a nice day.)

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Where is the fun in that? Its not a good day if I can't skyrocket Vapo's blood pressure.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really, really is lol.
I would say you should try it, but you could never achieve this level of awesome.

ETA* I tried @Whiskey, but he just makes it so incredibly easy.

Vapomizer

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, ill try and tone it down. If only to curtail the mods workload lol.
tone it down to save your ass boy. if i ever see you trash a thread i created i will fuck the living hell out of your sorry ass existence and destroy any thread you create with mockery and ridiculousness, mind your own business, be and let be or suffer the consequences

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Lol, ill do as I wish. You make such an insignificant impact with your existence.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
tone it down to save your ass boy. if i ever see you trash a thread i created i will fuck the living hell out of your sorry ass existence and destroy any thread you create with mockery and ridiculousness, mind your own business, be and let be or suffer the consequences
hummmmmm, I would ask that you tone it down as well, fire in the hole............

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Also what is it with you and wanting to fuck other guys asses

Quite telling.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Could that possibly look like a bodily threat?? yea, it does in fact.

VU Sponsors