Become a Patron!

Joyetech Cubis

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so here it is.

Product page - http://www.joyetech.us/atomizer/cubis-atomizer.html

DSCN3258_zpsmq5crtz7.jpg

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I assume the photo you posted is of your own Cubis?
What is your favorite thing about it so far? And gripes yet?

I ask because I have one heading to my house as we speak. Stoked to try it out, finally.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've only ran a few tanks through it so far. I like the tank, but I'll have to use it some more to get a better idea of how the coils perform.

Only these specific coils work with this tank, so everything seems to hinge on that.

ChappyOfOz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I kinda feared that would happen since it's a completely new construction for a tank. Hopefully they'll have a more to come soon.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I just broke the O-ring that the airflow adjustment moves on. Probably my fault monkeying with it. It does not come with spare O-rings.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for starting a thread for this one as I've been interested in that new design.

Might find a replacement o-ring at your hardware store.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one. It is indeed leak-proof (kicks around in my backpack pocket with my Crown and Atlantis tank, none of them leak!).
It has good airflow for it's design, not too much and not too little (using the 0.5ohm coil), and it's hidden, giving it a nice look. It's easy to fill (albeit messy), you just gotta be sure to let the excess juice run off the coil before taking it out, or else it'll drip everywhere.
The coils themselves perform pretty well, but the flavor isn't overwhelming so I stick with more menthol-ish flavors, or flavors with a sharper taste to them (something citrus-y). They also come with a mesh guard on the top of the coil-head to prevent debris from gunking up the coils.
The tank comes in numerous colors (which is a plus for some people), and with the giant glass cup, it's easy to see when it needs a refill. Plus it comes with 2 DT (One to match the tank, and a clear one).

All in all, a decent tank to kick around.

Cubis.png

I just broke the O-ring that the airflow adjustment moves on. Probably my fault monkeying with it. It does not come with spare O-rings.
That's strange, mine came with 2 spare O-Rings. That sucks, wonder why I got some and you guys didn't?

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neither of mine came with spare o-rings, and rec'd them 2 weeks apart.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Neither of mine came with spare o-rings, and rec'd them 2 weeks apart.

Maybe I got lucky, QC guy dropped a little baggie of O-rings in my box? or maybe I have a different or later production lot where they started to include them? Either way, I feel for you guys, can't use your new tanks properly, I was fortunate mine has been fine since day one.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I stretched a smaller diameter o-ring from the Crown spare kit on it, works but is a tiny bit loose.

I have both 17X15 and 16X14 o-rings on order, I don't know what size will fit.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Pulled off the o-ring on my newest one. The size looks to be a size -014, 1/2" ID w/1/16" cross section.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You using the .5Ω at 30 watts?

Yuppers.......Seems to be the best at 30W, without exceeding its rated wattage limit. Since it's run in TC I'm sure I could bump it up higher without worry, but I wanna keep running tanks through this coil at 30W to see if it'll break in anymore, before I start experimenting more. What are you running yours at?

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ha, ya quoted before I edited.

I'm using at 20 watts more or less, in watt mode

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Isn't it the same head, or are there 2 different ones?

StanM

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It looks like you're correct. One RBA kit with everything needed for both coil builds

Looks like fun...but I'm a noob and not sure why I would need to rebuild on my own. I currently only have 2 tanks, the Cubis and the Eleaf GS tank. I find myself using the cubis with .5ss all the time....and I really like the top fill....easy, no mess. still using the same coil from 2 weeks ago...with my own DIY juice.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Looks like fun...but I'm a noob and not sure why I would need to rebuild on my own. I currently only have 2 tanks, the Cubis and the Eleaf GS tank. I find myself using the cubis with .5ss all the time....and I really like the top fill....easy, no mess. still using the same coil from 2 weeks ago...with my own DIY juice.

It's about variety and cost savings. And also about human nature to just wanting to fiddle with stuff.;)
I myself am on my 3rd week with a Cubis 1.5Ω clapton coil, and while I find it rather nice, I would prefer it to be at ~1.2Ω.

Model_A_Ford

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The ongoing saga of the single broken o-ring. (the one the air control ring sits on)

Just got the o-rings that I had ordered.

17X15 was too tight. But, I think this is because it's a rubber o-ring, instead of the proper silicone one.

16X14 silicone works, but there's a tiny bit up/down play.

So, next I'll try a 17X15 silicone. Comparing sizes to the original, I'm pretty sure that's
the correct size.

Last edited:

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
It's about variety and cost savings. And also about human nature to just wanting to fiddle with stuff.;)
I myself am on my 3rd week with a Cubis 1.5Ω clapton coil, and while I find it rather nice, I would prefer it to be at ~1.2Ω.

02/28/16, RBA heads are available now, just ordered 2 from sweet-vapes.
But I'm probably just late in finding them:D.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
02/28/16, RBA heads are available now, just ordered 2 from sweet-vapes.
But I'm probably just late in finding them:D.
Lol, you are. They were available early last week. Some friends already have them in hand. Phil B did a review on them Friday evening, if you want to see them in action.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Lol, you are. They were available early last week. Some friends already have them in hand. Phil B did a review on them Friday evening, if you want to see them in action.

Thanks, I've been waiting like forever, and haven't seen anybody announcing it anywhere:(.
Probably did tho in some other threads I don't follow:D.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, I've been waiting like forever, and haven't seen anybody announcing it anywhere:(.
Probably did tho in some other threads I don't follow:D.
Well, for as popular this tank is, I think they lit a firecracker for fans to notice.:D
They are cheap though, in the $3 range.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Been vaping on my Cubis for a couple of days now, and I really like how it performs. Took a few hours for the coil to break in and start wicking properly, but after that it's been a champ. Hands down, the easiest fill ever.

Only holding 3.5ml's kinda sux for me, but I guess it's fairly normal. Using a 1.0ohm SS coil in temp control mode on a VF Stout, it runs perfectly. Don't have to monkey with settings, nor do I get inconsistent vapes. It just works. Can't go wrong with this tank for $18.

I bought a this tank with a Cuboid mod (whole setup was less than $60, so I figured why not), and I liked the mod for the first 2 hours. After the first battery change, any battery set I own doesn't make contact and the mod shows them as dead (they were verified as fully charged with a fluke meter). The mod is headed out for return first thing tomorrow. Hopefully, it's just a bad one and the replacement will function fine.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Well, for as popular this tank is, I think they lit a firecracker for fans to notice.:D
They are cheap though, in the $3 range.

After watching PB's video review it looks like the RBA was designed more for DL vapers, sub-ohms, and vertical coils.
Although you can build with horizontal the air flow seems kinda wonky for MTL on those.
Guess I just like the flavor better on those heads with the air flow from "down under" the coils:D.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Been vaping on my Cubis for a couple of days now, and I really like how it performs. Took a few hours for the coil to break in and start wicking properly, but after that it's been a champ. Hands down, the easiest fill ever.

Only holding 3.5ml's kinda sux for me, but I guess it's fairly normal. Using a 1.0ohm SS coil in temp control mode on a VF Stout, it runs perfectly. Don't have to monkey with settings, nor do I get inconsistent vapes. It just works. Can't go wrong with this tank for $18.

I bought a this tank with a Cuboid mod (whole setup was less than $60, so I figured why not), and I liked the mod for the first 2 hours. After the first battery change, any battery set I own doesn't make contact and the mod shows them as dead (they were verified as fully charged with a fluke meter). The mod is headed out for return first thing tomorrow. Hopefully, it's just a bad one and the replacement will function fine.

Bummer on your Cuboid, luckily mine has been working perfectly even using the cheapo red efest button tops.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Sux for your Cuboid, mines been holding up fine. What's your opinion of the Stout, use and quality wise? I've been debating between it and a Lite, for a single battery do it all mod. I like the battery door compared to my creaky IPV D3. Cuboid is a bit of a brick for out an about, so I leave it at work for desk use. I put a red silicone sleeve on it, so it looks like a brick too.:D

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Bummer on your Cuboid, luckily mine has been working perfectly even using the cheapo red efest button tops.

Yeah, I started off using 2 samsung's then tried 2 LG's, then a set of VTC5's...they all did the same thing. They are all flat top batteries. Should I be using button tops in the cuboid?

Gotta say, that MVS has been great to deal with about it. Sent them an email describing the issue, and they sent an RMA form with a prepaid return label within 24 hrs.

KY_Rob

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Sux for your Cuboid, mines been holding up fine. What's your opinion of the Stout, use and quality wise? I've been debating between it and a Lite, for a single battery do it all mod. I like the battery door compared to my creaky IPV D3. Cuboid is a bit of a brick for out an about, so I leave it at work for desk use. I put a red silicone sleeve on it, so it looks like a brick too.:D

So far, so good on the Stout. Currently on day 2 with a 26650 battery, so I'm loving that part. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm only running at 460° and 23w, so it's not like I'm taxing the battery (Imren 5500mah, and isn't a power battery to begin with). It's a very comfortable device, and the build quality is pretty good. Being anal about such things, I've noticed an ever-so-slight fitment issue with the black screen cover near the fire button, but it doesn't cause any issues with function. I'd say it's worth the money, and I'm considering picking up a second one.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So far, so good on the Stout. Currently on day 2 with a 26650 battery, so I'm loving that part. In the interest of full disclosure, I'm only running at 460° and 23w, so it's not like I'm taxing the battery (Imren 5500mah, and isn't a power battery to begin with). It's a very comfortable device, and the build quality is pretty good. Being anal about such things, I've noticed an ever-so-slight fitment issue with the black screen cover near the fire button, but it doesn't cause any issues with function. I'd say it's worth the money, and I'm considering picking up a second one.
Thanks.
Seems it's not being talked about too much to get a feel for its quality.

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Yeah, I started off using 2 samsung's then tried 2 LG's, then a set of VTC5's...they all did the same thing. They are all flat top batteries. Should I be using button tops in the cuboid?

Gotta say, that MVS has been great to deal with about it. Sent them an email describing the issue, and they sent an RMA form with a prepaid return label within 24 hrs.
My mistake, I'm using the button tops in my RX200, doh!
Cuboid has the Green Samsung 25R's and work fine.

pcrdude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Mine is coming in the mail today. Black to match my COV Volt mini.....

I'm a low Watt vaper, so hopefully, it works well for me. I'll post after I try it (using Ahlusion Contrary Cherry @ 18 mg/ml)....

pcrdude

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
1.5 ohm Clapton @ 15 watts. This is 18 mg/ml (50/50), so I'm getting quite the nic hit... ;)

Flavor and vapor production is very good (for me).

:D

D6D37825-FF58-4784-B184-D234D2A0DE68_zpsjdudfngo.jpg

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have purchased 3 green and 3 red cubis so far. Each one has a broken o-ring.
Same one you are talking about.
First one was bad out of the box, the rest broke within 2 - 3 weeks of use.
They seem to break when filling the tank.
If it had only been one I would agree to user error.
But 6 separate tanks.
I highly doubt it is user error.
My wife and daughter have each been through 3 each and they both vape differently.
I just can't imagine it being a careless act on their part that is causing this super thin o-ring to break.
I am NOT saying that it is impossible, just not likely.
The downside, after 3 messages, still no reply so I am not certain where to get the replacement O-rings.
Granted, I have not taken the time to measure or search very hard yet.
Then again, I should have to.
They should at least have replacement parts on their site.
If you happen to know a part number for this o-ring or where I can get them, they'd have more than juice carriers.
(At least they still work great for that)

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The ongoing saga of the single broken o-ring. (the one the air control ring sits on)

Just got the o-rings that I had ordered.

17X15 was too tight. But, I think this is because it's a rubber o-ring, instead of the proper silicone one.

16X14 silicone works, but there's a tiny bit up/down play.

So, next I'll try a 17X15 silicone. Comparing sizes to the original, I'm pretty sure that's
the correct size.

Have you had any luck with this?

VU Sponsors