Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mother-fish_600.jpg

FDA-vision-test_600.jpg

Patented_pills_quack_600.jpg

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Those fries look good, but they’re prolly GMO or cooked in some yucky franken-oil like canola or corn.
Most likely loaded. However, in the past 2 years I only had fries 2 times. :) I bake them in the oven and never eat fries mass produced (like Mcdonalds garbage). Before my low carb diet I would buy a organic sweet potato waffle fry and bake them. Yummers!

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I already use it. I'm sorry I haven't been following the thread well enough....:idea:
I started using bcuz of my low BP. It seems to be leveling it out to be around 102/68. No, need to say sorry :hug: . It's hard keeping up if you're not on here much.
Jimi has sure dug up some fine links here.....!
:teehee: He is unofficially my doctor with all these very good informative links and videos. And no, can't leave you out, you've posted good ones too :)

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I started using bcuz of my low BP. It seems to be leveling it out to be around 102/68. No, need to say sorry :hug: . It's hard keeping up if you're not on here much.

:teehee: He is unofficially my doctor with all these very good informative links and videos. And no, can't leave you out, you've posted good ones too :)
Jimi has sure learned a LOT of very important information on his journey to good health.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
@Rhianne ...what are you folks talking about.....sorry, I didn't have time to read all the posts.....:cry:

Himalayan Pink Salt. I put a pinch in my coffee, it makes it less acidic it seems.
And the Terra Soul brand that I buy is not really salty, it tastes mellow.
With the amount of articles Jimi posts everyday, I’m not surprised you don’t have time to read them all!! :giggle:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Most likely loaded. However, in the past 2 years I only had fries 2 times. :) I bake them in the oven and never eat fries mass produced (like Mcdonalds garbage). Before my low carb diet I would buy a organic sweet potato waffle fry and bake them. Yummers!

What’s a waffle fry? It sounds great! Sorry to bring back high carb memories!
There might be something like spaghetti squash maybe that you can eat on keto.
I haven’t had anything like Mickey D or Burger King either in a few years now. I’ve been getting mostly organic food for a year now, from a Local Harvest place that I found at the Weston Price website.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
:( I don't drink coffee. Have you tried the Himalayan salt in tea? Hell, I can try it ;) . It will be interesting ! Do you use a pinch of salt in a pot of coffee or in a cup of coffee?
Tomorrow at sometime, I'll let you know how it is in tea.

I have put it in tea! I’m weird like that, but I didn’t really taste it that much. I only put in a small pinch, and the Terra Soul stuff I get is very mellow compared to other brands imho.

I put the pinch in the cup. Not a lot, but just enough that you get a bit of salt minerals throughout the day. I drink mostly tea/coffee all day, so in it goes!

Let me know how you like it...or not. :teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

I know, Jimi is like our “medicine man”! :teehee:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Jimi has sure learned a LOT of very important information on his journey to good health.

He’s helping so many people! And the info is so good. I used to go to some of the sites that he posts from to read stuff, but it’s great to be able to get the articles here!

It’s so great that Jimi is healthy now. Thank God he found the right way to be healed. People need to know that on this forum, imho.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I have put it in tea! I’m weird like that, but I didn’t really taste it that much. I only put in a small pinch, and the Terra Soul stuff I get is very mellow compared to other brands imho.

I put the pinch in the cup. Not a lot, but just enough that you get a bit of salt minerals throughout the day. I drink mostly tea/coffee all day, so in it goes!

Let me know how you like it...or not. :teehee:
Thanks ! I will give it try today and will let you know :)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
MMMM those sound delish, I love sweet potato fries of any shape as long as they are organic;)

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A Fun Way to Make Your
Neural Connections Less “Fuzzy”

If you want a brain that quickly learns new information, remembers things easily and helps you cope with the problems of daily life, you need a well-connected brain.

What do I mean by that?

I mean the brain's neurons need to arrange themselves in a wide variety of neural networks linked up for quick communication with each other.

If your network connections are fuzzy, your thinking will be, too.

And here’s a quick way to enhance those networks. . .

Start thinking creatively. Tackle tasks that necessitate thinking "outside the box."

Creative mental exercises and activities can bolster the robustness of your neural networks. And that ensures that your mental flexibility for coping with what life throws at you won't get boxed in.1

Creativity and Aging

I've found that a lot of people believe creativity is a young person's game. That most us – including scientists and artists -- do our best creative work when we're young. That getting up in years means going down in your creativity.

Don't you believe it.

A study at Ohio State looked at winners of Nobel Prizes in economics. And the researchers found something I haven’t seen asserted elsewhere: There are two separate life cycles of creativity.

According to this study, one of these cycles arises early in a career, in a person's twenties, while the other appears later in life, often in the mid fifties.2

"We believe what we found in this study isn't limited to economics, but could apply to creativity more generally," says researcher Bruce Weinberg, who teaches economics at Ohio State.

Dr. Weinberg and his fellow researchers found that the creative activities among younger economists involved conceptual creativity – coming up with innovative ideas that didn’t fit into conventional wisdom. This creativity gives birth to sudden ideas about entirely new frameworks that don’t conform to accepted theories.

The older creative economists, in contrast, were more “experimental” – taking established results and applying new analyses and interpretations to them.

Getting Creative

If you want to take advantage of the brain benefits of creativity, you have your choice of a whole host of methods.

Of course, you can spend time in the arts – playing music, sitting down to do some creative writing, painting or drawing, engaging in community theater or dance.

Many times, this publication has urged readers to take up painting or drawing, quilting, or a similar creative activity, or learn how to play a musical instrument. All those things stimulate and expand brain power.

Once you’ve chosen your creative activity, here are some suggestions to help you get better at it:

• Use expansive thought to widen your creative horizons: Research in Israel shows that shifting your focus from what’s immediately around you and, instead, contemplating distant perspectives and objects like the galaxies in outer space can help your creativity. So if you’re facing a problem that demands a creative solution, just looking at a picture of distant stars may help the creative process. "Psychological distance can help to foster creativity because it encourages us to think abstractly," says researcher Nira Liberman.3
  • Look for a particular geometric shape in everyday objects: For example, first thing in the morning, decide this is going to be a “triangle day.” Then be sure to notice all the triangles in your house, at work, outside or in stores you visit. “So much of creativity is about looking up from your daily focus and exercising your mind,” says creativity researcher Kevin Sawyer at the University of North Carolina. “Building a habit of being more aware and more mindful can have a big impact on your creative potential.”4
  • Spend time by yourself doing nothing: Many experts say that our constant connection to devices (computers, phones, etc.) and the Internet interrupts our creativity. So spending time alone with no distractions may help you be more creative.5 Plus, research at Northwestern shows that silence – without allowing even music in the background – may be essential to creativity for some people.6
  • Try something new: Get out of your comfort zone. Folks who have investigated creativity have found that when you try new activities you’ve never done before, it can inspire a higher level of creativity. They suggest listening to a type of music you’re unfamiliar with, or visit a part of your city you’ve never explored before.7,8
In my experience, some of the most creative people I know seem to be the smartest and most vibrant of my friends. They should be an example for all of us. Go out of your way (outside of that often-mentioned box!) to keep your brain working at its best. It not only improves the brain, it’s fun!

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Earlier this week we discussed the upcoming GMO labeling law in the US and the orchestrated efforts to keep consumers in the dark.

Speaking of deceptive marketing, have you ever seen "Natural Flavors" listed on your food and wondered what that meant?

Me too! So I did some digging...

After all, if it's truly natural, like an essential oil, for example, then wouldn't you list the name of the actual ingredient itself right on the label?!

Turns out, "natural flavors" and "artificial flavors" may not be too different from one another. And in both cases, manufacturers can lump a whole BUNCH of additives into that one phrase on the label.

So... even if a list showed only 5 ingredients... if one of them was Natural Flavors, you could secretly be consuming dozens of other substances!

The Food and Drug Administration says a natural flavor "contains the flavoring constituents derived from a spice, fruit or fruit juice, vegetable or vegetable juice, edible yeast, herb, bark, bud, root, leaf or similar plant material, meat, seafood, poultry, eggs, dairy products, or fermentation products thereof, whose significant function in food is flavoring rather than nutritional."

Even if derived from a real food source, these are still highly processed chemical additives.

According to The New York Times natural flavors "can add synthetic solvents, preservatives, emulsifiers, carriers and other additives to a flavor that qualifies as natural under current regulations."

To be clear, I haven't seen hard evidence suggesting these additives specifically cause health problems – but that may be because without accountability, there is no chance to notice correlation.

This is not meant to be alarmist, merely raising awareness of how processed foods can be more than a bit mysterious.

The good news is, the rules for natural flavors used in certified organic foods are much more strict.

Remember, the best 'natural flavors' come when you bite into whole fresh foods you pick yourself from your own garden or at your local farmer's market!

To a healing future,

P.S. Watch out for natural flavors in your food and see what you notice. They've been sneaking into the increasingly popular flavored sparkling waters! Of course, these products are infinitely better for you than traditional sodas, but it's still best to seek organic when you can.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D., writes:

One simple, but oft-overlooked factor in health and longevity is sweating. But these days, the Western world is addicted to air conditioning, so people rarely sweat.

We sit all day in temperature-controlled offices, ride home in air-conditioned cars, and set our home thermostats to 68 degrees. Most people literally have to go out of their way to sweat.

Special: Doctors Witness Amazing Joint Pain Changes

Growing up, I was told it was important to sweat to remove poisons from the body. In fact, one of the more efficient ways to remove mercury from your body is by sweating.

At one time, regular sweating was even a traditional treatment used in medical clinics.

Another simple thing you can do is drink plenty of water. Many people are dehydrated and don’t even know it.

This problem is prevalent in the elderly, especially men, because they avoid drinking enough water to keep from having to wake up during the night to relieve themselves.

The obsession with sugary drinks also worsens dehydration because elevated sugar levels in the blood stimulate loss of body water.

One of the early signs of diabetes is urinary frequency. When people are dehydrated, their blood becomes thicker and more likely to clot. Heart attacks and strokes happen because of sudden clotting of the blood.

It is also more difficult for the red blood cells to pass through capillaries. Serious damage from a heart attack is much more likely when collateral circulation in the heart is impaired, which can occur if a person is dehydrated.

Collateral circulation is a set of special blood vessels that bypass a blocked blood vessel — sort of a back-door blood supply.

For food and oxygen and carbon dioxide to be exchanged at the tissue level, a person must have adequate microcirculation — that is, good blood flow in arterioles and capillaries, which are the smallest of blood vessels.

Hydration opens these microvessels and makes blood flow much easier. One study found that men who drank 5 to 6 glasses of water a day reduced their risk of a fatal heart attack by 60% to 70%.

Of course, while you do want to sweat, you must be careful that it doesn’t lead to dehydration. The best solution — especially for elderly men — is to drink a lot of water early in the day.

Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D., is editor of The Blaylock Wellness Report and a nationally recognized board-certified neurosurgeon, health practitioner, author, and lecturer.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
mail

Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D., writes:

One simple, but oft-overlooked factor in health and longevity is sweating. But these days, the Western world is addicted to air conditioning, so people rarely sweat.

We sit all day in temperature-controlled offices, ride home in air-conditioned cars, and set our home thermostats to 68 degrees. Most people literally have to go out of their way to sweat.

Special: Doctors Witness Amazing Joint Pain Changes

Growing up, I was told it was important to sweat to remove poisons from the body. In fact, one of the more efficient ways to remove mercury from your body is by sweating.

At one time, regular sweating was even a traditional treatment used in medical clinics.

Another simple thing you can do is drink plenty of water. Many people are dehydrated and don’t even know it.

This problem is prevalent in the elderly, especially men, because they avoid drinking enough water to keep from having to wake up during the night to relieve themselves.

The obsession with sugary drinks also worsens dehydration because elevated sugar levels in the blood stimulate loss of body water.

One of the early signs of diabetes is urinary frequency. When people are dehydrated, their blood becomes thicker and more likely to clot. Heart attacks and strokes happen because of sudden clotting of the blood.

It is also more difficult for the red blood cells to pass through capillaries. Serious damage from a heart attack is much more likely when collateral circulation in the heart is impaired, which can occur if a person is dehydrated.

Collateral circulation is a set of special blood vessels that bypass a blocked blood vessel — sort of a back-door blood supply.

For food and oxygen and carbon dioxide to be exchanged at the tissue level, a person must have adequate microcirculation — that is, good blood flow in arterioles and capillaries, which are the smallest of blood vessels.

Hydration opens these microvessels and makes blood flow much easier. One study found that men who drank 5 to 6 glasses of water a day reduced their risk of a fatal heart attack by 60% to 70%.

Of course, while you do want to sweat, you must be careful that it doesn’t lead to dehydration. The best solution — especially for elderly men — is to drink a lot of water early in the day.

Dr. Russell Blaylock, M.D., is editor of The Blaylock Wellness Report and a nationally recognized board-certified neurosurgeon, health practitioner, author, and lecturer.

Hmm, this might have something to do with your night sweats, Jimi. :hug:

VU Sponsors