Become a Patron!

Jimi's Daily Health Articles

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Here’s a fun fact for you: Humans are the ONLY mammals that don’t make their own vitamin C.

Interesting, right? Vitamin C is so important that literally, every other mammal has the ability to create its own.

More than just a boost to the immune system, it plays a critical role in many of the body’s functions and is a powerful antioxidant. It also aids in tissue regeneration, the absorption of iron, production of collagen and so much more.

Since we have to depend on outside sources to supply vitamin C, it’s very easy (and very common) to be deficient.

And an unaddressed vitamin C deficiency can lead to a variety of diseases. It could even be fatal. Catching it early on is crucial.

With that said, here are 7 signs you’re deficient in Vitamin C...

1) You get sick more often than most people you know.

Vitamin C keeps your immune system up and running. When you don’t have enough, your immune system weakens and you start catching every little thing that comes your way.

2) You bruise easily (and wonder what you could have run into)

A lack of vitamin C leads to weakened capillaries, so even a minor bump creates a bruise.

3) Your skin is dry or scaly

Vitamin C deficiency is often the culprit behind chronic dry skin and even those annoying small bumps on the back of arms or thighs. This is because vitamin C is so closely linked to collagen.

4) You have brittle hair and nails

In the grand scheme of things, hair isn’t a very important part of the body. That’s why nutrients like vitamin C are sent to more essential areas first, and hair just gets the leftovers – if there are any.

5) Nosebleeds are a regular occurrence

This happens for the same reason bruising does. Inadequate levels of vitamin C equals weakened and fragile blood vessels.

6) Your joints are swollen and/or sore

This critical vitamin plays a key role in fighting inflammation, which as you may know is the cause of conditions like arthritis. One study showed that people low in vitamin C were 3 times more likely to develop arthritis than those who ate a C-rich diet.

7) Cuts or burns seem like they take a long time to heal

Collagen is the tissue that binds a healing wound, and it can’t do so properly without vitamin C. This fact has been known since 1937 when doctors noticed spontaneous breakdown of surgical wounds in patients low in vitamin C.

If you identify with one or more items on this list, there’s a good chance you need more vitamin C in your diet.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

One Huge Reason to Maintain Your Routine in Quarantine

Raise your hands if you’ve indefinitely turned off your morning alarms.

If you’ve lost your job, maybe that was the first thing you did.

Let your body wake up when it wants to, stretch and yawn in bed for a while, lumber on down to the living room for some light yoga and a snack.

Maybe that seems harmless. After all, the world’s routine is thrown off, and no one is sure what to do or how to act.

But there’s an integral part of your day you may be neglecting by waiting to wake up and throwing off your meal schedule…

That’s right. I’m talking about breakfast.

It’s a contentious subject, because everyone has a personal approach to starting their day.

“I’m just not hungry in the morning.” “Coffee is fine with me.” “I’ve meal-prepped and frozen breakfast for myself for the whole week, including an after breakfast snack.”

According to a recent Kellogg’s survey, only 34% of Americans are eating breakfast.

I don’t need to tell you that’s less than ideal – you know that.

But do you know why?

It’s because the moment you start eating, the moment you turn on the thermogenesis process (the production of heat in energy) in your body. That stimulates your metabolism early in the day, and keeps it going for the rest of the day.

So when you wait until 2 p.m. to have your first bite of food, your thermogenesis process doesn’t start until 2 p.m.

That’s not all…

Why the Thermogenesis Process is Vital

Waiting to activate your metabolism might not sound so bad. But when you wait, your body believes you’re supposed to conserve calories rather than burn them. (This is why a large school of scientists believe eating breakfast in the morning helps reduce your BMI.)

Here’s why: While you sleep, your body uses the resources you gave it during the day to repair the body, restore cellular balance, and maintain healthy growth and production. Which means when you wake up, it’s aching for more resources.

By waiting to eat breakfast until it’s almost lunch, or skipping it entirely, you deprive yourself of energy when your body needs it most.

The thermogenesis process that you activate by eating breakfast has rippling implications throughout the rest of your body.

The production of heat is what keeps you alive and functioning. It’s also tied into maintenance of your body temperature, or thermoregulation, that happens in the hypothalamus.

We won’t get too far into the weeds on this (keep your eye out for future issues), but essentially, initiating that thermogenesis process by eating is what gives your body the power to maintain homeostasis throughout the day.

Fundamentally, breakfast reminds your body that it has to do today what it did yesterday and what it will do tomorrow – stay awake, stay alive, and burn energy rather than store it. It’s essential for maintaining your natural circadian rhythm.

How to Eat Breakfast Efficiently

Now, the jury’s out on what matters as far as breakfast materials.

Some say eating a donut is better than nothing. Others say eating the donut leads to sugar crashes and poor food choices throughout the rest of the day, trying to catch up to the high you felt in the morning.

But generally speaking, there are a few powerful guidelines to stick to when choosing breakfast food, and some are even easier to follow now that you’re (likely) stuck in the house.

• There’s a reason eggs are often considered breakfast food. They’re very high in quality proteins, but they also leave you feeling full. That means you reduce calorie intake for the rest of the day.
  • Greek yogurt shares the qualities of eggs, while also containing bifidobacteria, which is a probiotic supporting a diversified bacterial profile in the gut.
  • Oatmeal’s spot in the breakfast-food canon is also well-earned. Not only are they gluten-free, so they don’t irritate the intestines of the gluten-sensitive, they contain a fiber called beta-glucan, which promotes fullness and reduces cholesterol.
  • Toss in berries and nuts whenever possible. While nuts are high in calories, your body doesn’t even absorb most of them, so you’re mostly getting nutrients from them like potassium, magnesium, and monounsaturated fats. And berries are low in calories, high in antioxidants, and packed with fiber.
  • Include a supplement. Many of us struggle with getting the necessary vitamins and minerals from our diet alone, so adding something to your morning routine to help combat that is beneficial for many.

You certainly don’t have to eat breakfast to live a healthy life.

But no corner of your health is disconnected from its adjacent corners. Breakfast helps encourage the normal process of thermogenesis in your body, initiate your metabolism, and remind your body to perform its normal metabolic functions.

So make sure you’re still waking up in the mornings to enjoy it!

For references visit us here.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just seen the news and 8 more new cases here in town and 9 more across the river.
8000 in the state
210 dead.
1200 new cases in the state

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I am sorry I couldn’t get this out sooner, but this just happened, and I don’t want you to be left out. I am, again, one of about a dozen experts being interviewed live TODAY (1pm PST / 4pm EST) about the global crisis. Click here to join us at NO cost.

Make no mistake, you are NEVER powerless over your health journey.

There is so much more we can be doing - right now - that does not require expensive - and sometimes risky - medications.

We have assembled an emergency LIVE cohort, with the highest global leaders who will be sharing their pure genius on the health crisis, including:

• National Guideline representatives
  • International Consultants for Healthcare Structures
  • Functional Medicine Leaders and Influencers
  • And a New York Times Best Selling Author
And we know you’re probably worried about your finances also…

• A High Performance Personal Economics Coach
  • How to access the millions in relief funds that was just released
  • If you are unemployed, how to get back to work
  • And much more…
We will be addressing the questions and solutions that matter.

While this event is difficult and potentially life altering, even for those who survive becoming ill, we will come together and be empowered.

But let’s empower you NOW, not later.

THIS live event, now, will provide you with the tools to create a sense of safety, empowerment, and action to support you, and those you love, at the HIGHEST level possible.

The talks will go on all day, at no cost - starting with me at 1pm PST / 4pm EST. Click here to attend.

Be well, and see you there,
Dr. Tom

PS: Please share this link with your family and friends you might just save a life by forwarding this to the ones you care about: https://drtomobryan--darylhill.thrivecart.com/covid19live/

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Dear Friends,

Today I welcome Logan Sneed - an incredible stage 4 Glioblastoma brain tumor survivor who wrote the #1 best selling book "Thank You Cancer."

Logan has conquered the odds and achieved the impossible. He’s here to talk about how the worst things we have to go through in life can actually be a gift to us by forcing us to create the best versions of ourselves. How transforming your mind and your diet can increase longevity, fight off disease, and create a new you.

Logan is a perfect example of how the power of the mind shifts our perspective and can save our own life. And to top it off... Logan has gained all of this incredible wisdom by the age of 23.
WATCH NOW

More about Logan Sneed:
Logan Sneed is Brain Cancer survivor that was diagnosed with a stage 4 Glioblastoma Brain Tumor March 26th, 2016. Logan has been through brain surgery, radiation, and chemotherapy. Logan has taken these obstacles and has grown in numerous ways mentally, physically, and emotionally. The day Logan’s life changed was the day that he began the Ketogenic diet. Doctors told him nothing would help this. Might as well give up.

They were wrong. The ketogenic diet and intermittent fasting has saved his life and helped me transform physically and internally. Logan has had MRI check in's and they have seen some of the best results they have ever seen. Logan could be living my life in a sense of no faith and simply giving up. That is not an option for him. Logan has had things thrown at me day in and day out. But that is a blessing and that has helped me develop the best version of himself.

Logan has become a top selling author with the book "Thank You Cancer.". He has built multiple 6 figure businesses and is now keynote speaking across the country and a world renowned influencer on social media, working everyday to change lives and achieve the impossible.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jobless claims spike to 6.6 million, doubling last week’s record, as layoffs mount amid coronavirus pandemic
https://www.naturalnews.com/2020-04...ng-last-weeks-record-layoffs-coronavirus.html
And those numbers are way low due to them being tallied before several states did their essential services only orders.
Plus the govts numbers will not be accurate anyway due to the way they calculate them. they take into account people looking for a job. How can you look for a job right now?
KY waived the job search requirements to keep your unemployment benefits due to this. for the duration of the crisis.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Jimi...I wonder how many people die EACH DAY from Diabetes and Heart problems....which are related to OVER EATING RUBBISH, I bet the numbers are staggering.

Making this so called virus look like a cake walk.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Jimi...I wonder how many people die EACH DAY from Diabetes and Heart problems....which are related to OVER EATING RUBBISH, I bet the numbers are staggering.

True, but the other effects of this may be horrible- financially, politically etc. It don’t seem good at all.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Yeah, sadly the American people, for the most part, eat garbage all day every day. We are just a breeding ground for a virus like this.

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Today's Health Thought:
"
You don't need to be perfect to inspire others. Let people get inspired by how you deal with your own imperfections.:

Jimi

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
mail

Dr. Gary Small, MD, writes:

Man’s best friend may be helping pet owners remain healthy and live longer.

A study including 3.4 million Swedes, published in the journal Scientific Reports, indicates that people who live alone and are dog owners have a 33 percent lower risk of death than single people who are not pet owners.

People living with others also enjoyed health benefits from owning a dog, but to a lesser extent. Breed of dog also made a difference: Owners of terriers, retrievers, scent hounds, and other hunting breeds experienced the greatest protection.

The researchers did not determine why dogs may protect the health of their owners, but several possible factors include a strengthened immune system, better social well-being, and increased exercise from taking dogs on walks.

Having a dog as a companion also offers a form of emotional support, which may reduce levels of stress.

Dr. Gary Small, M.D., author of The Mind Health Report newsletter, is a professor of psychiatry and aging, and director of the UCLA Longevity Center. One of the nation’s top brain health experts, he frequently appears on The Today Show, Good Morning America, and The Dr. Oz Show. He is co-author with wife Gigi Vorgan of many best-sellers, including The Memory Bible and 2 Weeks to a Younger Brain.

VU Sponsors