Jackfruit by TFA (Botboy141 Review)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Wow, TFA nailed it on the head with this one. Unfortunately the description on their website is a bit misleading. This is the best representation of jackfruit I have tried (only other I had tried was FlavorWest though). Never seen another jackfruit.

For those that don't know here are more details on jackfruit.

This is NOT the 'juicy gum' flavor that TFA hints at on their website, however, it is a true representation of a tropical jackfruit. It's a very smooth blend predominately pineapple and mango with a noticeable banana but has a nice background hint of a fuij style apple. Not overly sweet but not sour, bitter or tart either. Just the right combination of sweetness and true taste. Some citric or malic acid would help this to pop a bit more and likely add that sour note that some might prefer with this flavor.

I tried it standalone @ 5%, 10%, 15% and 20%. The flavor remained consistent throughout, I wish this flavor was a bit stronger overall, but at 15% standalone, it makes an excellent tropical fruit vape.

I'd recommend starting at 15% and if you need it stronger increase it and see what happens. 20% the flavor started to change just a tiny bit on me but still very very good.

As far as mixing goes, I see this being an excellent complement to other darker fruits such as blueberry, pomegranate, strawberry or to add a complex note to blends that are primarily mango or pineapple. Could also work well with other banana vapes. Not sure that it would work well in dessert flavors but those aren't my specialty anyways.

Going to play around with some combinations of this as I feel it definitely has the potential to be a key ingredient in a new juice for my signature line.

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you! I've never eaten a jackfruit, but it sounds delicious. Unfortunately, its not the gum flavor I was hoping for, but I think this might work for me! :)

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could you see this being a good candidate for mixing with TFA Marshmallow like you listed in another post? I think the fruit you used as an example was TFA Kiwi Double. If so, what would you start this % at? IIRC, you suggest 15% marshmallow with the fruit element. Some mixers would claim that since 15% standalone was fine with Jackfruit, 7.5% would be a good starting point, but I'm interested to hear the words of someone who's worked with the flavor.
I also have never had a jackfruit, but I love all the flavors you listed as references for this. Will definitely be picking up an 8ml vial to try this out. Thanks again for a great piece of DIY information!

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Could you see this being a good candidate for mixing with TFA Marshmallow like you listed in another post? I think the fruit you used as an example was TFA Kiwi Double. If so, what would you start this % at? IIRC, you suggest 15% marshmallow with the fruit element. Some mixers would claim that since 15% standalone was fine with Jackfruit, 7.5% would be a good starting point, but I'm interested to hear the words of someone who's worked with the flavor.
I also have never had a jackfruit, but I love all the flavors you listed as references for this. Will definitely be picking up an 8ml vial to try this out. Thanks again for a great piece of DIY information!
Toasted Marshmallow, not regular first of all. And yes, I think 5% jackfruit 15% toasted Marshmallow would make a great combination (making it as soon as I finish this post by the way).

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Toasted Marshmallow, not regular first of all. And yes, I think 5% jackfruit 15% toasted Marshmallow would make a great combination (making it as soon as I finish this post by the way).
Yes, toasted marshmallow. I've yet to try your suggestion yet, but I'm working my way towards it!

Sent from the Otter Box around my Galaxy S4.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
all i can think on with Toasted Marshmallow is what the coils look like after a few days of steady vaping..
specially if it's not a dripper.. wow.. and if your coils are getting crusty, imagine what it will do to lungs..
lungs can't clean like a stomach.. :oops:
think the highest I use it at is around 4%

as far as jack fruit.. I snagged the FW one, and it's like you can chew the fruit..
that pieces of the fruit are really floating in the juice, even tho they are not..
will have to snag some tfa and see.. ;)

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
all i can think on with Toasted Marshmallow is what the coils look like after a few days of steady vaping..
specially if it's not a dripper.. wow.. and if your coils are getting crusty, imagine what it will do to lungs..
lungs can't clean like a stomach.. :oops:
think the highest I use it at is around 4%

as far as jack fruit.. I snagged the FW one, and it's like you can chew the fruit..
that pieces of the fruit are really floating in the juice, even tho they are not..
will have to snag some tfa and see.. ;)
If our lungs don't clean themselves over time like the rest of our body does, how do people recover from years of smoking? All the tar and chemicals in there definitely do a number on those cotton filters.
Yes, our lungs do heal themselves over time.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
They can not digest sugar, VJ.. that is my point..
Toasted Marshmallow at high rates of use will crust your wick and coil..
but hey! if you and others want it higher.. so be it..

yes, you get infections colds and what nots.. but that does not mean that you can just sniff snort or vape anything.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So who put sugar in TFA's Toasted Marshmallow? ;)

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Vape on.. eh wth, why stop at 15% then :p
think you understand what I am saying, VJ.. :D
Are you implying I don't? Because if so, please enlighten me.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

sorry.. not worth my time.

for those that wish to use 15% or more of one or many flavors.. I salute you!
Botboy.. good luck with this thread.. sorry.. carry on..

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well, that's nice to know, @Smoky Blue. From the way you're speaking, I would infer you speak of an inherent, avoidable danger. One I - at the bare minimum - am currently unaware of. If this is true, and the few moments it would take to mention it are not worth your time, does this extend that nonchalance to the safety of vapers? I just want to make sure I understand what you mean by
sorry.. not worth my time.
If this is how you feel, that's your prerogative, it's not my place to judge.

I hope it's worth your time to reply to this.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Well, that's nice to know, @Smoky Blue. From the way you're speaking, I would infer you speak of an inherent, avoidable danger. One I - at the bare minimum - am currently unaware of. If this is true, and the few moments it would take to mention it are not worth your time, does this extend that nonchalance to the safety of vapers? I just want to make sure I understand what you mean by

If this is how you feel, that's your prerogative, it's not my place to judge.

I hope it's worth your time to reply to this.

Actually, you already did..

Do a search for a Dr Kurt, over on ecf.. enlighten your mind, instead of baiting.. for that is what I took it as..
your prerogative to vape at what ever flavor % you wish to.. i can not stop you.
It pays to read everything, everywhere. the standard practice has been 20% total flavor not to exceed 30%..
Each flavor has it's own "fade effect" and by that, the more flavor you add.. the more it will fade.

those 2 are my points.. I am not here to argue. I do not have the time.
When in doubt.. search, expanding one's mind helps when learning what to do and what not.

ps.. i'd go thru everything he has to say on vaping. he is one very smart man.

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thank you @Smoky Blue, I appreciate you giving me a lead so I can learn how I am wrong, instead of belittling and saying I'm not worth your time. It's not my intention to argue either, but it doesn't feel good when someone tells you that you're wrong, but not what you're wrong about. Does that sound crazy?
I apologize for the combative tone of my post, but I'm always open to learning new things. Unfortunately, working two jobs and attending school full time doesn't really afford me the luxury of perusing every scientific journal published on vaping. Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction, I'll make sure to check that one out.
/hugz?

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
no worries, VJ.. i try not to belittle anyone, including me ;)
I don't post long statements, i am a bit to the point, if not..
can lead up to a point.. the rest relies on the other person that does want to learn..

and yeps.. hugz :)

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I love everyone.

And I agree with @smokyblue to an extent. I rarely use things this sweet in that high of a percentage as it does gunk up coils extremely fast. However, IME, if you actually want something to taste like a toasted marshmallow, that's the percent that's needed, otherwise you just get a creamy sweetness.

I only drip and I find myself building new coils once a week at a minimum (mainly cause I tend to break my 30gauge dual coil set up by changing wicks so often). Coils aren't usually an issue to me, but for others on tanks and such, it definitely poses a concern.

As far as health effects, I'll leave that shit up to Dr. F as I'm clueless there. I don't smoke anymore and I'm damn happy about it!

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
I love everyone.

And I agree with @smokyblue to an extent. I rarely use things this sweet in that high of a percentage as it does gunk up coils extremely fast. However, IME, if you actually want something to taste like a toasted marshmallow, that's the percent that's needed, otherwise you just get a creamy sweetness.

I only drip and I find myself building new coils once a week at a minimum (mainly cause I tend to break my 30gauge dual coil set up by changing wicks so often). Coils aren't usually an issue to me, but for others on tanks and such, it definitely poses a concern.

As far as health effects, I'll leave that shit up to Dr. F as I'm clueless there. I don't smoke anymore and I'm damn happy about it!

this is what has me concerned..
when we have new people that immediately want to get into vaping.. and!!! >selling<
and they see percents like this.. oh boy.. it can turn ugly, selling a litter of this to someone using a c4 throw away.. (#1)

or your average mixer that has not studied up on things like this..
that comes in with an outlook of I can do it any way I want.. (some what true)

there has been no studied effects of how ever much flavoring we are using..
do not assume anything.. less is more, and more than we all should be using..

as ex smokers and what not.. it takes time for those "buds" to come back..
they wont if you aim for 40% and up..

there is a way to obtain the toasted marshmallow without going all that high..
combining your "sweet effects"..

and I should make a post about it in another spot.. but it is possible to have your fruit and vape it like you like..
(btw, Dr F and Dr Kurt are the same person ) :D

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
this is what has me concerned..
when we have new people that immediately want to get into vaping.. and!!! >selling<
and they see percents like this.. oh boy.. it can turn ugly, selling a litter of this to someone using a c4 throw away.. (#1)

A juice like this would never make it into one of my product lines and if it did, which it won't, it would have a disclaimer about coil junking unlike the 90% of other juices that do gunk coils and say nothing about it.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
not saying you would, botboy.. but there are others out there..
that is the scary thing!! ;)

VapingJunkie

Down with the Clown
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Until some flavors are verified as safe, *any* flavor is too much, in the best interest of the public. But who wants to vape unflavored juice? Yes, I know some people on this site do, or would. But, where's the fun in that? If all I had to vape on was unflavored juice, I'd probably still be smoking cigarettes. Sad, but true.

I apologize if my posts are brazen, but I was raised to be opinionated, even if those opinions are wrong. Not stubborn, and not so stupid as to think I'm always right. If I'm wrong, I'll be the first person to admit it. But if I'm not worth anyone's time, how can I learn? (Without spending all my time scouring vaping documents rather than socializing with the best collective of vapers in the world!)

JediTT

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Botboy141

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'd guess TFA Jackfruit + FA Custard as it would likely play the best with it. I'll give that a try tomorrow. Most likely going to be amazing.
Tried it but decided to try a twist with just a hint of Acai, not that good, came out a bit muddled, more things to try.

VU Sponsors