Become a Patron!

I've found the limit for 'too much vaping'

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. At my worst, I would sleep so long that when I woke, my body was intensely sore, massive headache, and I never felt rested. When i finally quit smoking and I was using my 2.0 ohm Protank 3 on a Tesla, I was doing so significantly better with sleep.

Once I got into dripping, I was still fine. However, over the last few months, my sleep has deteriorated to a level of crap again. I vape almost always. I used to use 3mg nic juices that I make, dropped all the way down to 1mg, and then increased it to 2mg because I thought my excess vaping was because I subconsciously wanted more nic. I do not want to quit vaping but I am not sure what else to do. I think I am vaping too much (20ml a day), and the massive amount of VG hitting my lungs every day builds up, clogging them. I think its affecting my lungs and causing me some of the same sleep issues that I had when my lungs were clogged from 2 packs a day smoking.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. At my worst, I would sleep so long that when I woke, my body was intensely sore, massive headache, and I never felt rested. When i finally quit smoking and I was using my 2.0 ohm Protank 3 on a Tesla, I was doing so significantly better with sleep.

Once I got into dripping, I was still fine. However, over the last few months, my sleep has deteriorated to a level of crap again. I vape almost always. I used to use 3mg nic juices that I make, dropped all the way down to 1mg, and then increased it to 2mg because I thought my excess vaping was because I subconsciously wanted more nic. I do not want to quit vaping but I am not sure what else to do. I think I am vaping too much (20ml a day), and the massive amount of VG hitting my lungs every day builds up, clogging them. I think its affecting my lungs and causing me some of the same sleep issues that I had when my lungs were clogged from 2 packs a day smoking.
I too was a 2 PAD smoker for over 25yrs..I started vaping 3 yrs ago now and as my learning curve improved and mods got better I came down from 24 mgs of nic to 5mgs today..
I probly vape 10-15mls a day on 3 or 4 different mods/tanks/RDA's in rotation, all with different flavors..I sleep very well with no issues at all..I've lost weight because vaping cuts my appetite.
I think I've found my happy medium.. Good luck to you..

sent from my XT1080 via Tapatalk

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@smacksy i've actually gained 25lb due to quitting smoking. I am happy I quit but damn 25lb? ffs... lol :/

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@smacksy i've actually gained 25lb due to quitting smoking. I am happy I quit but damn 25lb? ffs... lol :/
Wow! Guess it just goes to show how vaping affects different people. lol
But I do drink a lot of water, iced tea and beverages as vaping makes me thirsty, but not hungry.. I'm 5'11"and weighed 240 lbs when I started vaping 3 yrs ago..I weigh 185 today..
I feel better,food tastes better and I'm not short winded anymore ...vaping has been good for me

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Wow! Guess it just goes to show how vaping affects different people. lol
But I do drink a lot of water, iced tea and beverages as vaping makes me thirsty, but not hungry.. I'm 5'11"and weighed 240 lbs when I started vaping 3 yrs ago..I weigh 185 today..
I feel better,food tastes better and I'm not short winded anymore ...vaping has been good for me

Sent from my QTAQZ3 using Tapatalk
Yeah... I want to eat a lot more. I'm not too active because I drive a truck for a living. I drink a lot but it's not water, it scratches my throat for some reason. Sucks. I'd absolutely love to lose my weight...

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wow..I used to drive for Western Express, Navajo Express, Swift and Warner but retired early..
In fact I started vaping just after that.. Well anyway, good luck to you and stay safe on the road..

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yeah I started with and am still with celadon, just under 2 years now. I wanted to find a new company but I jut learned last week that I need to have 2 years in with one company to get a home loan, so I've made the right decision to stay here and pretty much make them work for me instead of the other way around.

Barbara E.

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

Your sleep problems could be due to many things besides vaping. The fact that you said you've gained 25 pounds raises a red flag. My first thought was sleep apnea but it could be due to several things.

When trying to track down the cause of a problem, you have to be logical. You think it might be the high volume of eliquid you're using. So the first thing I'd do is go back to a smaller system. Raise your nicotine (if necessary) and cut back on the amount of juice you use. Do that for a week or two and see if you're sleeping better. (This will test your hypothesis that the high volume is what's causing your problem.) If you're not sleeping better, it's probably something else.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
@Barbara E. you're exactly right and that's the plan of attack I am going to take. I don't have my smaller gear anymore but maybe thre's a way i can drip the high nic juice without poisoning myself? lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
@Barbara E. you're exactly right and that's the plan of attack I am going to take. I don't have my smaller gear anymore but maybe thre's a way i can drip the high nic juice without poisoning myself? lol
You can just up your nic to a level where you dont feel sick afterwards and go from there...At night I feel just before bed and if I wake up in the middle of the night I get that craving bad, I drip 12mg and vape 5-6 times and I can go back to sleep, the rest of the day I use 3-6mg...12mg is alot but if your craving or want to cut don I would suggest 8-12mg...helps if you make your juices

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
Yeah... I want to eat a lot more. I'm not too active because I drive a truck for a living. I drink a lot but it's not water, it scratches my throat for some reason. Sucks. I'd absolutely love to lose my weight...

I drove for a summer and drank pop (soda) gained 10 lbs

Next summer I only drank water when thirsty, lost 10 lbs

Vaping requires a lot more water to be consumed, so I can see the two things really colliding :/

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can just up your nic to a level where you dont feel sick afterwards and go from there...At night I feel just before bed and if I wake up in the middle of the night I get that craving bad, I drip 12mg and vape 5-6 times and I can go back to sleep, the rest of the day I use 3-6mg...12mg is alot but if your craving or want to cut don I would suggest 8-12mg...helps if you make your juices
im absolutely impressed that you can handle 12mg on a dripper even if it's only for a few hits. i could barely handle 9mg lol

im also facing the problem of the fact that i love to vape! i do it all day long just to give yu an idea, i probably vape 10-12 of every 15 minutes.. , i love the flavor and the constant ability to 'taste' something without eating per se. so what i can already see happening is that i am going to give myself a lot of headaches because due to the sheer frequency of my vaping, i am going to just vape too much nic.

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I tried 6mg in a dripper, it didn't do it for me, plus I hated all that extra dripping to get enough. I had to go up to 11mg. Normal tanks are 18mg. Now with TC I just use 18mg for everything.

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I used to smoke almost 2 packs a day. At my worst, I would sleep so long that when I woke, my body was intensely sore, massive headache, and I never felt rested.

It's been many years since I've actually slept until I woke up without an alarm of some kind... but I did frequently wake up with very massive headaches, possibly migraines... and because of your mention of this I haven't really connected them with the cigarettes until now but come to think of it I haven't awakened with a headache since I quit smoking... I wonder if it was nic. withdrawals during sleep or something...?

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping 3 yrs and can't handle anything over 3 mgs dripping without busting out in a sweat...
In the subtanks I vape 5 mgs and in three hits have that warm, all over feeling of a very relaxing nicotine buzz..its why I love to vape, lol

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
dripping every 10 minutes is definitely getting old, too. i love to vape, like i said, but i do believe that the issues with my sleep are related to the sheer amount i really do vape. i've been tested for apnea, and i do not have it, i was told that i needed to quit smoking though and I did and everything improved greatly. I went from sleeping 9-11 hours a day to sleeping maybe 6.5 on average and now i am back up to 8-9 so i want to stop things before they get worse.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've been vaping 3 yrs and can't handle anything over 3 mgs dripping without busting out in a sweat...
In the subtanks I vape 5 mgs and in three hits have that warm, all over feeling of a very relaxing nicotine buzz..its why I love to vape, lol

i've not had a nicotine buzz since i started vaping...

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i've not had a nicotine buzz since i started vaping...
fe4f99b45ebd0097f72144dbbfba3036.jpg
Wow...might be your equipment...
These are the 4 mods/tanks I'm vaping today in rotation.. The Dark Horse and Doge have dual coil parallel 24g nichrome builds I drip 3ngs on at about 65-70w..two hits and I'm good..the subtanks both have .25 coils and with 5mgs of nic I get that buzz in three hits at 50-55w or so depending what juice I'm vaping...what mods/tanks/RDA's are you using?

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Sigelei 150, "mutation" rda, dual twisted 24ga kanthal, measuring at 0.3 ohms at 80 watts. Juice is 3mg
I tried a tank, subtank I believe, and it leaked everywhere so I retired it after one use. :/

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mutation is a good RDA for sure...
My 24g nichrome builds are a little hotter at .15 ohms..both the Doge and Dark Horse have great airflow helping to keep the vape cool..
But I like the subtanks too, especially when I'm too lazy to drip..having multiple devices at the ready with a different flavor helps prevent flavor burnout, vaping the same flavor all day long...lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
A decent build and some good juice goes a long way....
Quad coil 26g @ .2 Ohms and a DIY Triple Parralel 26g Atlantis coil rebuild at .4 happily gives off enough for a satisfying vape :)

Attachments

• 0821151623b.jpg
    0821151623b.jpg
    574.5 KB · Views: 23
  • Cloud 2.png
    Cloud 2.png
    250.1 KB · Views: 20

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
maybe if i crank up the wattage and actually get a strong chest/throat hit, it'll help me lower my frequency of vape, and hopefully let my lungs "dry out" so to speak... (sometimes when i cough/clear my chest i will actually cough up a significant amount of condensated juice lol. and yes i know it's juice, cuz it usually happens after a heavy vape session for whatever reason. I make max vg mixes, with the only pg being the pg in my flavors. I have a gallon of pg, but i don't like its taste, hence the reason I am using max vg

i mainly wrote this post because i kinda 'need' input from the community and if anyone else has found these issues affecting them too hopefully this thread will assist in their solution.

For the past few weeks I was running a single twisted 24ga kanthal ccoil at 0.8 ohms 38w... rebuilding is cumbersome on my truck sometimes... im at home now and just rebuilt with my old normal build, the dual twisted 24ga kanthal coils at 0.3 ohms 80w and i think im already noticing a slowdown.

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
maybe if i crank up the wattage and actually get a strong chest/throat hit, it'll help me lower my frequency of vape, and hopefully let my lungs "dry out" so to speak... (sometimes when i cough/clear my chest i will actually cough up a significant amount of condensated juice lol. and yes i know it's juice, cuz it usually happens after a heavy vape session for whatever reason. I make max vg mixes, with the only pg being the pg in my flavors. I have a gallon of pg, but i don't like its taste, hence the reason I am using max vg

i mainly wrote this post because i kinda 'need' input from the community and if anyone else has found these issues affecting them too hopefully this thread will assist in their solution.

For the past few weeks I was running a single twisted 24ga kanthal ccoil at 0.8 ohms 38w... rebuilding is cumbersome on my truck sometimes... im at home now and just rebuilt with my old normal build, the dual twisted 24ga kanthal coils at 0.3 ohms 80w and i think im already noticing a slowdown.

Cool...I favor parallel over twisted..but that's just me I reckon..hope you all the best getting it worked out..

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
any ideas you come up with are totally welcome, and thanks for your wishes!

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
any ideas you come up with are totally welcome, and thanks for your wishes!
NP...I favor parallel builds because they cover more cotton per wrap..5 wraps is actually 10 wraps of single wire..ramp up time is faster too and I don't have to vape above 65-70w or so for good clouds/flavor like this pic shown here
ccddebcf04b66043b03f0bffeb30ff26.jpg

I do enjoy fogging up my room from time to time, lol

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm not knocking clouding by any means but I'm not even chasing them anymore! Lol

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
No need for chasing them....A good build usually gives off a modest cloud

Reactions: Myk

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No need for chasing them....A good build usually gives off a modest cloud
For me the thicker the cloud the bigger the flavor and the nicotine rush..it's why I vape... but everybody's different. My little sister still likes to tootle puff, she blows modest clouds and is very content...but like I say, what works for her doesn't work for me and vice versa. Isn't having your own choice great? I think so...it's all personal preferences. :)

I've found myself dripping 18mg the last month or two and have had no side effects. I would suggest seeing your doctor like others have recommended. When I was using my SubTank Mini and vaping 6mg, I did find that I was over vaping a bit and I was drying myself out. This also happens whenever I help companies test flavors. Hours upon hours of chain vaping will do that, it also depends on what liquid you are vaping. PG dries you out more-so than VG does, some flavors can irritate the nasal and lung channels if vaped too frequently.

I am primarily a flavor chaser, preferring my 1ohm builds and now a .20 with temperature control. I once tried a 30mg blend from a friend and that was pretty rough, I could see how someone could get too much nicotine. Otherwise, unless you are vaping those kinds of high mg eliquids I wouldnt worry too much about nicotine sickness unless your medical practitioner stated it could be a possibility. I have never once had my Subtank leak, unless it is a known problem with the atomizer it is usually user error. It is something to maybe revisit, a lot of the new tanks are so well designed and cheap they might be worth a look. Anyway, Vape Safe and Vape Happy friend!

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want to talk about something that affects us all. Virginity. It's been affecting our young people for generations.
People have switched to non lethal means to quit smoking. Vaping has harmed No Body. We can't let that go. There is Tax $$ in there somewhere, the politico's are thinking. Science Trumps Politics every time. :cool: (my way of Bitchin')

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
20ml a day? Wow thats a bunch for sure on max VG. I believe I come in at 5-6ml a day on 100% VG (I use stuff from Velvet Cloud). I have to mix the nic strengths though since they don't have an 8-9mg strength. I basically take a 30ml bottle of their 12mg and mix it with 30ml of 6mg and I get roughly 9mg. I will occasionally drip 12mg and I get a nice nic buzz off it lol.

But yeah anywhere from 9-12mg suits me well. I like using my dripper because if I use the tank I'll chain vape myself into nausea. I wasn't 2 PAD but closer to 1 to 1.5 PAD when I smoked.

I do notice tho that when I drip my 12mg stuff, if I have some laying around, I'll usually vape a little less.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
So it's been about a week now od vaping 3mg nic and my sleep quality is dropping fast!! I'm going to have to quit vaping to see if things improve.

I do have 15ml of 0mg nic on my truck, I'll vape that then I guess I'm stopping

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So it's been about a week now od vaping 3mg nic and my sleep quality is dropping fast!! I'm going to have to quit vaping to see if things improve.

That sucks :(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
The more I vape the tighter my breathing gets... and it's 3mg nic, max vg, and extreme ice from fw

ren.dnb

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The more I vape the tighter my breathing gets... and it's 3mg nic, max vg, and extreme ice from fw

Did you try the 0 nic stuff?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just opened it. The 0 nic is watermelon, it doesn't say what blend, bought off an Indian reservation in ny and the maker is named Puffalo

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And it really sucks that there's no vape shops I can access with my truck, so once that 15ml is gone I'm done vaping til the 5th of September at least

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Did you try the 0 nic stuff?

A note on that, when I first vaped I cut to 0mg really fast. Everything made me sick except 0mg. I eventually quit for 3 years and went back to smoking.
When I was checking into vaping again I saw people with PG problems. I tried "PG free", no problem. Tried some of my old PG, instant problem.
Been low PG, usually with nicotine (about 4 months without) ever since without a problem. Even 0mg PG makes me feel terrible now.

And the 0 nic stuff tastes like dog crap fml

Except for bad flavors tasting like crap, you get used to it feeling like nothing is there. Same with going to flavorless, it also feels like nothing.
I never tried 0mg flavorless, that probably creates a black hole.

Saddletramp1200

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And it really sucks that there's no vape shops I can access with my truck, so once that 15ml is gone I'm done vaping til the 5th of September at least

I always parked My truck where I knew it was safe, & called a Taxi. $20.00 Taxi ride for what you need is a lot better than going without.:cool:

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
well, I've been using an albuterol inhaler just once right before i go to sleep and I am consciously trying to slow down some and I am also using some juice that I believe is around 2-2.5mg and so far things are a bit better already. If I can correlate happenings properly, I think things started going south for me when I originally started vaping 3mg again after I was down to 1mg. I went to 3mg because I thought I was vaping too much then, only because I vaped for 10 out of every 15 minutes on average. I am a chain vaper like you would not believe. tonight will be a test though, because I 'relapsed' lol and vaped like a freight train again while I was playing cod... (yep, outfitted the truck with a tv, xb1, and tether thru my phone).

Vaping Raven

Member For 4 Years
I always thought that bigger the cloud more juice is being consumed. I like nice sized clouds but I like to enjoy the flavor over the cloud chasing. It all depends sometimes I want large clouds other times I don't even want a little cloud. I also found at least for me the 80VG/20PG gives me the most flavor even if the juice may not last as long or even when I have to wait a bit longer for the coil to be primed.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perhaps get a 0nic juice for some of your favorite flavors. And every 3-4 times you fill your RDA, use the 0nic juice instead of the nic. Keep doing this until you're down to using 0nic every other time you fill your dripper. It will become a placebo effect eventually, and perhaps one day you can get down to 1nic and perhaps cut vaping down to ten mils a day. Also, start inhaling less if you feel your lungs being affected.

Cigmod VonToker

Member For 4 Years
For the sleep part you might try High Voltage "Lights Out". It has a little Melatonin in it. It has a mild calming affect on me and puts my son right to sleep after dripping it in his derringer for a short while. It does nothing for my wife but she loves the taste and smell. Everyone seems to love the smell. Who knows it might work for you and if nothing else its a very nice vape to end the day with.

imitateart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Perhaps get a 0nic juice for some of your favorite flavors. And every 3-4 times you fill your RDA, use the 0nic juice instead of the nic. Keep doing this until you're down to using 0nic every other time you fill your dripper. It will become a placebo effect eventually, and perhaps one day you can get down to 1nic and perhaps cut vaping down to ten mils a day. Also, start inhaling less if you feel your lungs being affected.

I second this opinion. One of the side effects of nicotine at high dosages is sleeplessness, and you were not experiencing this issue when you were vaping lower quantities. The common element between 2PAD and 20ML nic juice is relatively large quantities of nicotine intake, so that would be the first thing I would experiment with. Try making your juices both with and without nicotine and alternate throughout the day, aiming to half your nicotine intake overall. Give it the same amount of time it took you to have better sleep when you first switched to vaping to see if it works. If it doesn't, then look for other sources of the problem.

msjs91011

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I changed bottles that I use for vaping and the sleep problems have subsided. I'm not sure what was wrong with those bottles, but I quit using them, and ordered some new ones, and I am pretty much fine again. As for the fluid collecting in the chest/lungs, that still happens but when it does I'll just put the vape down for as long as I can and bring up all the water by exhaling quickly and all is well in the world again. I also noticed that I chain vape heavily, dripping anywhere from 2-4ml just before bed. Calmed that down which is helping too. Hopefully anyone following this thread reads this and will try the steps I took if they're feeling the same issues.

imitateart

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
@Count Vapula I was seriously considering bringing that fact into my convo, but I also know that even after 1 halflife cycle (2 hrs) some people get really agitated without nic, so didn't. I guess the study @Myk posted may help to explain why :3

@msjs91011 Glad to hear you've found a solution.

VU Sponsors