Become a Patron!

It's not vaping regulation, it's prohibition

Bliss Doubt

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Yes, the FDA's proposed regulations as written could indeed kill the industry.

So I sent this in an email to all of my friends and family that I could think of. Feel free to cut and paste and use my verbage as is, or edit to suit you, or rewrite it, but forward this message. Make the effect exponential. Add something I didn't, tell them that after signing the petition, to forward your email to everyone they know.

Maybe it will work, maybe it won't, but we will have tried. Here is what I sent out:

Begin

It occurs to me that I should call in friends and family to support me in fighting the FDA, whose proposed regulations on vaping will affect me adversely. The window of time during which you can help is rapidly closing.

Vaping enabled me to stop smoking cigarettes, and so saved my health, and probably my life, as I look back on a father and an uncle who died from emphysema from smoking cigarettes. The Saturday after Thanksgiving this year will bring my third anniversary of being completely free of cigarettes. Some very old processes in my lungs healed and I am well. I will be happy to answer any questions about the ecigarette carrier liquids and their ingredients, and provide sources for further information.

I signed the White House petition linked below in this email. I ask you to add your name to it by November 26, and support of my hope of remaining free to use the only smoking cessation method that has worked for me, worked for my friends who clued me into vaping, worked for many people I know. How many people do you know who stopped smoking by vaping? Please help us all.

Our government will not allow vaping to be promoted as a smoking cessation method, in spite of the hundreds of thousands of people around the world who have been delivered from smoking by this method. Those vape shops and websites that have promoted the ecigarette for smoking cessation with signage or verbage have received a cease and desist letter from our FDA, informing them that they are breaking federal law.

Our FDA has been given the green light to write regulations of the vaping industry and the use of vaping. As written, the FDA’s proposed ecigarette regulations will remove 99.9% of vapor products from the market. This will have the effect of banning the sale and use of vaping equipment and supplies as we know it in this so called free country.

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/pe...-life-saving-vapor-products-can-remain-market

Again, the deadline is November 26.

If the FDA has its way, cigarettes and other tobacco products will remain available to all who want them. It's laugh or cry.

Thank you.

end

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My opinion is that it is fear mongering. Vaping is now Big Vapor. The companies who dominate the market and account for 90% of products will still exist in 2 years and after 2 years... Companies like Suicide Bunny and Five Pawns probably won't survive...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My opinion is that it is fear mongering. Vaping is now Big Vapor. The companies who dominate the market and account for 90% of products will still exist in 2 years and after 2 years... Companies like Suicide Bunny and Five Pawns probably won't survive...
Shocks me 5 pawn and SB are still around after the flap of the fudged test results.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Shocks me 5 pawn and SB are still around after the flap of the fudged test results.

Most vapers have no idea about the lies and deceit, or don't care... They can't make e-liquid people like without DA/AP, so won't make it after regulations...

I do think large labs will come about- like what is happening in the UK , who will make a lot of the e-liquid on the market, with custom flavors/bottling for smaller vendors who can't make regulation compliant e-liquid at a reasonable cost...

backdoc

Member For 4 Years
I hope you're right Steve , but I think you're wrong ......I don't trust the greed and power that is wielded by our elected officials and the lobbyists that fuel the fire.....you and i are of no effect , we have no power in the end, only the illusion of a voice, and a vote. If the media/ govt continues to demonize vaping we don't have a chance in hell , once again, I hope I'm wrong

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hope you're right Steve , but I think you're wrong ......I don't trust the greed and power that is wielded by our elected officials and the lobbyists that fuel the fire.....you and i are of no effect , we have no power in the end, only the illusion of a voice, and a vote. If the media/ govt continues to demonize vaping we don't have a chance in hell , once again, I hope I'm wrong

Vaping is a huge, non tapped potential source of tax revenue. It isn't going anywhere...

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Vaping is a huge, non tapped potential source of tax revenue. It isn't going anywhere...
You might be surprised. If big tobacco gets its way, what we have now will vanish. This is a very real possibility, big tobacco want the profits, government's want to tax. Easier to tax 3-4 big multinationals and get kickbacks than it is regulating and taxing thousands of smaller entities.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You might be surprised. If big tobacco gets its way, what we have now will vanish. This is a very real possibility, big tobacco want the profits, government's want to tax. Easier to tax 3-4 big multinationals and get kickbacks than it is regulating and taxing thousands of smaller entities.

Big Tobacco have been the ones lobbying against the e-cig regulations in California- more than anyone in terms of dollars spent and effectiveness...
These so called kickbacks are a thing of the past...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Big Tobacco have been the ones lobbying against the e-cig regulations in California- more than anyone in terms of dollars spent and effectiveness...
These so called kickbacks are a thing of the past...
Except Rj renolds and lorilard own 2 of the major cigalike brands.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Which is why they have been fighting regulation and taxes on the local and state levels more than anyone...
The funnier aspect on all this.
It is a fucked circle of fuckery between the states taking money and not paying money back that mis spent

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The funnier aspect on all this.
It is a fucked circle of fuckery between the states taking money and not paying money back that mis spent

That's how government operates. The tax increase in Ohio on cigarettes goes to arts programs...

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's how government operates. The tax increase in Ohio on cigarettes goes to arts programs...
to pay back the settlement they took money from and bonded it to death. Raise taxes to pay back the bonds that are defaulting to get more bonds on money that will never be there since the tazes have gone up 3-500%

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, they are fighting for Vaping , their brand of vaping........Zam has it right

No, actually, they defeated all that pending anti e-cigarette legislation in California. Of course they want their systems to prevail, but they would rather have no regulation. You don't really think they will stick with cigalikes, do you? They will have mods out in a year. It is a shift in the business. E-cigs may well prove to be more profitable...

backdoc

Member For 4 Years
You're not getting it Steve, yes they will improve delivery systems but with closed containment,disposable, at best a small refillable tank that's FDA approved and Juice that is sanctioned as well.As was specified many times here...........vaping(as we know it) could be a thing of the past

Reactions: DC2

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You're not getting it Steve, yes they will improve delivery systems but with closed containment,disposable, at best a small refillable tank that's FDA approved and Juice that is sanctioned as well.As was specified many times here...........vaping(as we know it) could be a thing of the past

I don't believe BT controls the government nor the FDA, nor the fear mongering spread by Big Vapor...
Vaping is a big business. People who are continually scared keep overbuying...

Yeah for sure. I mean the industry is so new so obviously so many companies have sprung up. But what will sift the good ones from the bad ones will be the test of technology, quality and customer service. A win for us as consumers too!

The curious thing about Big tobacco companies and the vaping industry is simply, why haven't the Big Tobacco companies jumped on the vaping bandwagon? I mean, how come we don't see Camel's line of e-liquid or Marlboro's vape starter kit? The absolutely genius thing to do is to have both ends of the market: the smoking and vaping. So if one market dwindles, they will simply expand on the other. Sounds like a money maker and a tax generator for both Tobacco companies and government.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The curious thing about Big tobacco companies and the vaping industry is simply, why haven't the Big Tobacco companies jumped on the vaping bandwagon? I mean, how come we don't see Camel's line of e-liquid or Marlboro's vape starter kit? The absolutely genius thing to do is to have both ends of the market: the smoking and vaping. So if one market dwindles, they will simply expand on the other. Sounds like a money maker and a tax generator for both Tobacco companies and government.
camel is RJR... they make own Blue, lorilard does vuse.
They cannot poison the juice enough with bullshit to kill off their customers, so no hook n fuck over for them.

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Pretty sure they are not allowed to make and market e-liquids under their brands. I'm sure Marlboro Red, Cool or Camel e-liquids would sell like crazy...

spongeylilvaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
84197e091a6a6ab435af89f5cb107391.jpg

My first proper alien and he's an idiot.

spongeylilvaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
98143dee4ac388eb5be5c8ab2438c93a.jpg
5271b31e128a4d564228700787149191.jpg

Vaping Tmaxx Vanilla Creme Doughnut right now..delicious..
With 3 Vapers in the House this is really not a Lot of juice :).

My first proper alien and he's an idiot.

VU Sponsors