Become a Patron!

It begins... FDA warns retailers, manufacturers to remove unapproved products from the market

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
Too bad there is never any evidence or facts that back up claims. This means it is just hearsay and basically just fake news.
The spread of FALSE INFORMATION is worse that the epidemic. Democrats at their best~!

so much for your "...I know that here it is starting to get to us a little bit but I am trying my damnedest to keep the mood civil and cheery"

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
WTF is wrong with your governor? There are only 20 cases in your whole state, and no deaths! So he wants to go ahead and cause economic mayhem for the whole state, because of 20 cases! Good god, what a MORON!!!!!

WTF is wrong with your governor?

Not a damn clue.

There are only 20 cases in your whole state, and no deaths!

Which is up, in an obviously drastic seeming proportion, from the 8 confirmed active cases I knew about Monday morning from the source here, and what our local media both mainstream and social were reporting.

So he wants to go ahead and cause economic mayhem for the whole state, because of 20 cases!

Don't think it is of any difference really. WV had some of the nation's highest unemployment. Cost of living here is very ridiculously low as well. We joke about it but the ultimate truth about most of us here "stock market is tanking" and we shrug because it has no relevance to us. We're too poor to be effected by anything the "market" does or doesn't do.

Been that way quite a while now. We keep getting platitudes about darkest before the dawn and all kinds of other "feel goodies" but noting changes, not even the stale and dead air. Well, I misspeak a tad. We do got some of the mining sector now trying to convert us over to various "green" energy sources, hydro, wind, solar. Then again the "good ole boys" club is keeping that on a tight leash, too. They rather keep mining, although people are starting to wonder what they're mining.

Good god, what a MORON!!!!!

Well yeah, he probably is indeed. Then again look at POTUS. I'm not excusing either one merely saying I'm having difficulty giving a shit either way. I know I didn't vote for either one. To my way of thinking all those that voted got what they chose, or so they seem keen to tell you, as they think it makes a difference.

"If voting made any difference, it would be illegal." -- Phillip Berrigan, Emma Goldman (Often incorrectly attributed to Mark Twain. Mark Twain did vote. Berrigan being a peace activist was likely aware that the word ballot was used as a substitute for bullet and chose to not comply with anything seemingly related to violence. Goldman iirc was an Anarchist and I doubt she voted in elections.)

Don't look for politics to get any better in the quality of candidates either. Those with even half a whit of intellect want nothing at all to do with it. Those fully aware and with a good robust intellect damn sure want nothing to do with it. So, politics will continue to let the best of stupid rise like cream on top.

Last edited:

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
so much for your "...I know that here it is starting to get to us a little bit but I am trying my damnedest to keep the mood civil and cheery"

*chuckles* It's fine. She's not going to "rattle" me a bit calling the governor of WV a moron. Civil and cheery, huh? *chuckles* Almost as bad as my mom running off and leaving me places. Of course she always claimed she just honestly forgot I was with her. I knew better. :)

I scare my mom for being so much like her, so much like her dad too. That's why she kept trying to get rid of me.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

I don't understand why you quoted me unless you are spreading false info without facts to back up what you say?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not a damn clue.

Which is up, in an obviously drastic seeming proportion, from the 8 confirmed active cases I knew about Monday morning from the source here, and what our local media both mainstream and social were reporting.

Don't think it is of any difference really. WV had some of the nation's highest unemployment. Cost of living here is very ridiculously low as well. We joke about it but the ultimate truth about most of us here "stock market is tanking" and we shrug because it has no relevance to us. We're too poor to be effected by anything the "market" does or doesn't do.

Been that way quite a while now. We keep getting platitudes about darkest before the dawn and all kinds of other "feel goodies" but noting changes, not even the stale and dead air. Well, I misspeak a tad. We do got some of the mining sector now trying to convert us over to various "green" energy sources, hydro, wind, solar. Then again the "good ole boys" club is keeping that on a tight leash, too. They rather keep mining, although people are starting to wonder what they're mining.

Well yeah, he probably is indeed. Then again look at POTUS. I'm not excusing either one merely saying I'm having difficulty giving a shit either way. I know I didn't vote for either one. To my way of thinking all those that voted got what they chose, or so they seem keen to tell you, as they think it makes a difference.

Don't look for politics to get any better in the quality of candidates either. Those with even half a whit of intellect want nothing at all to do with it. Those fully aware and with a good robust intellect damn sure want nothing to do with it. So, politics will continue to let the best of stupid rise like cream on top.

It's got nothing to do with politics -- though I agree with you about the orange clown. It's just good sense -- closing every business in a state cannot possibly be a good thing, especially since there are so few cases in that state. But you might be right. If everyone there is already broke, unemployed, underemployed, it probably won't make a lot of difference. But then... how do you buy groceries? People still need to eat! People still need prescription meds... how do they get those, if every business is closed?

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
But then... how do you buy groceries? People still need to eat! People still need prescription meds... how do they get those, if every business is closed?

In the lockdown areas essential services is continued. Groceries, gas, pharmacies, doctors and hospitals, farm supply stores, etc even convenience stores.
https://www.wtrf.com/news/health/co...n-west-virginia-list-of-essential-businesses/

There you go. And from what I understand there is going to be very strict monitoring and oversight to avoid price gouging. People around here have an expression too. The kids go to school to learn 'readin' ritin' and route 21' to get out of WV to find work, usually OH. VA, KY,PA because that's about as far as a tank of gas takes 'em. Of course, in most parts of these states too it is still Appalachia and I know Appalachia reaches on down into GA as well.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
There you go. And from what I understand there is going to be very strict monitoring and oversight to avoid price gouging. People around here have an expression too. The kids go to school to learn 'readin' ritin' and route 21' to get out of WV to find work, usually OH. VA, KY,PA because that's about as far as a tank of gas takes 'em. Of course, in most parts of these states too it is still Appalachia and I know Appalachia reaches on down into GA as well.

Oh yes, my grandfather was born and raised in White County, wayyyyyy up in the GA mtns; my grandmother from Gainesville, which now doesn't seem so far off, but back then? (early 20th cent) That was nearly as much "boonies" as Cleveland, GA, in White County!

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
It's got nothing to do with politics -- though I agree with you about the orange clown. It's just good sense -- closing every business in a state cannot possibly be a good thing, especially since there are so few cases in that state. But you might be right. If everyone there is already broke, unemployed, underemployed, it probably won't make a lot of difference. But then... how do you buy groceries? People still need to eat! People still need prescription meds... how do they get those, if every business is closed?

Andria

I just saw something about how now he doesn’t want to close everything. Clarity is needed right now, yo.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Oh yes, my grandfather was born and raised in White County, wayyyyyy up in the GA mtns; my grandmother from Gainesville, which now doesn't seem so far off, but back then? (early 20th cent) That was nearly as much "boonies" as Cleveland, GA, in White County!

Andria

Well we currently reside in about the sticks. The boonies aren't too far away though. I could hike maybe half mile to two miles and be there. Kid you not I can walk around our "backyard" and stumble over shiners, and know maybe two illicit hemp plantations near. I can sit or stand and watch runners going in and out by our house nearly all day. I can also watch the F.B.I agents do the same, sometimes there's no difference, not even the D.E.A fiends bear any difference at times.

See? You know Appalachia. :) And I knew you knew it. And know you understand when I say that it's not that I don't want to work. I do want to and can to some good degree. Then, too I know that limits are starting to set into this body I've pushed too hard. And the mind? *chuckles* Oh I'm already around the bend so far I can't touch it with a stick. *grin* Yep, crazier than a fox. But all the same still perfectly sane, probably too sane. These things don't seem to fit what "work" now seems to want.

Can apply all over the world. Until I'm called though, there's no me working. I cannot force anyone to call and I'll be damned if I'll beg them, pay them so I can work. That's not how I was brought up that work, well, worked. And I'm not changing, I've already changed too much to get so far, I'm going to be the core me no matter. If that's not liked, oh well. Their loss, not mine.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I just saw something about how now he doesn’t want to close everything. Clarity is needed right now, yo.

And my wife was on the phone to a friend. Apparently Justice wants tomorrow as a Statewide day of prayer with a big ceremony and all. *smh* Two words, ... fuck all.

Now excuse me, need to fix wife a sammy and we're watching Kingsman: The Golden Circle, finally.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
And my wife was on the phone to a friend. Apparently Justice wants tomorrow as a Statewide day of prayer with a big ceremony and all. *smh* Two words, ... fuck all.

Now excuse me, need to fix wife a sammy and we're watching Kingsman: The Golden Circle, finally.
if politicians want to get votes they need to show concern for their people thru actions not presentations.
And promote people not being selfish and working together to help each other and to not spread the virus by practicing keeping their distance from each other, etc.

some 20 something idiots just had a Corona Virus party over here. Yep it is like the antivaxers disease sharing patties. One had the coronavirus.
From what our governor said if he learns of it happening again there will be legal action take place.

and yes he is setting up virus isolation detention facilities for those who have the virus and refuse to self isolate.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Oh my! :giggle: I’ll shut up while I’m ahead. :snorty laugh:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Clarity seems to be the quality in shortest supply, and I'm dead-certain that all this freakin uncertainty is what's causing all the panic. Blame the orange clown again. When the "leader of the free world" doesn't know his orange asshole from his orange elbow, well, you get chaos. And that's exactly what we're dealing with right now.

The gov of GA hasn't made any across-the-board declarations, except that anyone who's diagnosed with COVID19 and told to self-quarantine had better fuckin comply or face SEVERE penalties. Considering that one of his campaign commercials was of him cleaning his shotgun while talking to a young man ostensibly there to date his daughter... would anyone really want to test him? I seriously doubt it! His name is Brian Kemp... but from the commercials, anyone could be expected to think his name is "Bron Keeimp."

Anyway, Mr Shotgun With Grits In His Mouth has left it to individual counties, what/when/if to close stuff. Here in Gwinnett County, bars and restaurants closed as of noon today. Restaurants with drivethrus can still serve at the drivethru, but there can only be a max of 9 persons in the place at any time. Subway can be open, with no more than 9 people indoors at a time, so if there's a line, one must wait outdoors for someone to exit. No eating inside, since they want to keep things moving.

My aunt called me today, the one who's now 87, really confused about all this, and also really in a jam because her bank acct got hacked a while back and she hasn't received a new debit/ATM card, and has only $13, and was in need of a few groceries, so my husband got them and took them to her, along with a sheet I printed out for her, with a hotline number to the GA dept of pub health, instructions on what are the symptoms, and who to call if she experiences any of them, and STRICT instructions to call us, NOT go out anywhere, if she needs ANYTHING AT ALL. Because at 87, pneumonia could very easily kill her... and we're all very attached to her.

This is my beloved aunt, so any of you who go in for that sort of thing, please pray for her.

betty.jpg

(yes this is an old pic -- about 30 yrs, so she was roughly the age then that i am now!)

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Clarity seems to be the quality in shortest supply, and I'm dead-certain that all this freakin uncertainty is what's causing all the panic. Blame the orange clown again. When the "leader of the free world" doesn't know his orange asshole from his orange elbow, well, you get chaos. And that's exactly what we're dealing with right now.

The gov of GA hasn't made any across-the-board declarations, except that anyone who's diagnosed with COVID19 and told to self-quarantine had better fuckin comply or face SEVERE penalties. Considering that one of his campaign commercials was of him cleaning his shotgun while talking to a young man ostensibly there to date his daughter... would anyone really want to test him? I seriously doubt it! His name is Brian Kemp... but from the commercials, anyone could be expected to think his name is "Bron Keeimp."

Anyway, Mr Shotgun With Grits In His Mouth has left it to individual counties, what/when/if to close stuff. Here in Gwinnett County, bars and restaurants closed as of noon today. Restaurants with drivethrus can still serve at the drivethru, but there can only be a max of 9 persons in the place at any time. Subway can be open, with no more than 9 people indoors at a time, so if there's a line, one must wait outdoors for someone to exit. No eating inside, since they want to keep things moving.

My aunt called me today, the one who's now 87, really confused about all this, and also really in a jam because her bank acct got hacked a while back and she hasn't received a new debit/ATM card, and has only $13, and was in need of a few groceries, so my husband got them and took them to her, along with a sheet I printed out for her, with a hotline number to the GA dept of pub health, instructions on what are the symptoms, and who to call if she experiences any of them, and STRICT instructions to call us, NOT go out anywhere, if she needs ANYTHING AT ALL. Because at 87, pneumonia could very easily kill her... and we're all very attached to her.

This is my beloved aunt, so any of you who go in for that sort of thing, please pray for her.

View attachment 157459

(yes this is an old pic -- about 30 yrs, so she was roughly the age then that i am now!)

Andria

I’ll pray for your aunt, she looks like a really nice lady. <3 I hope she’s going to be okay during all of this! God and Goddess protect her!

Your governor threatening the infected who won’t quarantine is just plain sense. But there are always dickheads who don’t want to comply.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I’ll pray for your aunt, she looks like a really nice lady. <3 I hope she’s going to be okay during all of this! God and Goddess protect her!

Your governor threatening the infected who won’t quarantine is just plain sense. But there are always dickheads who don’t want to comply.

She's truly the best person I know. I was VERY attached to my grandfather, her dad, but we lost him when I was just 24. Of all his kids, my aunt Betty is BY FAR the most like him -- calm, a bit quiet but fun, kind and loving, intelligent, and with a wicked sense of humor. She's the nearest in age of all my mom's sisters (all of them older, my mom was the "baby"), and she never married, so she was around quite a lot when I was a kid, and I sometimes spent the weekend with her, to take advantage of the swimming pool at her apartment -- you can see from the pic what a sun worshipper she was! (she stopped when she developed a couple of skin cancers, so now her "tan" is makeup!) And she is the last living child of my grandparents... I'm not at all ready to lose her!

Do you remember the old TV show "Alice"? The character played by Polly Holliday, who frequently came out with "kiss my grits" -- my aunt sounds JUST like her! :teehee:

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
if politicians want to get votes they need to show concern for their people thru actions not presentations.
And promote people not being selfish and working together to help each other and to not spread the virus by practicing keeping their distance from each other, etc.

I agree but I'm not so worried about them getting votes as much as avoiding pitchforks and torches. We need leadership. *listens as the crickets chirp then gradually go silent* Much as many may have some valid reasons to dislike him, another Jimmy Carter type would fit nice.

To promote conserving fuel and conservation in general he ran a PSA. He wore a sweater and turned his thermostat down a few degrees. The message was clear even without him saying a word. "Look, POTUS is doing this. He's a smart man. Well, we better fall in line." And people did, too. He ordered that no American service member, special staff fire a weapon for his term. No one fired a weapon. All "conflict" got tabled for diplomacy, statesmanship, back channel C.I.A operations without weapons fired.

I am not going to say Jimmy Carter is/was/will be a saint by any means. He like all human beings has his faults. Unlike many of us though he has worked toward more divine seeming aspirations despite his faults. In my humble opinion he is a good person over all. Granted I do not know him personally, or to the fullest depths a person can know another person. What I do know of him though does paint a picture that someone like him would do a lot better job than Trump, Pence, Pelosi of handling our current situation/s.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

View attachment 157459

Andria
Here in Belgium we are all in lockdown (despite we aren't supposed to call it that) since Wednesday noon last week. Here's what I know. COVID-19 doesn't spread via the air, but the social distancing is vital still nevertheless because if a contaminated person sneezes or coughs, drops of contaminated liquid fly through the surrounding air in a ~5 ft. radius. (Wind gusts may also play a part, as some of these drops may be quite small so they can fly over a farther distance if the wind carries them.) Going regularly outside to get fresh air is recommended, but again, always remembering the social distancing part is still vital. Wearing a facemask is pointless if you are just a civilian going outside for a walk. In fact putting the facemask on and off is what may increase the risk of contagion, as the main source of contagion appears to be people's hands. So wash hands much more frequently than normal, use disinfecting alcohol gel for that, but also remember to do it additionally after you have touched an object or surface that may have been contagious. This is because we touch our face a lot more frequently than we are aware of so try to think of easy ways to remind yourself and still be practical about it, i.e. without getting yourself too hyped up in the act of trying to remember what you were doing, as this whole situation is stressful enough as it is.

As for visiting other people, this is a very difficult one. Older people are facing a much bigger risk, but so are other groups, like, people who are diabetic (myself included) or who have cardiovascular disease, and, because you have asthma, I don't think you should be underestimating your own risk level either TBH. And of course the medical personnel is another key important group to want to protect. In this regard, the philosophy of our experts here in Belgium is to build certain 'firewalls' between different groups and subgroups by keeping them separated everywhere possible allowing exceptions only where the cons of keeping everyone separate outweigh the pros. Different criteria require a different set of priorities. The most vulnerable groups need to be extra protected. But it's easier said than done, when the old are stubborn and the young are still organising Corona parties. If they keep forgetting, to be ale to fix this pandemic you need to put a fucking GPS unit around their neck that automatically detects and paralizes them each time. There's a certain cruelty to keeping children and their grandparents away from each other. It's against our human nature to do so. But we simply have no other choice right now. This isn't going to be over in just a couple of weeks, that's for sure. I wish everyone the best of luck. Together, we shall overcome this.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Here in Belgium we are all in lockdown (despite we aren't supposed to call it that) since Wednesday noon last week. Here's what I know. COVID-19 doesn't spread via the air, but the social distancing is vital still nevertheless because if a contaminated person sneezes or coughs, drops of contaminated liquid fly through the surrounding air in a ~5 ft. radius. (Wind gusts may also play a part, as some of these drops may be quite small so they can fly over a farther distance if the wind carries them.) Going regularly outside to get fresh air is recommended, but again, always remembering the social distancing part is still vital. Wearing a facemask is pointless if you are just a civilian going outside for a walk. In fact putting the facemask on and off is what may increase the risk of contagion, as the main source of contagion appears to be people's hands. So wash hands much more frequently than normal, use disinfecting alcohol gel for that, but also remember to do it additionally after you have touched an object or surface that may have been contagious. This is because we touch our face a lot more frequently than we are aware of so try to think of easy ways to remind yourself and still be practical about it, i.e. without getting yourself too hyped up in the act of trying to remember what you were doing, as this whole situation is stressful enough as it is.

As for visiting other people, this is a very difficult one. Older people are facing a much bigger risk, but so are other groups, like, people who are diabetic (myself included) or who have cardiovascular disease, and, because you have asthma, I don't think you should be underestimating your own risk level either TBH. And of course the medical personnel is another key important group to want to protect. In this regard, the philosophy of our experts here in Belgium is to build certain 'firewalls' between different groups and subgroups by keeping them separated everywhere possible allowing exceptions only where the cons of keeping everyone separate outweigh the pros. Different criteria require a different set of priorities. The most vulnerable groups need to be extra protected. But it's easier said than done, when the old are stubborn and the young are still organising Corona parties. If they keep forgetting, to be ale to fix this pandemic you need to put a fucking GPS unit around their neck that automatically detects and paralizes them each time. There's a certain cruelty to keeping children and their grandparents away from each other. It's against our human nature to do so. But we simply have no other choice right now. This isn't going to be over in just a couple of weeks, that's for sure. I wish everyone the best of luck. Together, we shall overcome this.

I agree with you! And yes, both myself and my aunt are at much greater risk, her because of her age (and she's "borderline" diabetic), me because of my asthma. My husband might be at slightly higher risk because of his age (67), but he does have a remarkable immune system -- after just 9 months of treatment, the VA pronounced him cured of HepC! And he is still free of it over a year later, so I reckon they're right and he's been cured of it. And he has to go to work; as mentioned, cardboard boxes are even more necessary now than usual, and he is the best forklift operator and all-round warehouseman they've got -- unlike the others, he doesn't stand around with his thumb up his butt waiting to be told what to do. Our son isn't working, since first his poker club cancelled all games for the time being, and then a couple days ago, bars and restaurants were closed for at least 2 wks, and then they'll re-evaluate to see if it needs to stay that way for a while longer. His school, Gwinnett Tech, has cancelled all classes until some indefinite time.

As for alcohol gel.. HAH! Good luck finding any of that. So my son got two huge bottles of isopropyl to use before entering the house anytime he's been out. We're all doing the handwashing thing too, but I told him that he needs to sanitize his hands before entering, so he's not touching ANYTHING with germy hands on the way to the sink.

I told my husband that next week when he gets paid, rather than our usual arrangement of his cashing his check at the bank it's drawn on, then me taking the cash to our bank, he should go to both banks so I don't have to handle the money -- always very dirty and germy. And when we have to do our grocery shopping, that I would point to what I wanted, for him to actually pick it up. Other than those necessary trips to the store, I'm just staying home as I generally do anyway.

Here in GA, with approx. 10.5 million residents, there currently are 1525 known cases of the virus, and there have been 48 deaths. Gwinnett county (where we live), with a population right around a million, has 45 known cases, and zero deaths. I'm keeping my eyes on the stats, and as it keeps increasing, especially if the increase becomes dramatically faster, I may need to work up some more-insulating plan of action for our family.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I told my husband that next week when he gets paid, rather than our usual arrangement of his cashing his check at the bank it's drawn on, then me taking the cash to our bank, he should go to both banks so I don't have to handle the money -- always very dirty and germy.

Not sure how much truth is in it, but at one time it was said bills were doused with that addictive white powder.

Gwinnett county (where we live), with a population right around a million, has 45 known cases, and zero deaths.

Ah, I see where you are. Got Duluth as a city, Five Forks, Mechanicsville as an unincorporated areas. You're up mid North West of center of the state.

I'm not exactly sure which county the below is located in. But here's what I attended once.

Cherokee-of-Georgia-Annual-Spring-Pow-Wow-2020-1-742x500.webp

Ah, looking it up it's in Charlton county. That's way South of y'all, looks to border FL.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how much truth is in it, but at one time it was said bills were doused with that addictive white powder.

Ah, I see where you are. Got Duluth as a city, Five Forks, Mechanicsville as an unincorporated areas. You're up mid North West of center of the state.

I'm not exactly sure which county the below is located in. But here's what I attended once.

Cherokee-of-Georgia-Annual-Spring-Pow-Wow-2020-1-742x500.webp

Ah, looking it up it's in Charlton county. That's way South of y'all, looks to border FL.

That's true about bills having coke on them, especially the hundreds that make up the biggest part of the deposit. But, I was once (a VERY LONG time ago) a bank teller, and one's fingertips get COMPLETELY BLACK after handling money all day -- and it's not from the ink, that doesn't rub off -- it's just plain ol DIRT! Mostly skin oils, but those attract and hold dirt.

Duluth and Five Forks Trickum are both VERY close to us; Duluth is the location of my FAVORITE store, Microcenter (where I've bought my last 4 or 5 PCs!); Five Forks Trickum is a road just a mile or two from here.

myneighborhood.jpg

The red line in the lower right is Five Forks Trickum Road; the red circle at the upper left is Microcenter... and you may note that quite close to my "home" circle is The Vaping Shack... that was where I got such excellent support when I started vaping, and so did my son. :)

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Duluth and Five Forks Trickum are both VERY close to us; Duluth is the location of my FAVORITE store, Microcenter (where I've bought my last 4 or 5 PCs!); Five Forks Trickum is a road just a mile or two from here.

I honestly randomly chose those. The intention was not to reveal your location. I was only making conversational reference. Though with me, hard to tell how I'd "guess" so well.

Kind of funny in a way. Reckon I had met my wife in a precognitive dream. Knew her dad and knew she was a redhead despite not ever seeing her when we first met over the web. In my dream I met them when we went into PA for a vacation one year.

Sometimes I suffer time slips. I vanish and cannot account for time. I might go places, do stuff. I don't remember it. I can get vague bits to dredge up, but gradually. Well, one day I was talking with her dad and said something reminded me of Macon, GA. He had been stationed near there for a bit. I had no way to have known that, or what the base was "about", but he confirmed my "memory".

I have a strong feeling me and him have "worked" a good bit together. Not sure of all the details. And I'm also not sure how much is fact or just some partly imagined familiarity. There's a lot of "hand in glove" with me and him at times, too much for me to discredit it as fantasy, fiction. Wish I comprehend half as much as I don't. Then, again probably better I don't. :) ;)

Then, I also consider I grew up being tutored by two Army infantrymen and one former Ranger. Her dad is/was Army, easy enough of a fit for us.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I honestly randomly chose those. The intention was not to reveal your location. I was only making conversational reference. Though with me, hard to tell how I'd "guess" so well.

Kind of funny in a way. Reckon I had met my wife in a precognitive dream. Knew her dad and knew she was a redhead despite not ever seeing her when we first met over the web. In my dream I met them when we went into PA for a vacation one year.

Sometimes I suffer time slips. I vanish and cannot account for time. I might go places, do stuff. I don't remember it. I can get vague bits to dredge up, but gradually. Well, one day I was talking with her dad and said something reminded me of Macon, GA. He had been stationed near there for a bit. I had no way to have known that, or what the base was "about", but he confirmed my "memory".

I have a strong feeling me and him have "worked" a good bit together. Not sure of all the details. And I'm also not sure how much is fact or just some partly imagined familiarity. There's a lot of "hand in glove" with me and him at times, too much for me to discredit it as fantasy, fiction. Wish I comprehend half as much as I don't. Then, again probably better I don't. :) ;)

Then, I also consider I grew up being tutored by two Army infantrymen and one former Ranger. Her dad is/was Army, easy enough of a fit for us.

Well, you didn't really reveal my location, as such; lots here know I live in Lawrenceville, GA, and that map fragment just shows my wide-area neighborhood; my son suggested that I enlarge that "home" circle, so it shows the vicinity of my home, but not the actual location. :)

I'm fairly certain that I knew the man who's been my husband for the last nearly-33 yrs in a past life. When we met, we became FAST friends almost right away, just so much commonality between us; we met in AA, and not only are both of us alkies, but both were, at one time, users of "needle drugs," though he preferred downs and opiates, while I was all about the uppers, speed and coke. Thankfully we both survived our addictions, and lived to meet and marry and procreate... and strangely, wonderfully, our son hasn't shown the least interest in substance abuse; he used to have a beer occasionally, but told me that he was actually afraid of alcohol, because he knew how destructive it had been in his parents' lives. Now he doesn't drink at all, just doesn't want to. With the job he has currently, running poker tournaments in bars, he gets to see a LOT of folks who take it too far, and said he doesn't want any part of that shit; he even assisted a good friend of his from those games into recognizing his own problem with alcohol, and getting into rehab. Now that friend is living in a "clean and sober" house, and my son says he seems MUCH happier, though still a little shaky.

Also... I've had a lot of dreams that communicate weird things to me, mostly dreams of my close family members who've passed away, letting me know that it's ok to grieve for their loss, but that they aren't really DEAD... just elsewhere... but that a small part of them lives on, in me and in everyone else who loved them. Sometimes that's hard to live with, I miss my grandparents, especially my grandfather, terribly... but he was 85, and my grandmother 95, when they passed, so, realistically... it was their time to move on. Still have a lot of regrets about my mom, still grieve for her, but it was her time, too, given how she treated herself with her diabetes. She knew her diet would ultimately kill her, but she couldn't conceive of living any other way.

Andria

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Well, you didn't really reveal my location, as such; lots here know I live in Lawrenceville, GA, and that map fragment just shows my wide-area neighborhood; my son suggested that I enlarge that "home" circle, so it shows the vicinity of my home, but not the actual location. :)

That's good to know and good advice on your boy's part. :) Not one to worry too much if people know where I am. Seems better they do so as to let me know. *chuckles*

I've had a lot of dreams that communicate weird things to me, ...

Have spoke with those gone on in dreams, also had precognition in dreams. Another thing I do is travel some on the astral realm. I keep safe. Even us Agnostics know basic safety and respecting what is "out there". Humbly, I think anything people call may might think of as a deity is their collective idea and thought. May not be correct but from my experience/s this seems what deity manifests as being. Still will not tell anyone what to believe, or not believe. No, what arrogance it would be of me or anyone, to even think of trying to take away someone's freedom of choice in belief.

Good to hear your "old man" got a buddy back on the "track". Have seen my share of misery booze causes as well, drugs too. Always a positive to help someone avoid the negativity, unless of course they're still needing to learn. Still if someone can ask for help that usually symbolizes they've learned.

"Well sh*t, another day of nothing to do and nothing done." Our small room here does not require much upkeep and anything beyond it, I don't get too involved in house wise. We barely use and dishware here but what it isn't our own and we wash that up after use. They put the trash out on a burn pile, what hasn't been burnt but once since we been here from Nov of last year. I'd burn it but my wife says it's better they handle that for a few reasons. She's a lot more s-m-a-r-t than me in such matters. :) So I let it be "not my monkey".

Y'all run 'er slow. Think I'm afixin to, ...

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree with you! And yes, both myself and my aunt are at much greater risk, her because of her age (and she's "borderline" diabetic), me because of my asthma. My husband might be at slightly higher risk because of his age (67), but he does have a remarkable immune system -- after just 9 months of treatment, the VA pronounced him cured of HepC! And he is still free of it over a year later, so I reckon they're right and he's been cured of it. And he has to go to work; as mentioned, cardboard boxes are even more necessary now than usual, and he is the best forklift operator and all-round warehouseman they've got -- unlike the others, he doesn't stand around with his thumb up his butt waiting to be told what to do. Our son isn't working, since first his poker club cancelled all games for the time being, and then a couple days ago, bars and restaurants were closed for at least 2 wks, and then they'll re-evaluate to see if it needs to stay that way for a while longer. His school, Gwinnett Tech, has cancelled all classes until some indefinite time.

As for alcohol gel.. HAH! Good luck finding any of that. So my son got two huge bottles of isopropyl to use before entering the house anytime he's been out. We're all doing the handwashing thing too, but I told him that he needs to sanitize his hands before entering, so he's not touching ANYTHING with germy hands on the way to the sink.

I told my husband that next week when he gets paid, rather than our usual arrangement of his cashing his check at the bank it's drawn on, then me taking the cash to our bank, he should go to both banks so I don't have to handle the money -- always very dirty and germy. And when we have to do our grocery shopping, that I would point to what I wanted, for him to actually pick it up. Other than those necessary trips to the store, I'm just staying home as I generally do anyway.

Here in GA, with approx. 10.5 million residents, there currently are 1525 known cases of the virus, and there have been 48 deaths. Gwinnett county (where we live), with a population right around a million, has 45 known cases, and zero deaths. I'm keeping my eyes on the stats, and as it keeps increasing, especially if the increase becomes dramatically faster, I may need to work up some more-insulating plan of action for our family.

Andria
The experts over here are all saying if you're over the age of 65, that means you're right smack in the middle of the "high risk" group, and this isn't just theory anymore, it is what they are witnessing in hospitals all over Europe right now. Even if you are in the 45-65 bracket and you have no underlying illness of any kind, you are still facing a significantly higher risk, not slightly higher risk, as the slightly higher risk is in the 30-45 bracket. Even though serious lung damage and heart damage resulting from this virus is rare in young people who have no underlying illnesses, there are now several confirmed cases of exactly that, and, here in Belgium we have one person dead at the age of 30 with no underlying illnesses. So don't underestimate the severity. New York is going through all hell as a direct result from the visible fact they underestimated it the same way Italy also underestimated it. The sooner you and everyone else learns from those mistakes, the more lives will be spared, and the more the economy will also be spared. What Trump has been doing is driving people right off the cliff by the thousands. You simply can't look past that fact.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The experts over here are all saying if you're over the age of 65, that means you're right smack in the middle of the "high risk" group, and this isn't just theory anymore, it is what they are witnessing in hospitals all over Europe right now. Even if you are in the 45-65 bracket and you have no underlying illness of any kind, you are still facing a significantly higher risk, not slightly higher risk, as the slightly higher risk is in the 30-45 bracket. Even though serious lung damage and heart damage resulting from this virus is rare in young people who have no underlying illnesses, there are now several confirmed cases of exactly that, and, here in Belgium we have one person dead at the age of 30 with no underlying illnesses. So don't underestimate the severity. New York is going through all hell as a direct result from the visible fact they underestimated it the same way Italy also underestimated it. The sooner you and everyone else learns from those mistakes, the more lives will be spared, and the more the economy will also be spared. What Trump has been doing is driving people right off the cliff by the thousands. You simply can't look past that fact.

I agree. But my husband has to go to work. Mortgage has to be paid, vehicle loans must be paid, insurance must be paid, food must be bought. None of that stuff is free or falling from the clouds just because there's a pandemic. I haven't been going out at all, except to buy groceries, and today when we went, I wore gloves, and removed them as I left the store and tossed 'em in the trash -- inside-out. Tried to stay as far from others as possible. We both washed up well when we got home.

But life must go on. If we die, then we die, but we're not going to just lay down and wait for death from starvation, or wait for the bank to foreclose on our home.

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I agree. But my husband has to go to work. Mortgage has to be paid, vehicle loans must be paid, insurance must be paid, food must be bought. None of that stuff is free or falling from the clouds just because there's a pandemic. I haven't been going out at all, except to buy groceries, and today when we went, I wore gloves, and removed them as I left the store and tossed 'em in the trash -- inside-out. Tried to stay as far from others as possible. We both washed up well when we got home.

But life must go on. If we die, then we die, but we're not going to just lay down and wait for death from starvation, or wait for the bank to foreclose on our home.

Andria
Of course, but that was not my point. Thing is, as long as the officials keep refusing to accept that this attitude is driving people off the cliff by the thousands, it's going to get so much worse at such an exponential rate that it will very soon be tens of thousands. Next, it will be technically materially impossile to slow it down even just a little bit. The hospitals will be overrun like it's a third world country. What happens in New York, doesn't stay in New York, just like what happend in Italy hasn't stayed in Italy. Entering a state of war and talking about hundreds of thousands or probably even millions of people so the whole system collapses, including the economy also. So, just because "that stuff" isn't free or falling from the clouds, doesn't also mean putting the whole country through all hell is what the officials should be doing. Yet, that is EXACTLY what the officials have been doing in Italy, Spain, and the US. Socio-economically, this is going to get 4-5 times worse than the banking crisis from 2008. Easily. All simply because of underestimating COVID-19. No exaggeration.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course, but that was not my point. Thing is, as long as the officials keep refusing to accept that this attitude is driving people off the cliff by the thousands, it's going to get so much worse at such an exponential rate that it will very soon be tens of thousands. Next, it will be technically materially impossile to slow it down even just a little bit. The hospitals will be overrun like it's a third world country. What happens in New York, doesn't stay in New York, just like what happend in Italy hasn't stayed in Italy. Entering a state of war and talking about hundreds of thousands or probably even millions of people so the whole system collapses, including the economy also. So, just because "that stuff" isn't free or falling from the clouds, doesn't also mean putting the whole country through all hell is what the officials should be doing. Yet, that is EXACTLY what the officials have been doing in Italy, Spain, and the US. Socio-economically, this is going to get 4-5 times worse than the banking crisis from 2008. Easily. All simply because of underestimating COVID-19. No exaggeration.

yep we are just seeing the beginning of the rise in the USA, but due to the size of the USA some areas may start to decline on the infection rate as many more hot spots pop up. FL is going to be horrible with no effective containment in place yet and it being a major retirement area.
My state and SOME others have shut down non essential businesses to in store traffic and banned gatherings including church services.
Our rate is growing much more slowly that other states who have not done this.
And we still have plenty of stupid people here who are no abiding by the State order to no congregate. I figure in another week the governor will start legal action against the violators.
they have already detained a few who tested positive and refused to self isolate.

In any case this will be going on here well into the summer

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
yep we are just seeing the beginning of the rise in the USA, but due to the size of the USA some areas may start to decline on the infection rate as many more hot spots pop up. FL is going to be horrible with no effective containment in place yet and it being a major retirement area.
My state and SOME others have shut down non essential businesses to in store traffic and banned gatherings including church services.
Our rate is growing much more slowly that other states who have not done this.
And we still have plenty of stupid people here who are no abiding by the State order to no congregate. I figure in another week the governor will start legal action against the violators.
they have already detained a few who tested positive and refused to self isolate.

In any case this will be going on here well into the summer
Different areas will certainly have different infection rates, but these rates won't be declining anytime soon. The longer it takes before the rate starts to accelerate so heavily that the hospitals are overrun, the more time the area in question gets to prep its hospitals and also the more time it gets to put effective containment in place and give people at least a little bit of time to adapt to regulations in a more gradual manner as doing this is what causes more people to abide. And, the more people abide, the more chance they have to avoid such a catastrophic acceleration. If the containment is inadequate, the healthcare system will collapse, and, the economy will be hurt much more badly as a direct result from that. If the containment is too draconian, the same thing will happen to the economy also. So the trick is to try and navigate someplace in the middle.

Legal action against the violators has already begun in my country. For now, if you get fined the money will not be collected right away, but that's soon going to change.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yep all we can do is try to slow the infection rate to keep it below medical care capacity.
That will not work some places over here due to their not enacting containment methods early enough.
Many have still not enacted containment methods.
Too many listen to our president... sigh...
they will likely be the ones screaming the loudest when it all hits the fan.
Me? i figured out pretty early what was going to happen so got a couple months of food and toilet paper stashed away well before any panic buying over here. Keep about 3 weeks worth on top of that as a normal thing for me as I am the only one who drives to get stuff for the disabled wife and her wacko SIL. So if I got laid up they would not starve, etc.

currently I am going out not more than once a week to replenish what we have consumed.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yep all we can do is try to slow the infection rate to keep it below medical care capacity.
That will not work some places over here due to their not enacting containment methods early enough.
Me? i figured out pretty early what was going to happen so got a couple months of food and toilet paper stashed away well before any panic buying over here. Keep about 3 weeks worth on top of that as a normal thing for me as I am the only one who drives to get stuff for the disabled wife and her wacko SIL. So if I got laid up they would not starve, etc.

currently I am going out not more than once a week to replenish what we have consumed.

We went out to Walmart today, and some of the shelves that were empty, aren't quite as empty as they were, but some still are. We've lately started doing a lot more of our grocery shopping at Kroger just because "fuck walmart" and Kroger started putting limits on the hot-selling items a couple weeks ago, so when my husband gets paid wednesday, we may get 99% of our groceries at Kroger.

We're well set on paper towels, not too badly off on TP, and thank god I don't need fem hygiene goods anymore. We might grab another pkg of TP if we can find some, and that might be possible at Kroger thanks to their limiting of sales. There may be a few things we still want or need to get at Walmart, and hopefully with the gracious plenty of walmarts around here, we can find them. Unfortunately there are about a million people in Gwinnett county.

So anyway. Just waiting in great anticipation for my new AHD driptip! Started using my new blue minibook today, because I was wearing colors that look nice with it... had on white sneakers, so I just went with a white driptip. :)

I know things are going to get bad before they get better, but panicking benefits NO ONE. Did I mentioned I had hives two nights this past week? Pretty sure it's stress that brought them on, but mercifully they've gone away again. I thought eczema itched like the devil, HAH!

Andria

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Everyone should watch this video:

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No, I'm not going to panic. Most who catch it do NOT die.

Andria

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Andria
Nope and some do not even show any symptoms. However they can give it to others who MIGHT die.
Think of yourself and family first in these troubling times but do not forget to think of others as well.

but yes do not panic that serves no purpose for anyone.

AndriaD

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Nope and some do not even show any symptoms. However they can give it to others who MIGHT die.
Think of yourself and family first in these troubling times but do not forget to think of others as well.

Oh, there's a family-wide effort to look after my aunt and my stepfather, both in their 80s, and both just freaking confused about all this. My stepfather hasn't been driving for over a year now, because his last stroke robbed him of at least 50% of his vision, so keeping him at home isn't too big a challenge; the old-folks group he's in, in his town, has been bringing frozen meals around to all their members, and my cousins, who also live in that town, have been keeping him supplied with other necessities. My aunt is a little thornier of a problem, because she does still drive, and is very much a "I can look after myself" kind of lady, but myself and my husband and my son have been keeping her supplied with groceries and other essentials, so, so far, she's ok. I tried to make it as clear to her as I possibly could, NOT to leave the house for anything, because at her age, this could easily kill her, and none of us want that, not at all!

My husband goes to work; he takes the necessary precautions. My son goes to the park, and sometimes golfing, with a friend, but they both take the necessary precautions. Both of them take what my aunt needs to her. I keep my asthmatic ass at home, except for groceries that I personally need to pick out -- which isn't that much; the guys can do a great deal of the grocerying, and have been doing so. But i wore latex gloves yesterday at walmart, and will be doing the same, when we go out this week after payday for the big grocery shop. We're all taking all the precautions that we can, and just trying to get on with life. None of us underestimate it, but we all refuse to panic.

Andria

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

As serious as this might be, panic is never a useful response to any emergency. And constant worry is also not a great response. The immune system works well when it’s not emotionally taxed by panic and extra stress.

In a situation where we’re all doing the best we can to deal with corona, worrying or panicking is not the way to go. Just do the best you can to self isolate and wash hands and use hand sanitizer. Jmho.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Oh, there's a family-wide effort to look after my aunt and my stepfather, both in their 80s, and both just freaking confused about all this. My stepfather hasn't been driving for over a year now, because his last stroke robbed him of at least 50% of his vision, so keeping him at home isn't too big a challenge; the old-folks group he's in, in his town, has been bringing frozen meals around to all their members, and my cousins, who also live in that town, have been keeping him supplied with other necessities. My aunt is a little thornier of a problem, because she does still drive, and is very much a "I can look after myself" kind of lady, but myself and my husband and my son have been keeping her supplied with groceries and other essentials, so, so far, she's ok. I tried to make it as clear to her as I possibly could, NOT to leave the house for anything, because at her age, this could easily kill her, and none of us want that, not at all!

My husband goes to work; he takes the necessary precautions. My son goes to the park, and sometimes golfing, with a friend, but they both take the necessary precautions. Both of them take what my aunt needs to her. I keep my asthmatic ass at home, except for groceries that I personally need to pick out -- which isn't that much; the guys can do a great deal of the grocerying, and have been doing so. But i wore latex gloves yesterday at walmart, and will be doing the same, when we go out this week after payday for the big grocery shop. We're all taking all the precautions that we can, and just trying to get on with life. None of us underestimate it, but we all refuse to panic.

Andria

Your aunt seems very lovable, Andria. Good thoughts her way, and hugs and love to you!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

Andria
Well I'm not trying to make people panic. To the contrary, if more people are made aware of how painfully severe this whole situation is right now, they might think rationally about it. This isn't about whether most who catch it do not die. Rather, this is about knowing there's a storm coming. At one moment in China there were 8 people dying per minute. Yes, eventually the storm will pass. But it's going to take more time than many think, and, that's why people dying will not be the only tough consequence. Panic doesn't help for reasons that should be obvious, but then, neither does pretending that everything is fine. Everything is NOT fine. That's all.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Has anyone heard if the PMTA enforcement date has been extended yet?
Last I heard Judge green had approved it, but it still had to be approved by another court or something.

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
panic is never a useful response to any emergency.

I had that knocked into me a bit for some training once, twice and possibly a third time. Still got out of the training for the one "job". It was not for me, or me for it. The job it was kind of forced everyone to "break" and if you didn't panic was not far behind, either for you, or others attending you as "supervisory types".

Contrary to the whole movie macho and moxie, yes, everyone breaks. If they don't you can figure they were already warped something terrifying inside, and may have eaten your attempt/the situation as monster food. It is natural to break. It's acceptable. it can/will/does/will continue to happen. There's no "training it out" of a human being. Anyone saying there is is likely using some low class medications to fool themselves.

Granted, yes there's great success in mind control. Even that still cannot stop a person from breaking. Many amazing things it might do, mind control, stopping people breaking it don't. Nope, does not function.

Yes, panic leads to fear and well, ...

"I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear.
I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain." -- Frank Herbert, Dune

Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” -- Grand Master Yoda

“Light is the left hand of darkness
and darkness the right hand of light.
Two are one, life and death, lying
together like lovers in kemmer,
like hands joined together,
like the end and the way.” ― Ursula K. Le Guin, The Left Hand of Darkness

VU Sponsors