Become a Patron!

istick pico "no atomiser"

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
hello,

i'm having some problems with my istick pico. i have a uwell crown, and a melo3 and ijust2 tanks.

the pico is working fine with the crown, but both the melo and ijust are coming up with the "no atomiser" error.

this happened last night, until then they were all working fine. the melo chucked it first, then i put the i just on and after 5 minutes or so, no atomiser with it as well.

i've tried the common fixes i've found browsing online (checking the spring on the poco 510, pushing the pin through a little on the bottom of the tanks, changing the coils, leaving the tanks slightly unscrewed) and nothing is working.

the crown tank is working fine, with no problems at all.

i updated the firmware last week to 1.03. i might try going back to 1.02 and see if that helps.

does anyone have any other suggestions that might help fix this? any ideas would be much appreciated...

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
This will sound weird, since the Crown is working ok. Have you cleaned the 510 on the Pico? I've had this happen, only occasionally, with one tank. Sometimes unscrewing the tank, putting it back on, takes care of it, sometimes there's a little bit of juice in there. I've really not had many issues at all with my Pico. I'll add, I've never done an update on mine. I don't use TC or anything, so I don't hassle with them, since most relate to TC matters.

I hope you figure it out, it's a fun little mod.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Check for any juice or condensation on the tank base and the 510 pin. Clean all of the tank parts (not the coil) with HOT water. I use an ultra-sonic cleaner. Wipe down with a clean drying cloth and let air dry. Put everything back together and see if it continues.

IMG_20170212_035957790 (Small).jpg IMG_20170212_040026569 (Small).jpg

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
And as Huckleberried mentioned --- check for ANY juice on the 510 pin on the MOD. I clean mine out with a cue-tip and alcohol, then let air dry for a few minutes.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
i updated the firmware last week to 1.03. i might try going back to 1.02 and see if that helps.
I'm 99% sure it's not a firmware issue. All my PICO devices are fully updated and I've had no issues with the new firmware.
This will be a connectivity issue and the MOD not reading the coil properly --- not getting good contact.

I will say that I have purchase some "ebay" coils and they were absolute JUNK! Brand new "clone" coils are worthless and only work about 5% of the time.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks for the replies.

well i went back to firmware 1.02, and the melo3 worked, i got one puff out of it then read "no atomiser" again! ijust was still the same, and the crown still works fine.

it's definitely making contact, if i screw the eleaf tanks into the mod just partly and push slightly i can feel the pin in the mod springing back.

i wipe the pin on the mod now and again with a cotton bud, but i'll try giving everything a good clean and see if that helps.

the coils i have are from eleaf website, the ones i usually have in the tanks are the ecr rebuildable ones but when i switched them also tried a stock kanthal one.

ok time to give everything a good clean and see how that goes, i'll report back.

thanks again for the replies!

edited for autocorrect typos...

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
so, i took all the tanks apart, stepped in boiled water (apart from the coils) then gave them a good clean, the istick 510 pin i cleaned with a cotton bud with iso alcohol then dried, put everything back together and they are still not working.

the crown is still working fine. unfortunately means i'm stuck using just the one tank for the time being it seems.

it's pretty weird, i don't think it's a coincidence that both the eleaf tanks chucked it within 5 mins of each other.

any other ideas i can try?

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Does the pin extend further on the crown than your other tanks...... could be the 510 on the mod has been pushed down too much. From over tightening. Could try prying the pin up.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
that was the first thing i thought of last night, but i don't think so. i've tried pushing the pins further through on the eleaf, and that hasn't helped. and the spring is worked by on the istick pin.

the melo worked for a few seconds this morning, which is weird.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you have another mod or meter to check the atty with.... or tried different coils in the atty.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've tried changing the coils, didn't help. I don't have another mod, I think I'm going to take the tanks into one of the local shops and ask them to stick them on another mod and see what happens.

The melo worked again last nigh for about 10 minutes then stopped again.

Baffled...

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've just noticed there is a kind of static, crackling sound when screwing the tanks onto the mod. is this normal? I've never noticed this before.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
So I fixed this, after a guy in a local vape shop tried to sort it by pulling out the pins in the coils just a little bit, which worked for about 10 minutes then died again. I'll explain how I fixed it in case anybody else has this problem. Not sure how this has worked, but it has, so fingers crossed...

I had a few used eleaf stock coils lying about from attempting to rewick them, which never really worked.

I noticed that the pins in the bottom of the coils themselves, some are a brass colour and some are silver. I think the silver ones were in the SS notch cools but I'm not sure as they were lying around loose, with the other bits of the coils, and a couple of whole ones.

My ecr coils, which were in both the tanks, had brass pins. So I switched them for the silver ones, and they've been working since!

I think there might be some tiny difference in the dimensions, I can't see a difference comparing them by eye but can't think of another explanation.

I hope this helps if anybody manages
to replicate this problem in the future.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
So I fixed this, after a guy in a local vape shop tried to sort it by pulling out the pins in the coils just a little bit, which worked for about 10 minutes then died again. I'll explain how I fixed it in case anybody else has this problem. Not sure how this has worked, but it has, so fingers crossed...

I had a few used eleaf stock coils lying about from attempting to rewick them, which never really worked.

I noticed that the pins in the bottom of the coils themselves, some are a brass colour and some are silver. I think the silver ones were in the SS notch cools but I'm not sure as they were lying around loose, with the other bits of the coils, and a couple of whole ones.

My ecr coils, which were in both the tanks, had brass pins. So I switched them for the silver ones, and they've been working since!

I think there might be some tiny difference in the dimensions, I can't see a difference comparing them by eye but can't think of another explanation.

I hope this helps if anybody manages
to replicate this problem in the future.
That's awesome news! Thanks for sharing, you never know when someone might have that issue, too.

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
aye, it feels like a luxury having 3 tanks again! what i've learned is that it's a good idea to have a spare mod, i'm keeping my eye open for something decent and not to expensive to have as a back up.

VU Sponsors