Become a Patron!

iStick NOWOS kit by Eleaf

karacal

Member For 4 Years
Good Morning fellow vapers,
Today I am reviewing the latest kit from Eleaf, The iStick NOWOS.
This product was sent directly from the good folks at Eleaf for the purpose of this review.
2018-11-30-png.783095

First off, this is a direction I believe devices should move to, Wattage only.
For those that don't want complicated menu systems, don't use temperature control, VPC, VTC, Bypass, etc.
The newest to devices that the NOWOS contains is that the device is charged using the newer USB-C connector, but also comes with a Micro USB adapter for charging other internal battery devices and certain cell phones.
2018-11-30-2-png.783097

The NOWOS sports an internal 4400 mah battery which is capable of 2 amp Quick Charging which I observed worked rather well using a Samsung 2 amp Quick Charger from one of my S series phones. From 18% to fully charged only took approximately 1 hour.

The NOWOS housing is a very light aluminum with a tinted or frosted front and back which hides the very simple LED display.
eleaf17-jpg.783103

As you can see from the pictures above the display is very simple, really all one needs to know about the device while using it.
The Battery percentage, The Wattage you currently have it set at, and the coil resistance. The adjustments to the Wattage are done by pressing the Fire Button 3 times and the 2 touch screen buttons will illuminate toward the bottom portion of the face.
As you may notice the finish on the Tinted version does show fingerprints and dust which may be a put down for a few users.
2018-11-30-1-png.783099

The current colors available for the NOWOS are:
Blue
Dazzling
Red
Silver
Black
*I was sent the Blue*
2018-11-30-6-png.783105

Since the NOWOS is only a 80 watt device I believe the ELLO Duro tank, which uses Single Mesh coils(and is cross compatible with other coils from Geekvape, Smok, and Vaporesso) makes the battery life last much longer since you only need between 35 to 45 watts to power them.
The NOWOS is a very lightweight and smaller device, below is the NOWOS next to the Vaporesso Polar for a side by side comparison.
eleaf13-jpg.783107
eleafnowos6-jpg.783111

The round Fire button on the NOWOS is a little more predominate that the normal button type which could be snagged on you pocket if you plan on carrying it that way but it is very responsive and sturdy.
The NOWOS can support up to a 26mm tank/RDA/RTA without any noticeable overhang.
The size difference is noticeable but comparable to the smaller devices as in the Smoant Charon Mini.
The NOWOS itself as far as performance delivers exactly what it should, instant wattage, 5 clicks of the Fire button for on/off, and 2 touch screen buttons to adjust the wattage. Easy Peasy!

The ELLO Duro tank I have review on previous Eleaf devices so there really hasn't been any changes to the tank itself. Eleaf have up'd their game with 2 new coils that came with this kit, the HW-N Dual Mesh and HW-M Dual Mesh coils.
2018-11-30-3-png.783115

I found while being used to the Single HW series Mesh coils that even with the Dual Mesh HW series you really don't need alot of wattage to get a good flavorful vapor. I ran both Dual Mesh coils at 48 watts without experiencing any dry hits, as long as you do not chain vape these coils, which seems to be what alot of users have reported with Mesh type coils. Turning the wattage down between 37 to 40 watts is where I found good flavor and coil longevity(1 week on each coil using a 70/30 Mango fruit liquid)

The NOWOS does come with a very nice safety feature. When charging the NOWOS id the internal temperature exceeds 122F or below 23F the device will automatically stop charging. With internal battery devices I can see this as a great selling feature, the fear of purchasing internal battery devices has always been the "what if's" when charging them. Eleaf have seemed to addressed that issue with this device.
2018-11-30-5-png.783117

As well as the internal battery safety Eleaf have added their normal Over discharge, Over Charge, Short Circuit, and Over Current protections.

There really wasn't too much to comment about when you are using a lightweight device that has a nice size internal battery, only uses Wattage, and has 2 new Dual Mesh coils that perform well at lower wattages.
If you are looking for a new internal battery device that is as simple to use as a device can get with great Quick Charging, even if you just want a new device as a spare or backup device I would recommend the looking into the NOWOS.
Since the NOWOS is only rechargeable via a cable and doesn't take dual batteries which you can swap out on the go then you may want to look a little further at the market, each person has their preference that's the great thing about having choices like the NOWOS.

As always Vape Safe before you Vape Happy,
Karacal

VU Sponsors