Become a Patron!

Istick Eleaf Connector Post issue

Hi,

I got my Istick couple of weeks back and have been using it with my kayfun's light. It worked fine for first two weeks then It started acting crazy. First the Ohm reading started jumping around from 0.2 to the max of my build..Sometimes it used to read as short issue, no atomiser, etc. Then it just stopped detecting any atomiser that I put on it.
My question is how to fix this issue. Can I pull out the center pin and add another 'O' ring? I did the same to MVP and it did the trick...not sure if I can pull out the center pin on I stick to that extent..
Requesting help and advice from experts.

Thanks.

moro

Member For 4 Years
That was what I did. I didn't pull the center pin out completely. Just pull it up enough to make a connection again, make sure the gasket is back under it, and add an o-ring around.

Sent from my LG-LS970 using Tapatalk 2

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If your package came with an adapter included, that's what I've been using to attach my tanks

D

Donald Bickers

I would take a small paper clip and pull the pin up a little bit,,,,don't get crazy on it ,just pull it up a little till it makes contact

CigetteVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would take a small paper clip and pull the pin up a little bit,,,,don't get crazy on it ,just pull it up a little till it makes contact
That's what I usually do too and it does the trick for a lot of batteries. Have not heard of this happening with the iStick before. Keep us updated on how it goes. Sometimes, if the coil is built too low, the problem can "seem" to appear again. So keep an eye on the coil as well.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
seems like the isticks are suffering from the same issues the MVP's do.. going to wait until the V2 comes out and hopefully addresses this.

CigetteVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
seems like the isticks are suffering from the same issues the MVP's do.. going to wait until the V2 comes out and hopefully addresses this.
Could be, be sure to be careful when screwing your tanks down and it'll most likely be fine. But yeah the MVP's had the same issue.

Rin Vapes

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If you're able to get a good connection again by lifting the center pin, I would still highly recommend getting an adapter to prevent it from happening again. (and it will happen) The iStick is super easy to overscrew on and eventually it will render the device useless. I personally don't like the adapter that came with mine as it is still easy to overscrew it and my resistance was still jumping around when using it. I got an adapter from Avid Vapor with a lip on it, which makes contact with the top of the device, therefore preventing overscrewing. I have had no issues since.

VU Sponsors