Istick 50w auto fire

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
First, this has not happened to me but I did just get mine about a week ago. I saw on another website that users are reporting that the 50w can auto fire. This can then cause the mod to melt, catch fire, or explode. Also, the 10 second cut off is overridden and the mod continues to fire. Some reports have also been made that the device turns itself on and then auto fires.

So my question is has anyone here had any experience with this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
There has been at least on member here that has had that same problem.

And while I am sorry that this is happening to anyone at all, this is a prime example of why I normally wait a couple of three months to purchase an APV.

By then the bugs have had time to hatch and come out to play or even better, no bugs and the price drops.

rowsley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes but only due to liquid getting inside of it from my goblin leaking from the fill screw.

It did all of that but the 10 second would stop it. Just sitting for an hour it would randomly fire. Plugging it into USB made it fire. It was doing some crazy stuff by its self that's for sure.

Kinda like the movie gremlins get it wet and it goes all crazy.
Luckily eciggity took it back even after having it for a month and I got a replacement. Unfortanetly I now have 2 new goblins I won't ever use again after that happend.

As far as auto firing out of the box I've personally never heard of any complaints.
When I first got mine it worked great, and even my new replacement works great.

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The whole auto fire thing just makes me extremely nervous. To the point where I almost don't want to use it anymore. The button is very touchy which I do not like. Mid vape it will stop then start again. I believe this may be a sign that it could start the auto fire

rowsley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The button is a little weird sometimes. You just have to find the right spot to press it. Mine have also done that. I wouldn't be nervous if that's what's happening.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Granted that I am paranoid about such things.

Personally I would be worried about it to the point of keeping it either outside or in something like a big glass jar overnight.

OBDave

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Granted that I am paranoid about such things.

Personally I would be worried about it to the point of keeping it either outside or in something like a big glass jar overnight.
So just in case something goes wrong you've also got glass shards all over the place to deal with?

I'm now paranoid after hearing a couple of these reports, and my iStick hasn't even showed up in the mail yet...

pjerzy

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm going to be picking up the sigelei 50w. My girlfriend has one and loves it. It will go good with my 100w+. Not sure why I didn't just spend the extra money for quality.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Mine autofired when some eliquid dripped into the switch. A quick blast of electronic board cleaner spray fixed the problem. Now I make sure the switch stays away from any eliquid drips.

VU Sponsors