Become a Patron!

Issues with Hcigar DNA 75 NANO

blak1508

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello all

I have been having issues with the HCIGAR DNA 75 NANO recently. At times it works perfectly and others it will say shorted or check atomizer when I hit the fire button. I have tried a few different batteries, tanks, atomizers etc., and I have gotten the same results eventually. Also when I hit the fire button I hear a faint noise almost like an electrical short. I am not using anything fancy currently the Clito tank .4 ohm coils at 45 watts. I have about lost confidence in HCIGAR products as I had the DNA 200 from them and one day it completely stopped working and the LED would not even turn on in addition it started making a similar but louder shorting internal noise. I quickly took it outside so it did not blow the house. I then had a buddy who is an electrician look at it and he determined the mother board had fried. Back to my initial issue, I saw that some said to attempt to check the pin that makes contact with the battery, but with the NANO that screw is not as easy to get to. I am not sure if it is accessible if I remove the battery cover and battery or not.
That brings me to another issue the battery covery is crap. I do not know how anyone could NOT cross thread the battery cover eventually. I have tried to be careful but the more I have to change batteries the harder it is getting to get the cover off and on.
Questions are, is there a common fix for my issue? Has anyone else experienced it ? How the crap do I contact HCIGAR? I tried their email in China I assume but have not received any responses and have tried 3 times in hopes that they are willing to exchange or fit it. I decided to give EVOLVE a try and see what they say.

Thanks in advance for the input

SmilinVapor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can't help you much with the first part other than to say make sure you update it to the latest firmware with escribe. As for the battery, I trust the DNA75 for charging single battery mods (I normally charge externally), so for the VT Nano I just leave the battery in and charge in the mod.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you are having difficulty contacting Hcigar or the mod is out of warranty Evolv covers their board for a year so you can contact them as well.

Edit: Didn't realize the thread was 4 months old.

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I love my Nano. However I've had two problems with it that irk me.
Battery: When it's fully charged the OLED reads fine. As soon as the battery looses any amount of power, I get "low battery". I still does it.
510 Connection: I was frustrated as hell when my tanks all read "short" and I couldn't use any tank. A very nice member contacted me immediately and told me to take off the top ring of the mod with pointy pliers or tweezers...something that will fit in the small holes so I could remove it.

He told me to clean the area very good, especially the 510 pin. I was surprised that there was hardly any juice in there but my Q-tip was a bit dirty. I put the cap back on and viola, my tanks worked fine. I really thought the mod was a gonner.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's not a problem with the firmware, it's hcigars stupid 510 plate design. Mine did the same exact thing. At first I tightened down the plate and it worked fine for a while. The problem started coming back and eventually the it stopped working all together. Now it just sits it a drawer, which is a shame because I really loved that little mod.

VU Sponsors