Become a Patron!

ISO replacement screw the for bottom of Smok 80w mod

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The title says it all, I recently lost a screw from the bottom of my MOD and can't find much online about a replacement. Could anyone please help? Thank you, in advance.

Rez

PS. Sorry if I posted this in the wrong area.

Last edited:

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just noticed this request --- searching for you as well. There may be a substitute you can use.

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thank you!!! And yes, it sure is!!! Had 2 small screws on the bottom, and now, one is missing. =\

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you! I'm going to order the screws phantom had suggested, this payday. Hopefully those will work! I'll be sure to let you guys know how it turned out. :)
There are two on Microfasteners website that look to be within specs. You may consider ordering both just in case. They are slightly different in head size and width. Length is still 6mm for each one.

M2.5 x .45 x 6mm
https://www.microfasteners.com/sfms...flat-head-socket-screws-metric-stainless.html

M3 x .5 x 6mm
https://www.microfasteners.com/sfms3006-m3-x-.5-x-6mm-flat-head-socket-screws-metric-stainless.html

Reznikov

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I really appreciate the recon you've done on these! I will go ahead and order both on payday just to cover all the bases. I'm pretty certain one or the other will work as they look exactly like the one that came out.

PhantomOp

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I really appreciate the recon you've done on these! I will go ahead and order both on payday just to cover all the bases. I'm pretty certain one or the other will work as they look exactly like the one that came out.
As cheap as they are, and paying shipping, I don't want to see you order just one and it be just slightly the wrong one. It would be more cost effective to order both and pay shipping once. ;)

I had the same issue for the 225W box mod and here is the solution...

So I had this problem too after repeatedly dropping my Smok Mag. 3 of 4 screws were removed, and the batteries would not stay in contact to fire the device. I used some electrical tape to secure the 'mag' at first knowing that was a temporary fix. From what I have found, there is no information or parts available anywhere to fix this issue.

After researching and some measurements, I found the screws are M2 .4 x 5mm. I was able to finally locate some M2 screws at a local Home Depot, however, they were only available in 6mm and 8mm lengths. I bought both, and just seated the base using the 8mm version. I thought this might be better since the 5mm screws were stripped and wouldn't even grab thread.

Hopefully this helps someone out there as it's been somewhat annoying trying to track this down and make this work. Note, the replacement M2's are flat head Phillips rather than Torx T5, but imho it doesn't really matter so long as you don't strip them.

VU Sponsors