Become a Patron!

ISO My Perfect RTA or RDTA

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Just an FYI, you can run the RDTA 5 without the screw that secures the ring. I do it all the time. I did a review of that tank. I've had it for few months and while I'm not typically an RDTA guy I will say it is one of the better ones.

Ijoy RDTA 5
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/316244/

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk
ok dueces aside form that stupid drip tip
I realized you can leave the screw out but heres my questions
on th elimitless plus
i leave that center ring in
when i rewick all i do is push the cotton through the deck opening.
Can this work on the rdta 5 or is removing that section mandatory to get the wicks in?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ok dueces aside form that stupid drip tip
I realized you can leave the screw out but heres my questions
on th elimitless plus
i leave that center ring in
when i rewick all i do is push the cotton through the deck opening.
Can this work on the rdta 5 or is removing that section mandatory to get the wicks in?
No, removing the screw is absolutely mandatory because unlike most RDTA’S the 5 has wicking channels. They're not just holes but more like half open tubes. Hope that makes sense.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
No, removing the screw is absolutely mandatory because unlike most RDTA’S the 5 has wicking channels. They're not just holes but more like half open tubes. Hope that makes sense.

makes sense and just complicates the rdta for pretty much no reason imho. I used to remove that ring on the limitless plus but everytime i did it that way my wicking leaked. just pushing the wicks in worked for me and no leaks

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
makes sense and just complicates the rdta for pretty much no reason imho. I used to remove that ring on the limitless plus but everytime i did it that way my wicking leaked. just pushing the wicks in worked for me and no leaks
Yeah it would be really tough to do on the 5 because of the channels.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thank you both for that info on wicking the 5, definitely just going to get the Gaia then. Matt, keep on searching, hope you find the right one.
Np, so glad I could help out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok so any of you guys gotten your hands on the new ijoy rdta 5s....seems a bit different then the rdta5.
The DT looks like it might be goon or griffin compatible
still has side and bottonm airflow
only holds 2.6ml
center fill
But no clue on how the middle section is assembled in comparison to the 5

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Ok anyone used the freemax starre rdta

Its really an rta but looks like a griffin with no jfc to me
im curious if anyone has used one and can comment on flavor on this one

Edit
NVM
i just looked at a couple videos and its basically a griffin 25mm mini, when you try to get to the deck the juice can just pour out.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ok so any of you guys gotten your hands on the new ijoy rdta 5s....seems a bit different then the rdta5.
The DT looks like it might be goon or griffin compatible
still has side and bottonm airflow
only holds 2.6ml
center fill
But no clue on how the middle section is assembled in comparison to the 5
I reached out to my Ijoy representative. Hopefully I have an answer for you tonight.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Ok my peeps got back to me. There is no screw on the midsection. Side and bottom airflow can be adjusted separately. The fill port is also different an can be filled by removing the top cap or dripping straight down the middle. Here are some pics they sent.

7f108371a23829f3a1ac004d453ca816.jpg
7fc84e2e4cdc8f059916ee3e63c9a994.jpg
b94ab181dbb827819c949fa9fce178f6.jpg

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ive seen those pics and more
but their website and all the chinese websites do not give much info
the DT looks to be 810/goon/griffin style
and the pictures never show that ring around the deck serpeate from the part that encloses the glass....so no clue if you need to remove it to wick

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
ive seen those pics and more
but their website and all the chinese websites do not give much info
the DT looks to be 810/goon/griffin style
and the pictures never show that ring around the deck serpeate from the part that encloses the glass....so no clue if you need to remove it to wick
My rep says not necessarily but it's easier and more convenient if you do. After looking at the pictures I can see that this RDTA has the same type of channels as the original but not nearly as long. So I can understand his point. I think if you do it without removing the ring you will kind of cram the cotton in there and it probably won't wick as well.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
My rep says not necessarily but it's easier and more convenient if you do. After looking at the pictures I can see that this RDTA has the same type of channels as the original but not nearly as long. So I can understand his point. I think if you do it without removing the ring you will kind of cram the cotton in there and it probably won't wick as well.

so is the piece below the deck actually 2 pieces? or do you have to take the glass cage off then...if so that seems like a bad design, it seems likely you will dislodge the glass seal at the bottom causing leaks when rewicking.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
so is the piece below the deck actually 2 pieces? or do you have to take the glass cage off then...if so that seems like a bad design, it seems likely you will dislodge the glass seal at the bottom causing leaks when rewicking.
Don't have one in hand yet. It looks like there are three rings at the base holding the glass in place so I doubt it will leak. Remember, like most rdta that deck should sit a good way above the glass. Again it's really hard for me to say because I don't actually have one I'm just trying to get you as much information as I can. If I had to guess I'll probably have one in hand soon.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
well ill be waiting patiently for you or someone to get one in hand. 2.6ml is better then 2ml on the gaia
but im betting you could mix and match some parts with the 5 and 5s to make the 5s hold more

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Well matt, there is a sale on the 5s and I am jumping on the band wagon, screw it. $23 isn't bad. If I get it before you decide I will tell you about it.

DagMatt

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Efun presale for the 5S is 17.99 after you log in, atleast it was a few days ago, dont know if its still going on or not

Thanks, jbone! How reliable is efun nowadays? I had a bad experience with them ages ago, but that price is really tempting.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

It'd be good if this was a bottom feeder as well DJ did they incoperate that? Especially with the 2.6ml

What made the gaia and Pindad special in my book

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
It'd be good if this was a bottom feeder as well DJ did they incoperate that? Especially with the 2.6ml

What made the gaia and Pindad special in my book
I don't believe they did.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok
so im starting to change my mind on the aromamizer line
even though i hate the fact you have to remove the tank
pull the deck then reinstall the deck on something to work on it

so is the supreme v2 version good
how does it hold up flavor wise
any quirks with it or great things about it

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok
so im starting to change my mind on the aromamizer line
even though i hate the fact you have to remove the tank
pull the deck then reinstall the deck on something to work on it

so is the supreme v2 version good
how does it hold up flavor wise
any quirks with it or great things about it
I like my griffin 25s better than my V2 and my limitless classics better than both of them. But they are all good

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I like my griffin 25s better than my V2 and my limitless classics better than both of them. But they are all good
ok is the flavor bette ron the griffin and limitless plus versus the supreme v2?
or is it something else

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I love my Supreme V2. Did a full review here.

Aromamizer Supreme V2
http://vapingunderground.com/index.php?threads/329573/

It's basically an Aromamizer Plus in 25mm form.

If I was going to get a Griffin I would get the new AIO version. Just got one a few days ago and it's an extremely versatile tank because it has 5 decks available. Of course they need to be purchased separately. I do wish they sold a kit with all 5 decks in it. I think that would be a real winner.

jbone6977

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ok is the flavor bette ron the griffin and limitless plus versus the supreme v2?
or is it something else
For me the griffin 25 and the V2 are equal in the flavor & ease of use departments but I like the draw of the Griffins much more, with that said the limitless classic(I dont have a plus, just the classic) has much better flavor and a much smoother draw than both of them and is the only tank that I like all around better than the Griffin 25

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
For me the griffin 25 and the V2 are equal in the flavor & ease of use departments but I like the draw of the Griffins much more, with that said the limitless classic(I dont have a plus, just the classic) has much better flavor and a much smoother draw than both of them and is the only tank that I like all around better than the Griffin 25
well just more on how subjective taste is
looking at the classic it doesnt seem any different that would make it change the flavor versus the plus. YES I KNOW THERE ARE DIFFERENCES. But i dont think the flavor is going to be different between the 2 USING THE SAME BUILD IN BOTH. The classic could beat out the plus with those different decks allowing different style builds in it.

I think using the same build my griffin 22 and mini 25 edge out the plus particularly on fruity flavors. on chocolate and dessert or bakery flavors they are close

now never used the actual griffin 25 but everything I have ever seen says its as good or better in flavor then the 22. SO that would lead me to believe that the supreme v2 would be accpetable in the flavor department for me..

Now who knows for sure if they can fit 4mm ID coils on the velocity deck?????

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
well just more on how subjective taste is
looking at the classic it doesnt seem any different that would make it change the flavor versus the plus. YES I KNOW THERE ARE DIFFERENCES. But i dont think the flavor is going to be different between the 2 USING THE SAME BUILD IN BOTH. The classic could beat out the plus with those different decks allowing different style builds in it.

I think using the same build my griffin 22 and mini 25 edge out the plus particularly on fruity flavors. on chocolate and dessert or bakery flavors they are close

now never used the actual griffin 25 but everything I have ever seen says its as good or better in flavor then the 22. SO that would lead me to believe that the supreme v2 would be accpetable in the flavor department for me..

Now who knows for sure if they can fit 4mm ID coils on the velocity deck?????
I get 3.5 in the velocity deck of the V2 np. I would have to open it up and take a gander but to be honest I don't think I have any 4mm ID coils.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ive really been enjoying this turbo RDTA from vaptio

you can get 4.5mm coils in there according to you para (think that's what you said in the other thread?) in fact it needs big coils to shine

Drip tip is a little short as top gets pretty damn hot in wattage mode but otherwise Id go as far as saying it's up there as one of the best RDTAs I've tried in the flavour dept

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ive really been enjoying this turbo RDTA from vaptio

you can get 4.5mm coils in there according to you para (think that's what you said in the other thread?) in fact it needs big coils to shine

Drip tip is a little short as top gets pretty damn hot in wattage mode but otherwise Id go as far as saying it's up there as one of the best RDTAs I've tried in the flavour dept
Correct KingPin! I am running 4.5s in mine.
I do think that is what is keeping it a bit cooler.
Sure does produce a great taste.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'd go as far as saying it's my favourite RDTA for flavour it's immense, I've been a staunch supporter of the Pindad for so long, the turbo just falls short of greatness in a few areas but considering this is thier first go I'm properly impressed hadn't even heard of them until recently

Any builders out there apart from the grub screws (they need to hop on the Geekvape screw list) you'll really enjoy the types of builds you can get in here I know I will

Spending some more time with mine before I make my final judgement call just want to figure out all its quirks

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd go as far as saying it's my favourite RDTA for flavour it's immense, I've been a staunch supporter of the Pindad for so long, the turbo just falls short of greatness in a few areas but considering this is thier first go I'm properly impressed hadn't even heard of them until recently

Any builders out there apart from the grub screws (they need to hop on the Geekvape screw list) you'll really enjoy the types of builds you can get in here I know I will

Spending some more time with mine before I make my final judgement call just want to figure out all its quirks
So far I've only found two potential quirks;
1. It is THIRSTY (not really a quirk cause the more flavor you want, the more juice it'll take to get you there most generally)
2. It could use a little refinement on the very bottom (only the case for a few certain mods, otherwise it's pretty damn nice)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
So far I've only found two potential quirks;
1. It is THIRSTY (not really a quirk cause the more flavor you want, the more juice it'll take to get you there most generally)
2. It could use a little refinement on the very bottom (only the case for a few certain mods, otherwise it's pretty damn nice)

I've listed a few more mate but they are recommendations for improvement rather than actual dislikes

The main con for for me is the drip tip i wish it was taller, attention is needed on the grub screws and threading though

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
that turbo looks nice but not what im looking for.
Im hoping what I am looking for comes out soon

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Ok Matt no probs have you landed on what it is out there you do like so far particular features etc I'll keep an eye out

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
basically a gaia seems perfect- have not used one, and the only thing stopping me from getting one is its 2ml capacity and I dont own squonkers
But i like my limitless plus - but side fill is annoying. The plastic cap breaks after 1 to many drops- a metal top cap would be better - and since I am a clutz this is important to me and i want top fill with a choice of bottom air flow. the ijoy rdta almost fixes this, but the cap is plastic, I think, and it uses a proprietary DT ( another no go for me). The the ijoy RDTA 5s is even closer but what 2.5ml capacity(??) and in the one video I saw the whole thing can easily lift off the glass which couldlead to drop mods and more damage

I mean theres stuff that is SO CLOSE to perfect for me. if the could incorporate the JFC style of the aromamizer supreme into the griffin 22 with little to no other changes that would be perfect as well

VU Sponsors