Become a Patron!

Is vaping really bad?

Ryan57348

Member For 4 Years
After seeing all of these media post about vaping either formaldehyde, ap, diacetyl, or that is causes oral cancer lung cancer and all of that crazy stuff. Honestly makes me mad to see all of this propaganda because we all know it's a lot better than stinkies! What do you guys think about this? My breathing has honestly gotten better since I started vaping . But anyway, does anyone think there's actually any health risks from vaping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
After seeing all of these media post about vaping either formaldehyde, ap, diacetyl, or that is causes oral cancer lung cancer and all of that crazy stuff. What do you guys think about this? My breathing has honestly gotten better since I started vaping . But anyway, does anyone think there's actually any health risks from vaping?

Of course it is look at what happened to @ej1024 :)

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
After seeing all of these media post about vaping either formaldehyde, ap, diacetyl, or that is causes oral cancer lung cancer and all of that crazy stuff. What do you guys think about this? My breathing has honestly gotten better since I started vaping . But anyway, does anyone think there's actually any health risks from vaping?

My personal belief:

The FDA and other anti-nicotin pukes are scaring the public to further their agenda, not benefit smokers who would like a safer alternative

There is over 100 times more harmful chemicals in cigarettes than vapes, no evidence whatsoever to support assertions vaping causes any kind of cancer.

It has got to be one of the worst hoaxes played by the federal government ever.

Whiskeywarrior

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Do you trust the government for your well being? I know for damn sure I don't.
Back during prohibition the government poisoned thousands of people then blamed it on "moonshine".
The government, just to see what would happen, tested a biological air drop over San Francisco killing at least one person and hospitalising many others. Tests like this go on and on.
There are way to many things like this to think the gov cares at all about your well-being.
So do I trust what the government is telling me about anything. That would be a big fat NO.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of course it is look at what happened to @ej1024 :)
worry_zpsaghjfw4m.gif
:giggle::giggle:

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
After seeing all of these media post about vaping either formaldehyde, ap, diacetyl, or that is causes oral cancer lung cancer and all of that crazy stuff. Honestly makes me mad to see all of this propaganda because we all know it's a lot better than stinkies! What do you guys think about this? My breathing has honestly gotten better since I started vaping . But anyway, does anyone think there's actually any health risks from vaping?

The UK has done studies and came to conclusions. Of that, that vaping is at least 90% safer than smoking. So no, it's not completely safe, but FAR safer than smoking.

I do NOT trust the government. They are motivated by tax money, not your health. The media needs demons to present as "bad" to vilify to make headlines, and big tobacco and big pharma need to eliminate "competition".

Adam Ross

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Let's see. If you consider, now that I've quit cigarettes all together and solely vape now, my sleeping better at night-more energy throughout the day-food tastes better-better sex-wake up in the morning better-breathe better...If that's all "Bad" then I guess vaping is bad for you.....NOT! :)~

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
The UK has done studies and came to conclusions. Of that, that vaping is at least 90% safer than smoking. So no, it's not completely safe, but FAR safer than smoking.

I do NOT trust the government. They are motivated by tax money, not your health. The media needs demons to present as "bad" to vilify to make headlines, and big tobacco and big pharma need to eliminate "competition".
Something nobody has mentioned that i seen, but insurance companies benefited greatly from ecigs being classified as "tobacco products" as now they can charge "smoking rates" to people who quit smoking for ecgis hence making more money off an healthier client. In other words my life insurance rates now go up due to "using tobacco" when I'm not using any tobacco over a stupid classification. On top of that even before chewing nicotine gum gives you a higher rate then not chewing it. it's all a big scam to squeeze money out of the everyday working joe and give it to big business

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Something nobody has mentioned that i seen, but insurance companies benefited greatly from ecigs being classified as "tobacco products" as now they can charge "smoking rates" to people who quit smoking for ecgis hence making more money off an healthier client. In other words my life insurance rates now go up due to "using tobacco" when I'm not using any tobacco over a stupid classification. On top of that even before chewing nicotine gum gives you a higher rate then not chewing it. it's all a big scam to squeeze money out of the everyday working joe and give it to big business
None of my life insurance carriers give a shit if I vape, and neither does my health insurer. I have 4 different life insurance policies.

Same for my wife, they don't care that we vape.

My doctor, considers me a non smoker, and tells me he thinks it's great that I vape, rather than smoke.

Not everyone runs into what you are talking about. Though I do recognize it as a problem.

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Insurance is the biggest scam going no matter what country youre in

Take car insurance in the uk the bastards charge you inflated premium if someone else hits you because apparently statistically your more likely now to make a claim ... that's right my wifes car got hit in a shopping car park when some old twat wasn't looking while reversing out of a space so got a hike through a "non fault claim" and I did too on my premium because she's a named driver so an extra ÂŁ150 between the two of us each year for the next 5 years because some thoughtless fucker didn't bother to look makes me bloody angry

Back on topic though still a lot of studies needed funded through not for profit organisations so far as others have said results are inconclusive any studies tend to be lab based in extreme conditions or using sub par ingredients (the scary ones) for every negative report there is a counter positive report from what I've seen so far

Last edited:

Ryan57348

Member For 4 Years
I mean I personally feel better from vaping then I ever did smoking. Just confused as why they're saying it causes oral cancer when there's no chemicals in vaping like their is with analogs to cause it

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mean I personally feel better from vaping then I ever did smoking. Just confused as why they're saying it causes oral cancer when there's no chemicals in vaping like their is with analogs to cause it

It's called "Fake News", Ryan...lot of that going around lately.

Incidentally, my dentist told me my oral health is MUCH better since I quit smoking and began vaping over two years ago.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
It's called "Fake News", Ryan...lot of that going around lately.

Incidentally, my dentist told me my oral health is MUCH better since I quit smoking and began vaping over two years ago.

Same here...

RMVapes28

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Why do they have to know. If the question of "do you smoke" comes up on a form or however it may be asked why wouldn't you say no? It's not smoking, it's vaping. I highly doubt that if I die it's going to be from vaping. Even if the form or person asked me if I vape, I'd still say no. I mean if I go to the dr for a physical and I don't tell him I vape is he really going to be able to come to the conclusion that I do vape by doing a simple physical? I highly doubt that. It's bad enough that my insurance premiums are higher than most just because of my line of work. They can eat shit when it comes to what I do in my personal free time.

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Why do they have to know. If the question of "do you smoke" comes up on a form or however it may be asked why wouldn't you say no? It's not smoking, it's vaping. I highly doubt that if I die it's going to be from vaping. Even if the form or person asked me if I vape, I'd still say no. I mean if I go to the dr for a physical and I don't tell him I vape is he really going to be able to come to the conclusion that I do vape by doing a simple physical? I highly doubt that. It's bad enough that my insurance premiums are higher than most just because of my line of work. They can eat shit when it comes to what I do in my personal free time.
The ONLY way they will know if you vape, is if they test you for nicotine.

I am a NON tobacco user. I do NOT use tobacco. If I enjoy a poppy bun once in a while, or enjoy poppy seeds on a salad, am I supposed to claim I am a user of illicit drugs too?!

Screw em.

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer

You say this ...someone I know who's dad passed away told his life insurance he didn't smoke, when he passed away unrelated to it they did autopsy and detected nicotine because he'd had a few cigars over Christmas and wouldnt pay out which screwed his kids.... when they say tell us everything better to be up front IMO cause the Weasley bastards will try just about anything not to pay out

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
They have categories and run blood tests there is no hiding when your insured for a million dollars

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

RMVapes28

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I guess that's why it pays to look into your life insurance policy holder. You can get life insurance that will be payed out without an autopsy. A million dollar life insurance policy isn't anything out of the norm, im not sure where you guys are from but I know first hand an autopsy isn't required for ALL life insurance payouts, even a million dollar plus one. Actually you can get life insurance where it's a written "clause" that an autopsy will NOT be enforced or required for a life insurance payout. Besides, I'm not talking about smoking im talking about vaping. The ONLY way to tell I vape is to check my blood for nicotine. That only works if I vape e-liquid WITH nicotine. That also doesn't prove I vape, it just proves there's nicotine in my system. Like I said they can eat shit. I don't smoke, and I already pay plenty for my insurance.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey SirRichardRear. We represent over 30 major life insurance companies and we can get you non-smoker rates with a well known and reputable carrier even with admitting to vaping, nicotine gum, or any other non-cigarette form of nicotine, assuming you are in the U.S.A. Our contact info is in a post titled "Life Insurance That Gets It" in VU's Services Offered forum.
what?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let's see. If you consider, now that I've quit cigarettes all together and solely vape now, my sleeping better at night-more energy throughout the day-food tastes better-better sex-wake up in the morning better-breathe better...If that's all "Bad" then I guess vaping is bad for you.....NOT! :)~
Vaping did not improve my sex life.
No sex before and still no sex.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Vaping did not improve my sex life.
No sex before and still no sex.

Likewise. :D That ship sailed a few years before I discovered vaping. But hey, at least my husband doesn't mind so much, giving me a goodnight kiss. :giggle:

Andria

VU Sponsors