Become a Patron!

Is Vaping making me FAT(er)?

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Is it just me or does it seem like I have gained weight since I stopped smoking and started vaping? Can someone direct me to info relating to how our bodies breakdown vg/pg? I have never been a small dude but have always been able to maintain my weight +/- 10lbs. I go through anywhere from 10-20 ml of juice per day. Any help or direction in the right way is appreciated.

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The cause is more likely that you quit smoking. Many people gain weight after quitting smoking it's very common.
I don't believe it's possible for chemicals inhaled into your lungs to be metabolized efficiently into caloric intake causing a gain in weight. Even if it was I don't think you could vape enough for any noticeable weight gain.
10 ml of vegetable glycerine is approximately 48 calories so even if you were drinking the stuff you wouldn't notice weight gain.
Smoking suppresses appetite.unfortunately Some people even start smoking to lose weight.
I am not a small guy myself and I vape a lot, but haven't really noticed my weight fluctuate up or down since I have started vaping. I was still using chewing tobacco until two weeks ago so hopefully I don't gain any more weight! Lol. Hope this helps

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The cause is more likely that you quit smoking. Many people gain weight after quitting smoking it's very common.
I don't believe it's possible for chemicals inhaled into your lungs to be metabolized efficiently into caloric intake causing a gain in weight. Even if it was I don't think you could vape enough for any noticeable weight gain.
10 ml of vegetable glycerine is approximately 48 calories so even if you were drinking the stuff you wouldn't notice weight gain.
Smoking suppresses appetite.unfortunately Some people even start smoking to lose weight.
I am not a small guy myself and I vape a lot, but haven't really noticed my weight fluctuate up or down since I have started vaping. I was still using chewing tobacco until two weeks ago so hopefully I don't gain any more weight! Lol. Hope this helps

I wouldnt think that vg or pg would do it but I have not changed diet one bit. I started a light exercise routine to see if I can drop back down to my "happy zone". Thank you for reply. I will update as time goes on.

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Yes, for me I have gained weight. It's totally devastating but I suppose I should start my low carb diet. I keep procrastinating tho.

I'm hoping Steamin Demon is right. As a guy I never worried too much but I've gained enough that its not healthy. I'm cutting portions and doing cardio!!! Hope your low carb diet helps you. If we can quit smoking we can do anything damn it!!!!

Steamin Demon

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I hop
I'm hoping Steamin Demon is right. As a guy I never worried too much but I've gained enough that its not healthy. I'm cutting portions and doing cardio!!! Hope your low carb diet helps you. If we can quit smoking we can do anything damn it!!!!
i hope I'm right too because I'm willing to bet diet e liquid would taste terrible!
It's like diet soda, I hate that shit! Let's keep our fingers crossed and good luck with the diet and exercise I need to gat my ass in gear too.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Normally when you quit smoking you find more time to snack as well

DirtyGoat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I dont eat candy like i used to.... maybe a *removed by staff* e juice will help lol

Last edited by a moderator:

Satchvai

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I agree with a previous poster. Along with nicotine, there are tons of other chemicals in tobacco smoke that effect who knows what in our brain chemistry and I'd hazard to guess that there may be a few that are appetite suppressants. I've experienced the same little bit of weight gain as well but chalk it up to quitting smoking versus starting vaping. I taught a smoking cessation class last year and remember one figure that eases my distress about quitting smoking. I would have to gain 80lbs to do the same damage to my body as continuing to be a thinner smoker.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I knew one vaper that vaped a lot of candy and dessert flavors that swore that she had lost weight as she was no longer munching on real candy or desserts.

But she also indicated that some of the weigh loss affected her "curvy figure" so she cut back on those flavors.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I knew one vaper that vaped a lot of candy and dessert flavors that swore that she had lost weight as she was no longer munching on real candy or desserts.

But she also indicated that some of the weigh loss affected her "curvy figure" so she cut back on those flavors.
Way to go for her! Skin and bone is not where it's at

VapnJake

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Skin and bone is not where it's at

If that aint the truth! I've always been a sucker for what society would consider to be "plus size"

I've always heard that cigarettes were an appetite suppressant... I knew they were advertised for weight loss many years ago with the idea of smoking a cigarette instead of eating a snack... but never was sure about it's actual "appetite" suppressant capabilities or qualities... until I quit smoking... I find myself constantly wanting to eat and drink something... vaping has helped tone that down a bit too, kind of a substitute for cigarettes and snacks...

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If that aint the truth! I've always been a sucker for what society would consider to be "plus size"

I've always heard that cigarettes were an appetite suppressant... I knew they were advertised for weight loss many years ago with the idea of smoking a cigarette instead of eating a snack... but never was sure about it's actual "appetite" suppressant capabilities or qualities... until I quit smoking... I find myself constantly wanting to eat and drink something... vaping has helped tone that down a bit too, kind of a substitute for cigarettes and snacks...
Yeah, it's almost sickening what the media says a female should look like. The fads like the lack of a pubis mons are rediculous. There's nothing wrong with being "healthy". I'm not saying skinny isn't healthy but you don't need to be a stick to be healthy.

Anyway along with smoking instead of eating. Food tastes better when you aren't smoking. Making it more appealing.

Is it just me or does it seem like I have gained weight since I stopped smoking and started vaping? Can someone direct me to info relating to how our bodies breakdown vg/pg? I have never been a small dude but have always been able to maintain my weight +/- 10lbs. I go through anywhere from 10-20 ml of juice per day. Any help or direction in the right way is appreciated.
I agree. Two years since started vaping and gained 20 lbs, or about 5 lbs every six months. Food intake has been lower I thought. For now am increasing activity level to counter steady gaining.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I doubt the juice itself is what's making you fat(er).
Perhaps since you stopped smoking you have more of an appetite, or since vaping makes you thirsty you drink more soft drinks.
Besides that not smoking slows your metabolism.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Lost 40Lb since I started vaping and saw no change in my blood sugar levels. Breathing better I exercise more which helps.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lost 40Lb since I started vaping and saw no change in my blood sugar levels. Breathing better I exercise more which helps.
Yep, I've dropped 40lbs myself and my blood sugar has actually dropped allot. My Doctor is thrilled, my energy level has also significantly increased. I've peaked though and I'm taking it to the next level, my goal is to drop another 30.
I lost weight due to not wanting sweets as I use to
This is a huge thing with me, don't crave the sweets and baked goods cause I vape them now. Now if I can find a Chocolate flavor that doesn't taste like a Tootsie Roll!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've said it before and I'll say it again. it isn't vaping or quitting smoking that makes you fat, it is you eating too much. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but it is true. I've lost over 250 pounds since I started vaping. Yes, it was hard and it took a LOT of discipline and vigilance, but it can be done. I was almost 500 pounds (485) and now I am just under 235.

I started my serious diet Feb. 2015.

Stop blaming the vape and the smokes. The day you stop looking for something to blame and turn the blame towards your own lack of self control, is the day you will make a real effort to lose the weight.

I wish everyone struggling with their weight the absolute best. If anyone needs help, I am more than happy to assist. Just shoot me a PM.

NOTFAT.jpg

fozzy71

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've said it before and I'll say it again. it isn't vaping or quitting smoking that makes you fat, it is you eating too much. Sorry if it sounds harsh, but it is true. I've lost over 250 pounds since I started vaping. Yes, it was hard and it took a LOT of discipline and vigilance, but it can be done. I was almost 500 pounds (485) and now I am just under 235.

I started my serious diet Feb. 2015.

Stop blaming the vape and the smokes. The day you stop looking for something to blame and turn the blame towards your own lack of self control, is the day you will make a real effort to lose the weight.

I wish everyone struggling with their weight the absolute best. If anyone needs help, I am more than happy to assist. Just shoot me a PM.

View attachment 62907
this - I dropped 60 pounds (from 200+ to <150 pounds) while smoking and switching to vaping over the past 3+ years. I did it the old fashioned way: counting calories and weighing all of my meals/portions/ingredients on a food scale when possible (I work from home so this easier for me than most).

Start using MyFitnessPal at a minimum or better yet get a fitbit to track your daily calorie burn better and use their food database (or sync fitbit with myfitnesspal if you can (I had issues) as the MFP food database is a bit better).

I wouldnt think that vg or pg would do it but I have not changed diet one bit. I started a light exercise routine to see if I can drop back down to my "happy zone". Thank you for reply. I will update as time goes on.
Hey! I'm new here, but I wanted to comment as I've had your same exact observation in the past about vaping. Actually, the fact that you gain weight is actually to be expected considering that VG while being sugar free, will actually cause you to have a spike in insulin due to the carbohydrates. VG is "sugar free", but carbs in it and in high enough quantity (VG has 5 grams per teaspoon which is considerable because of how much of that goes into our blood stream through the lungs) will most definitely affect blood sugar. This in turn causes insulin to go to work and the insulin then clears the complex carbs out of your blood and stores it as fat. By giving yourself a steady stream of carbs, your body will not burn fat because it's too busy trying to normalize blood sugar.

Check this out: just as an experiment, go back to another nicotine source like a patch or smoking etc for a short period of time if you have to and then cut sugar and carbs completely out of your diet for an entire week, or even just 3 days, and watch yourself lose weight. Guarantee you will lose weight (and water weight too because carbs and sugar cause water retention). If you eat fatty meats, fish, vegetables, butter, cream, and then cut carbs and sugar completely out of your diet with zero tolerance then you will drop weight faster than anything else you've ever seen. The experiment would just serve to prove that the increased complex sugars introduced by the VG is in fact causing the weight gain. The VG in the vape juice is keeping people in a constant state of sugar storage. Also, VG causes a huge increase in triglycerides. Not good

Sorry for the long reply but I couldn't help but respond. I've been studying medicine and nutrition for years, so I know a lot about the topic. Also, if you're curious, I quit vaping a few months after I started a couple years ago because it caused me to gain weight as well. Just my 2 cents and I hope that brings some perspective to the table.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey! I'm new here, but I wanted to comment as I've had your same exact observation in the past about vaping. Actually, the fact that you gain weight is actually to be expected considering that VG while being sugar free, will actually cause you to have a spike in insulin due to the carbohydrates. VG is "sugar free", but carbs in it and in high enough quantity (VG has 5 grams per teaspoon which is considerable because of how much of that goes into our blood stream through the lungs) will most definitely affect blood sugar. This in turn causes insulin to go to work and the insulin then clears the complex carbs out of your blood and stores it as fat. By giving yourself a steady stream of carbs, your body will not burn fat because it's too busy trying to normalize blood sugar.

Check this out: just as an experiment, go back to another nicotine source like a patch or smoking etc for a short period of time if you have to and then cut sugar and carbs completely out of your diet for an entire week, or even just 3 days, and watch yourself lose weight. Guarantee you will lose weight (and water weight too because carbs and sugar cause water retention). If you eat fatty meats, fish, vegetables, butter, cream, and then cut carbs and sugar completely out of your diet with zero tolerance then you will drop weight faster than anything else you've ever seen. The experiment would just serve to prove that the increased complex sugars introduced by the VG is in fact causing the weight gain. The VG in the vape juice is keeping people in a constant state of sugar storage. Also, VG causes a huge increase in triglycerides. Not good

Sorry for the long reply but I couldn't help but respond. I've been studying medicine and nutrition for years, so I know a lot about the topic. Also, if you're curious, I quit vaping a few months after I started a couple years ago because it caused me to gain weight as well. Just my 2 cents and I hope that brings some perspective to the table.
My Blood Sugar has dropped significantly since I started Vaping, no longer have to take Medication.

I have both gained weight and had a sudden, later in life, increase of cholesterol, LDL, HDL and triglycerides. Even my doctor was shocked. No dietary changes, just began vaping (not a smoker) just decided to vape with VG and PG in the juice. Big belly roll around my always slender waist also, and I don't eat much never have which is why I was always slim. I'm certain it's the VG and PG. I'm reading alot about others who've had same issues.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I have both gained weight and had a sudden, later in life, increase of cholesterol, LDL, HDL and triglycerides. Even my doctor was shocked. No dietary changes, just began vaping (not a smoker) just decided to vape with VG and PG in the juice. Big belly roll around my always slender waist also, and I don't eat much never have which is why I was always slim. I'm certain it's the VG and PG. I'm reading alot about others who've had same issues.

I would suggest your metabolism changed, as well as your activity level may have changed

And why the hell did you take up vaping if you weren't a smoker?

I for one am sick of vaping being blamed for unrelated problems

Thanks for the vote of support! I gave up cigarettes 26 years ago, and 4 years ago under a time of high stress (I am a nationally known consumer advocate for airline passengers and have testified 7 times before Congress to get laws and rules passed to protect airline passengers, the airline passengers' bill of rights was my doing) and during that time of high stress the Vape companies came out with advertising saying it's totally safe, not as addicting as cigarettes and without the nasty side effects. I thought maybe, just once, they might be honest. I'm actually vaping only menthol without nicotine at this point as it's become habitual and am attempting to stop. I get I'm smart enough to NOT have picked up vaping, but the advertising campaign by the vape companies about 8-9 years ago was intentionally deceptive, and I bought into it at first.

Even my Dr. stated this is not a metabolic change, and when I reduce the vaping my blood work changes into a more favorable area of LDL, HDL, cholesterol and triglycerides.

My comments on this board are simply to find out if others have the same issue. Not to piss off someone named "Juicy Lucy" who clearly is only interested in positive outcomes from vaping and supporting this deceptive industry.

I, for one, am responsible for my choices and after tons of relevant testing, diet changes and exercise am still seeing the same weight gain with the vaping and weight loss without it, and again I'm now vaping without the nicotine so nicotine is not a factor.

Your comment about being "sick of vaping being blamed for unrelated problems" makes me wonder do you work for Juul or Phillip Morris? That's the kind of hyperbole and unsubstantiated attack PM used to support cigarette use. Until they were caught red handed that is.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I say bullshit, I lost over 40 lbs and m health has drastically improved. I've never ever heard nor seen anyone who had any symptoms you claim due to Vaping.

Let's see new account with this being your only post, I smell a paid Troll.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

What kind of a Troll would I be? Very strange comments on this forum where people seem to only espouse the positive attributes of vaping. Again, I posit, I'm not connected to any point of view. I have enjoyed vaping for last few years, but am having some side effects that MAY be caused by vaping. My name is Kate Hanni, you can google me and see thousands of interviews where I was a consumer advocate for airline passengers' and I have nothing to gain by posting here and asking the question if anyone else had my results. Do I?

Truly the Trolls and BS'rs are always the ones that post anonymously and don't use their real names. AT least I'm trackable, well known and have nothing to hide.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of a Troll would I be? Very strange comments on this forum where people seem to only espouse the positive attributes of vaping. Again, I posit, I'm not connected to any point of view. I have enjoyed vaping for last few years, but am having some side effects that MAY be caused by vaping. My name is Kate Hanni, you can google me and see thousands of interviews where I was a consumer advocate for airline passengers' and I have nothing to gain by posting here and asking the question if anyone else had my results. Do I?

Truly the Trolls and BS'rs are always the ones that post anonymously and don't use their real names. AT least I'm trackable, well known and have nothing to hide.
Your actions say otherwise, we get a lot of you flyby Trolls around here.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
(I am a nationally known consumer advocate for airline passengers and have testified 7 times before Congress to get laws and rules passed to protect airline passengers, the airline passengers' bill of rights was my doing)

My name is Kate Hanni, you can google me and see thousands of interviews where I was a consumer advocate for airline passengers' and I have nothing to gain by posting here and asking the question if anyone else had my results. Do I?

Yes, obviously you are self promoting

Vaping attracts a lot of self-promoters

It is also a bastion of bad science, where a lot of anecdotal evidence is often preached as gospel, even by so-called scientists and well known researchers

While I'm no fan of airlines, it looks like you may be looking for another place to promote yourself as an advocate

Why don't you look at the corrupt food and big pharma industries - all supported by the FDA - that do indeed have a vested interest in keeping the public over weight and in bad health because of it - that is where you will find the real culprits

What you are describing reeks of years of bad choices catching up to you - choices you may have made thinking you were doing the right thing even - thanks to corrupt and morally bankrupt bamboozling by the unholy alliance of govt. policies and the modern food industry and big pharma

NGAHaze

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I, for one, am responsible for my choices and after tons of relevant testing, diet changes and exercise am still seeing the same weight gain with the vaping and weight loss without it, and again I'm now vaping without the nicotine so nicotine is not a factor.

Hmm, seemingly has her symptoms unequivocally narrowed down to vaping yet continues to vape, absent of nicotine no less. Then, supposedly in the interests of 'helping others' she goes to a Ecig forum to share her views that vaping is the root of all evil because the manufacturers tricked her into using their product and subsequently, made her fat.

I'm sorry but while I would like to believe your intentions are altruistic, your story reeks of bias and perhaps even a potential agenda. Frankly, I'd suggest the symptoms you are experiencing are simply the results of changes that everyone goes through as they age. I admit I'm not a doctor but given your own words the answer seems blatantly obvious ... just stop vaping and you will magically return to your former glory!

Artemis

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has your doctor performed a nitric oxide test? Where is this "reading" from others? I would like to see/read.
P.S. I lost 63-65 (variable) lbs in the past year. I have more to go but its called "a diet" . I had gained weight but not from vaping. Quitting the smokes made everything taste better.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, obviously you are self promoting

Vaping attracts a lot of self-promoters

It is also a bastion of bad science, where a lot of anecdotal evidence is often preached as gospel, even by so-called scientists and well known researchers

While I'm no fan of airlines, it looks like you may be looking for another place to promote yourself as an advocate

Why don't you look at the corrupt food and big pharma industries - all supported by the FDA - that do indeed have a vested interest in keeping the public over weight and in bad health because of it - that is where you will find the real culprits

What you are describing reeks of years of bad choices catching up to you - choices you may have made thinking you were doing the right thing even - thanks to corrupt and morally bankrupt bamboozling by the unholy alliance of govt. policies and the modern food industry and big pharma

Yeah at the very minimum self promoting their own agenda.

All these junk science being promoted by Government and Big Pharma, I always promote the actual real peer reviewed science. My main sources that I also promote are the UK’s National Health site along with the Royal Collage of Physicians. For their actual motivation is Health for it’s in Countries with true national health care to keep their people healthy, unlike countries with for profit health care.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT

I’m glad your willing to put your name on it so to speak. You need to understand that people come on these forums all the time with symptoms they attribute to vaping. Everyone I’ve spoke to has had a positive effect from quitting smoking via vaping. Every scientific study with any merit has suggested that vaping has very little negative effect on the human body but it’s still early and more data is needed. It’s just people seem very willing to attribute any negative, whether real or perceived, effect to the fact they also vape. More data is needed to determine whether vaping is harmful but any data is needed to say vaping has effected you as you say it has. It’s just people here would like more then just your hunch that vaping has effected you as you say it has especially when you have just popped in here and aren’t a trusted member of the community. I hope your health improves and you and your doctor are able to find the source of your problem.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Kinda weird - a four year old thread that never went anywhere much and only bumped a couple of times two years ago gets bumped to fish for weight gain/vaping correlation

You would think that "Necro" posts would be LESS fattening though? :D

WSKdtFQ.png

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Wow this is an old thread I never noticed. Seems Kateh dug deep looking for some help with her mysterious symptoms. Great use of time and resources Kate. I hope you use your time more wisely fighting for passenger’s rights. Makes sense that Congress would want to talk to you though, they seem to favor nonsense, and enjoy wasting time and our money.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
I started vaping 4 months now. I came here to learn how to get started. thanx peeps.

when I first started, I actually lost weight, just a few pounds, but still.

now, I have gained about 1# average. my weight fluctuates by about 3-4 regularly. seems I get hungry more easily.

so, imho, I can say that it could be possible for some people. as I can say that losing weight is quite possible for some people.

until 4 months ago, 35'ish year menthol smoker.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Let me see if I can get this new hypothesis right.

We are now inhaling carbs directly into our bloodstream, thus spiking our insulin and making us fat by vaping VG ?

:giggle:

For me personally, since I started vaping 5 years ago, I've also gained a little weight, my face is developing wrinkles, my hair is turning grey, my teeth are falling out and my eyesight is getting worse.

It's gotta be the vaping since I never had any of these issues before when I was smoking :(

Could be also I'm just getting older ;)

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Let me see if I can get this new hypothesis right.

We are now inhaling carbs directly into our bloodstream, thus spiking our insulin and making us fat by vaping VG ?

:giggle:

For me personally, since I started vaping 5 years ago, I've also gained a little weight, my face is developing wrinkles, my hair is turning grey, my teeth are falling out and my eyesight is getting worse.

It's gotta be the vaping since I never had any of these issues before when I was smoking :(

Could be also I'm just getting older ;)
Holy shit it must be the vaping!!!! I’m having the same issues, and I was blaming myself. I mean I got a crap diet, haven’t been to the eye doctor in years and I was thinking that was the problem. Good thing because I don’t want to eat healthy and I’m keep getting older no matter what I do. All I have to do is stop vaping and I can throw out my spectacles and I’ll have my beach body back by summer. Thanks for the help everyone, now I gotta go get a pack of smokes so I’m not tempting to start vaping again. To bad Marlboro doesn’t make a strawberry milkshake cig because I’ve really been digging the flavor.

The.Drifter

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit it must be the vaping!!!! I’m having the same issues, and I was blaming myself. I mean I got a crap diet, haven’t been to the eye doctor in years and I was thinking that was the problem. Good thing because I don’t want to eat healthy and I’m keep getting older no matter what I do. All I have to do is stop vaping and I can throw out my spectacles and I’ll have my beach body back by summer. Thanks for the help everyone, now I gotta go get a pack of smokes so I’m not tempting to start vaping again. To bad Marlboro doesn’t make a strawberry milkshake cig because I’ve really been digging the flavor.

Strange thing tho.... it also happened around the time I started vaping..... my sense of taste came back, my sense of smell came back, I didn't get coughing fits first thing in the morning, I didn't hack up phlegm anymore and I could breath better :huh:

Only thing I can figure is it's gotta be the vaping :D

Guess I'll just stick with vaping and die as a blind, toothless, wrinkled, fat, old bastard who can breath better :(

Rooster Cogburn

Memento Mori
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Strange thing tho.... it also happened around the time I started vaping..... my sense of taste came back, my sense of smell came back, I didn't get coughing fits first thing in the morning, I didn't hack up phlegm anymore and I could breath better :huh:

Only thing I can figure is it's gotta be the vaping :D

Guess I'll just stick with vaping and die as a blind, toothless, wrinkled fat old bastard who can breath better :(
Son of a bitch, same thing happened to me. You know what, just to be safe and because I like this strawberry milkshake I’m vaping, I may just stick to vaping. With my luck I’d stop vaping and wouldn’t lose all that VG weight and would continue to age like a normal human being. Besides if I gain too much weight I can just breathe less. I have a theory that it’s not the inhaled VG causing my weight gain its inhaling delicious smells. Seems like anytime someone bakes some chocolate chip cookies I inhale that smell (and some cookies) and I gain weight. It’s just a theory so by all means don’t just start vaping again until I can figure this out. I don’t want to come on this forum with hairbrained idea and start spreading that garbage. Not until I figure out for sure.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
lol, you guys are kill'n me.

I am not blaming it on calories in vaping, if there even are any. but, it could be like people who smoke xxx, they get the munchies and gain weight, perhaps. when I smoked xxx, I was the opposite = food :blech:.
now, I may be getting the munchies from vaping.

MODERATED FOR DRUG REFERENCE

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
lol, you guys are kill'n me.

I am not blaming it on calories in vaping, if there even are any. but, it could be like people who smoke xxx, they get the munchies and gain weight, perhaps. when I smoked xxx, I was the opposite = food :blech:.
now, I may be getting the munchies from vaping.

Not a problem.
Ya can vape most any flavor of munchies and never eat again, so BIG WEIGHT LOSS!! :D

Snap783.jpg

VU Sponsors