Become a Patron!

Is vaping a safe replacement for smoking?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_ro...cle_51ee0860-4bb4-11e7-b1d4-8758446de222.html

First off thats a loaded question.
Chewing gum isn't a SAFE replacement for smoking.
Nothing is SAFE.

"The presence of nicotine in e-cigarettes concerns Carter. Nicotine, a substance found in tobacco, elevates a smoker's mood and suppresses the appetite.

Nicotine is known to damage blood vessels and lead to heart disease, Carter says. A 2013 study found that nicotine chewed through cells found in the heart and led to atherosclerosis — plaque that builds up in arteries.

"The patients that are at risk for heart attacks or strokes or cardiovascular disease, that is still a huge factor when nicotine is being consumed," Carter says."

"In the smoking cessation program, patients usually use a combination of behavioral therapy and nicotine replacement.

For nicotine replacement, a pill, patch or gum is used to cut down on cravings.

"If you’re out taking that walk and you’re still thinking about that cigarette, here is that piece of gum to help get you over that hump," Carter says."

So which is it???

Is Nicotine is known to damage blood vessels and lead to heart disease, and leave you at at risk for heart attacks or strokes or cardiovascular disease, that is still a huge factor when nicotine is being consumed.

OR

Is nicotine replacement, a pill, patch or gum is used to cut down on cravings. and here is that piece of gum to help get you over that hump???

Because you can't have it both fucking ways and these people must be pretty fucking stupid if they think anyone with the least bit of common sense are not going to see this when they read the article. - 5150

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's safer because you are not consuming the OTHER chemicals nd substances created when burning tobacco.

Yeah the nic is still being consume possibly in higher quantities with vaping.... so it's not a SAFE alternative.. just SAFER.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The entire world is getting fat. East Asia, SE Asia, Africa, places that have been slim are now getting big. The whole damn planet is faced with an epidemic. We're bombarded with warnings, advice and quackery non-stop about how to lose weight. People are eating gluten free, organic, weeds, rocks and god knows what else and they're still big. If nicotine suppresses appetite, they should be pushing it on people. The long-term health problems from being over-weight are known and they're serious. Compare that with the long-term effects of nicotine. It's a no brainer.

Fucking wankers.

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
And I actually find that nicotine has little or nothing to do with smoking addiction -- it's only when nicotine is consumed WITH all that other shit, that it's truly addictive. I've tried patches, the highest level offered, and it did NOTHING!!!!!! to stop cravings... but it sure as hell did make me sick, both physically and mentally! And now I'm down to 3mg nicotine with vaping, but after nearly 3 yrs of NOT smoking, and NOT craving, I really doubt that I'm "addicted" to that minuscule level of nicotine. I daresay I could do without it much easier than without my morning cup or two of caffeinated tea.

These people who have these earthshattering cardiovascular illnesses... they could just vape without nicotine, and still get 99% of vaping's benefit for avoiding smoking cigarettes.

THAT is the fact that these total fucking morons don't even consider.

Andria

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Again, nothing is better for you than just plain old fashioned fresh air.

And even that is getting hard to find!

But sure as the sun comes up in the morning, vaping os one HELL OF A LOT BETTER FOR YOU THAN SMOKING!

I had a 40 year smoking habit. Tried the Gum, Patch, and the Laser thing. Then I tried the PILL which made me want to slit my wrist as it made me so freaking depressed.

Then I won a local radio contest and received some vape gear and E-Liquids (BTW I don't like the term E-Juice because it sounds like we are selling the stuff to kids)

In two weeks with vaping I quit tobacco and never went back (except for one time and I got really sick at the first puff)

The only drawback is that about two weeks after I stopped, my sense of smell came back and I NEEDED TO HAVE MY CAR SHAMPOO'd to get the stench out!

And my Doc's like my test results much better after I started vaping!

VU Sponsors