Become a Patron!

Is Vaping a Kind of Fashion?

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
yes its another social thread from me and was wondering.

i never had much money to buy mods in different colors to match my clothes or my mood and when u buy used mods color isnt really something u can pick on. but i have sneakers that i match with my mood and what i wear.

my friend has ALL the colors from the relx pod just to match his clothes as they are in expensive. he has a set for formal wear as he works in a office. he does match his mod with his clothes and also his mood. hes said that a watch was just made to tell time in till swatch changed all that.

not gonna lie he kinda hit the spot on for me and i didnt even notice i was falling behind. here i am looking at my pair of turbo green air jordan 1s and then my mod saying "dudes got a point".

what do u think?

Smigo

Gold Contributor
Member For 2 Years
yes its another social thread from me and was wondering.

i never had much money to buy mods in different colors to match my clothes or my mood and when u buy used mods color isnt really something u can pick on. but i have sneakers that i match with my mood and what i wear.

my friend has ALL the colors from the relx pod just to match his clothes as they are in expensive. he has a set for formal wear as he works in a office. he does match his mod with his clothes and also his mood. hes said that a watch was just made to tell time in till swatch changed all that.

not gonna lie he kinda hit the spot on for me and i didnt even notice i was falling behind. here i am looking at my pair of turbo green air jordan 1s and then my mod saying "dudes got a point".

what do u think?
Well, was browsing Sourcemore last night and actually saw a good price, with the take off 30% code at the time, a Wismec Tinker 2 (water proof dust proof etc) mod which the tinkers are supposed to be based on Nike runners there and it the ones left were in grey and Green. I think it might be worth a look. I had my finger on the trigger and if it had not been for the C19 thing here and thinking I might soon need to have some extra cash, I reckon I'd have hit the put it in my cart button and got it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess it all depends on the person. If matching is a real concern or not. I'm the last person to give fashion advice. Nothing matches, except my socks. I wear whatever I feel like because it's comfortable, no shits given about matching. My vape stuff is the same way, I try to choose them based on performance. If one tank looks 'cooler' than another but the funky looking one is touted for better flavor or less prone to leaking, that's the one I get. Whatever mod has better performance or specs, along with hand feel (because I have to use it). I might choose one color over another. A lot my mods are black. All but the smok alien I have in silver and the drag 2's resin panel (though the mod is black). Some atomizers are black, some are silver/stainless. Whatever goes with whatever for me. lol. But everyone's free to do as they like, if it makes them happy and taking a function hit is worth getting their match game on point, knock themselves out. Some matching setups or matching with clothes can look nice no doubt. But I can't taste 'matching'.

Ruppy_bear

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i remember my friend sometimes would say things like TASTEFUL matched, STYLED and words like that to describe himself when it comes to matching lol.

i also believe that u can never go wrong with some colors, but im not sure if that applies with your mod matching your outfit?

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
I saw the title of this thread and thought, well, what an odd question, but now I find myself wanting to put in my two cents!

Where "matching" matters to me is mostly within the rig itself. It isn't just color, though, it's size, shape, texture, balance, and function. I want a tank to be the right color for a mod, but it also has to work in all those other ways, too. I like using the same brand together when I can, so GV tanks on GV mods, that sort of thing. I like using the same kind of tank on multiples of the same kind of mod, so for example, both my Detonators have Smok Resa Prince tanks on them.

I have two Luna squonkers, and they do not carry the same type of RDA, and it makes me cringe every time I see the two of them sitting there on the shelf together, looking mis-matched.

I'm OCD as hell when it comes to this sort of thing, and every time something new comes, I play with all of it to get the whole collection balanced again. Right fit, right look, right function, and every piece matters, right down to a drip tip.

Keeps me out of other trouble. :)

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I match what works best together mostly but do appreciate some curb appeal. Currently running a couple ass ugly setups but they work and work well.

joha_wa_alhimar

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Personally, it bothers me if my setup isn't matchy matchy, so I have to say that, for me, it's definitely a kind of fashion. At very least it's tangential to fashion.

Other than this, I'd have to say it depends on the person. Vapes can definitely be an accessory of sorts, and there are many out there that look very nice, all sorts of colors and styles, etc. but naturally not everyone would see them as such. For example, I like my setups to match, but I've never tried to match them to my outfit.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
This IMO is what has to match.
Watch, Belt, Shoes, Hat, Glasses and/or Sunglasses

Shirt has to be complimentary or direct match also.

Everything else. Subjective, except black belt/brown shoes or brown belt/black shoes. This is grounds for a firm slap in the face. If you do it, you deserve it.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I sometimes match things but its not a big deal to me. Most of the mods I carry around get beat up and look pretty rugged. I do have the stuff to match things a lot of the time but I said, I don't really care a lot of the time. *hits a white Flow Prow w/pink drip tip, sitting on a camo Puxos mod*

Ms. Trixy

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
This IMO is what has to match.
Watch, Belt, Shoes, Hat, Glasses and/or Sunglasses

Shirt has to be complimentary or direct match also.

Everything else. Subjective, except black belt/brown shoes or brown belt/black shoes. This is grounds for a firm slap in the face. If you do it, you deserve it.

Yeah. But if you're all svelte in black slacks, shoes, belt and a tasteful shirt, I don't think you want to pull out a blue mod with a stainless atomizer and green drip tip. It's the finishing touches that make you look like a hot vaper IMO. Mine match my clothes. And I get compliments. I like that. That is, whenever I go out. Even at home I keep the more brighter color crazy mods and matching tanks so I can find them. lol

VU Sponsors