Become a Patron!

Is this lying?

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
Ok, so I buy pre built coils, cause I like to use an rda or an rdta but too lazy to built anymore....
Some time ago I bought a kit with 8 of almost every coil type there is...
Except some fucking crazy staggered shit...
Soo I just thought to check the coils...
Every type except the alien is built correctly...
The alien was just a flat wire wrapped with some very slim wire around it...
As far as I know, an alien should have three wires inside it, not a flat one...
I can't complain, it was cheap, and it is actually good American kanthal, not some shady Chinese shit tasting one...
But is this 100% lying? Does it make a huge difference?

TxThumper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sounds more like a staple Clapton, but i'm no expert on claptons. i was told that for it to be an alien, the outer wire has to be wrapped around, then taken off, and rewrapped the opposite direction, so the outer wire is wavy.

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
sounds more like a staple Clapton, but i'm no expert on claptons. i was told that for it to be an alien, the outer wire has to be wrapped around, then taken off, and rewrapped the opposite direction, so the outer wire is wavy.
???? dude I have no clue, it just says "Alien Clapton" but it was what I described above

MaxPerilous

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Ya, the chinese have a dif definition of "alien" than what is widely accepted on this forum. Example of what
i would NOT consider an Alien...

e8FmnBX.jpg

Flat wire, claptoned. I believe this is what is generally accepted as a stapled clapton. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
Ya, the chinese have a dif definition of "alien" than what is widely accepted on this forum. Example of what
i would NOT consider an Alien...

e8FmnBX.jpg

Flat wire, claptoned. I believe this is what is generally accepted as a stapled clapton. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
OK I'm just confused... I don't know...
I think they just took a shortcut with the Clapton because most people wouldn't notice

Sent from my FRD-L09 using Tapatalk

Canadian Vaper

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
The alien was just a flat wire wrapped with some very slim wire around it...
This is what most Chinese manufactures think an Alien is, some get it right and others call regular aliens "S alien"

It's a flat clapton, they are actually pretty decent vape though.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Lots of premades use shortcuts like that. Using fatter than normal wrap wires, using spaces on wrap wires where they don't traditionally belong, using ribbon wire instead of round for the cores, using ribbon wire as the wrap and calling it a clapton (when it's more like a sloppy tiger coil). They like to cheap out and go the lazy route while retaining the catchy name.

If it vapes fine, great. However vaping fine or tasting good doesn't make an apple an orange. It's still an apple.

GeorgeTz6

Member For 2 Years
Lots of premades use shortcuts like that. Using fatter than normal wrap wires, using spaces on wrap wires where they don't traditionally belong, using ribbon wire instead of round for the cores, using ribbon wire as the wrap and calling it a clapton (when it's more like a sloppy tiger coil). They like to cheap out and go the lazy route while retaining the catchy name.

If it vapes fine, great. However vaping fine or tasting good doesn't make an apple an orange. It's still an apple.
you know,its good kanthal, its good price, a lot of coils, and all the other ones are fine... cant complain... they vape great...

VU Sponsors