Become a Patron!

Is this guy right?

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Is this actually what so many people have been preparing for?

This showed up as a suggested video, I had to watch as it seemed like click bait. As a Canadian, I don't follow what the FDA is doing that closely, thought some of you might know what's up.

Last edited:

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jai's about the drama imo. You can always tell because that's how it always begins.. "not to be dramatic but..." enter drama. I do think Matt's opinions on it were a lot more level headed. I rarely see Jai talk about advocacy, Matt talks about it often as does Grimm Green and Matt from SMM's yt channel he's done interviews with lawyers dealing with this stuff. Seems a bit more in touch with reality.

I don't know that the FDA isn't appealing, the ruling just came down the other day. 10mo was just a timeline that got spitballed but when both the groups suing the FDA and the FDA got together they agreed on 10mo. The FDA was concerned it's not a realistic timeline so they may appeal. What started as an 8-8-16 deadline got pushed back to like 2022, then moved up a bit. Health groups got together and sued the FDA for not following procedure, said pushing the date back was unlawful. So now they've agreed on 10mo. There still isn't any strict guidelines like 'do this, this and this' for the pmta, but the FDA is apparently working with companies who are at least trying. Giving guidance on what sort of stuff they should submit for a serious approval review. The cost of PMTA's isn't cheap, anywhere from tens to hundreds of thousands per product.

As Matt (SMM) also pointed out, anyone this is affecting, people in the industry, shops, juice makers etc should already have been prepping and had a clue. If they act surprised they've had their head buried in the sand. People panicked last time 3yrs ago and the sky didn't fall.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Jai's about the drama imo. You can always tell because that's how it always begins.. "not to be dramatic but..." enter drama. I do think Matt's opinions on it were a lot more level headed. I rarely see Jai talk about advocacy, Matt talks about it often as does Grimm Green and Matt from SMM's yt channel he's done interviews with lawyers dealing with this stuff. Seems a bit more in touch with reality.

I don't know that the FDA isn't appealing, the ruling just came down the other day. 10mo was just a timeline that got spitballed but when both the groups suing the FDA and the FDA got together they agreed on 10mo. The FDA was concerned it's not a realistic timeline so they may appeal. What started as an 8-8-16 deadline got pushed back to like 2022, then moved up a bit. Health groups got together and sued the FDA for not following procedure, said pushing the date back was unlawful. So now they've agreed on 10mo. There still isn't any strict guidelines like 'do this, this and this' for the pmta, but the FDA is apparently working with companies who are at least trying. Giving guidance on what sort of stuff they should submit for a serious approval review. The cost of PMTA's isn't cheap, anywhere from tens to hundreds of thousands per product.

As Matt (SMM) also pointed out, anyone this is affecting, people in the industry, shops, juice makers etc should already have been prepping and had a clue. If they act surprised they've had their head buried in the sand. People panicked last time 3yrs ago and the sky didn't fall.

Well said. It's because of the sky is falling drama from Jai that I don't watch him and wasn't aware of Matt's take on it.

Synphul

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Jai has a new vid out now where he went back over some of what he said. He mentioned he watched Matt's vid on it and some of what he's saying he's kind of reversed his views on vs the previous vid. He's also making it more clear on his opinions as a shop vs a vaper/consumer. I can imagine it'd hit shops harder if it reduces what they can sell. A lot of shops already struggle, this will just make it worse for them.

A lot of ideas to keep kids from vaping sound good but assume they're successful. Kids back when I was a kid would do all sorts of dumb stuff to get to what they weren't supposed to have. Shit that was more dangerous than the thing they were prevented from doing in the first place. Are there going to be kids cannibalizing laptop batteries or power tool batt packs and yanking the solder crap off (with lord knows what), rigging them with duct tape to coils somehow using flashlights - and ultimately causing a rise in battery disasters? Like great, we cut youth vaping by x% but now due to homemade crap devices that are really unsafe kids burnt and jacked from venting batteries are landing 30-40% more youth in the hospital.

IcepickMaker84

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Looks like our time in the sun is done. Big tobacco wins and we get hosed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's because of the sky is falling drama from Jai

I watched a few minutes if this BS the other day when it was live. A couple of things stood out drastically and the 1st was Jai saying he is all about the money~! Second was how many people were joining and just giving him money so they could comment. Hazers or Hosers?

Edit: If vaping is done in 10 months Jai will have to close both stores.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I can imagine it'd hit shops harder if it reduces what they can sell.
As it currently stands, after next May it will not be legal to sell or import any vape product not sold in the USA prior to Feb 2007.
Unless they have a a PMTA approval or have submitted for PMTA approval.
After next May any products with pending PMTA's can be sold until May 2021 or until their PMTA is declined, whichever is first.
Of course if they are approved they can continue to be sold.

Enforcement is supposed to kick in next May. how fast and hard that happens is anyone's guess.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors