Become a Patron!

Is there a way to quickly steep e liquid?

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I just got 60ml of Vader Puddin from MLV, it's a vanilla custard e juice, and everyone I talk to in Canada touts this as the best liquid in the Country blah blah. However when I opened it up and took a wiff, I was hit with a very very bitter/barely vanilla-ish smell that honestly turned me off completely. I'm on a tight budget, and I vaped through all of my SpaceJam ( RIP $20 15ml bottles of GOLD) so I'm kinda forced to use this stuff. I put it in my tank and took a puff, tasted creamy on the exhale but almost made me vomit on the exhale! It was the same terrible smell except it was magnified by 10x and it was stuck in my mouth. Needless to say I was pissed, bought some funky looking green stuff and smoked that instead for a couple days while I let the bottles of Vader Puddin air out.

After 2 days of leaving them in my desk with the covers cracked open, the bitterness and terrible smell/taste is gone, but I can tell it's still not even close to steeped. The flavour I'm getting off of it is very inconsistent... sometimes it's an extreme vanilla flavour with a hint of that bitterness in it ( not too bad), sometimes it tastes just like plain cream(or custard idk?), and sometimes there's barely any flavour at all.

Everyone says this stuff is normal a lot better after at least 3 weeks- a month of steeping, but I can't afford to buy the premium stuff right now that you can just vape out of the shop, so my question is if there is any way I can speed up the steeping process to get the flavours to come together and even out?

Sorry for the unnecessary amount of reading I put you through but thanks a lot in advance for any help!

TL;DR - I can't spare any other juice for a week or 2 and this vanilla custard stuff tastes very inconsistent and I've been told it needs about a month to steep, any suggestions on how I can speed up the steeping process?

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Heating it is the only way I know to do it quickly. You can use a pan of hot water on stove.. or an ultrasonic cleaner.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sweet, I'm glad I paid the extra 1.50 for the glass bottle then =D I'll try heating it up.

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Should you let some air at the liquid before putting it in the crock pot, or can you just heat up a new bottle?

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You can just toss it in there. Plastic or glass. You could open the top if you wish if you think there is some alcohol in the juice you think that's needs to escape .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HFXVapes

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I only ask because from what I've read about steeping, the first step people say is letting air get at the liquid for a couple of days.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No air in the heat! If there is alcohol in the flavoring uncap for max of 24 hours but not when it's in the crockpot.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've also read somewhere I can't remember where now for the life of me. That separating the large bottle into smaller bottles helps as well.

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
Eh there are ways but I would stay away from the breathing and high heat method for several hours. People forget to mention that if you breath a bottle of juice, do it for 10 - 20 minutes at a time, for a full duration of 4-6 hrs. Don't let your juice sit with a open cap for that whole period of time, worse if its even longer. Heat is fine, here again above 149F is not recommended.

If you don't have a ultrasonic cleanser with heater, follow steps below:

Heat water in a pan/pot/microwave/crockpot/slow cooker/water cooker/coffee maker, whatever gets that job done lol.
Place bottles into a container, anything works but I recommend steel, since it holds the temperature longer otherwise you'll have to repeat the steps more often.
Grab a thermostat and check the water temperature, if its between 80-148 you're good to go, fill the container with water, cover and let stand for 30-45 minutes, if you used glass or plastic containers you'll have to check every 15-20 minutes.
If the water cooled down, swap the water.
Rinse and repeat for 2-4 hrs, depending on the result you like to archive. However, after every 2 or 3 circles, shake the bottles, open them and let stand for 5 minutes. Close, shake and back in the water they go.

After you're done, fill a small amount into a other bottle, so you can use it. Place and store remaining in a dark/cool place, for example closed cupboards, bookshelf, closet etc. No need to box it, but you could if you feel the need or just want to age it even longer.

In general tho, while quick steep works in most cases, doing it the slower way brings better results in comparison. Custards are tricky and a 50/50 chance to turn out great after a quick steep, or turn into quite opposite. Gl

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know I'm probably in a minority of one, but I don't even bother pre-mixing anymore: I just compose my juices on the fly.

I always carry 5 or 6 bottles of 5-10% concentrate, a 15 ml bottle of 18mg VG nic base (at least I used to before I quit vaping nic), and a 15 ml bottle of straight VG. The bottles for the nic base and the VG are Zippo bottles because they're extremely quick to open and close, and VG is thick enough that the bottles don't leak even after months of use. I leave the concentrates in their original 10 ml bottles to avoid wasting any of it.

Depending on the atomizer's capacity and my fancy of the moment, I just mix the drops each time I refill the atty.

For instance: say, I use a Mesh RDA (15 drops capacity), I want medium strength nic and strong strawberry flavor: that's 2 drops of strawberry concentrate, 2 drops of nic, 11 drops of VG. If I want less nic, that's 2 drops of concentrate, 1 drop of nic and 12 drops of VG. No nic, fainter flavor is 1 drop of concentrate and 14 drops of VG. Straight VG,

If I use a TYPhon RDA (10 drops capacity), then the nic hits harder and the flavor is stronger: harsh nic and good flavor is 1 concentrate, 2 nic and 7 VG. Medium nic and more muted flavor is 1 concentrate, 1 nic and 8 VG. Vanilla-strawberry, medium nic is 1 vanilla, 1 strawberry, 1 nic and 7 VG.

Etc etc. You get the picture. You can also adjust the nic hit and flavor power more subtly by adjusting how much VG you add - i.e. not filling up the atty quite completely, leaving out 1 or 2 drops of VG for the final fill.

When you do that enough, you quickly learn instinctively what it's gonna taste like the second you're done mixing and you take the first toke. Also, just like regular dripping, your hands end up working on instinct, so it's not remotely the hassle it appears to be.

The advantages of my method:

1/ You have countless flavor/nic combinations at your disposal in a very small carrying case.

2/ No more mixing juices, waiting forever for steeping, being disappointed at the result, or ending up with old underused juices that go bad over time. Make up and taste your own recipes on the spot every 2 minutes.

3/ The VG "filler" goes the fastest. So before you leave in the morning, take a glance at the bottle of VG and you'll know how much you have left to vape for the day. Worst case scenario, you run out of nic or one flavor concentrate, but you're never left without any juice. It just reduces your choices of recipes.

Give it a try for a couple of weeks, you'll see how convenient it is.

Moniker

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I just throw the bottles in a ziploc bag throw the ziploc bag in a plastic bag and tie it off. Then I throw in a sink full of warm water until the water becomes tepid. After all that I shake the crap out of it.

VU Sponsors