Become a Patron!

Is there a wattage limit on tanks?

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Given any specific tank i.e. My RTA The Troll by motofo - is there a maximum wattage you can run it at? Or is this all based on the coil.

Are some RTA's coil specific or can you slap any old coil in RTA and run at any wattage that your mod can handle (given that its appropriate for the coil) perfectly fine?

Edit - Also, can you run a single coil in dual coil tanks if you prevent leaking?

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Given any specific tank i.e. My RTA The Troll by motofo - is there a maximum wattage you can run it at? Or is this all based on the coil.

Use any coil you want, at whatever power you like.

Are some RTA's coil specific or can you slap any old coil in RTA and run at any wattage that your mod can handle (given that its appropriate for the coil) perfectly fine?

Yup

Edit - Also, can you run a single coil in dual coil tanks if you prevent leaking?

Yup

Zyed

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

Use any coil you want, at whatever power you like.

Yup

Yup
thanks so much :)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
It's based on the coil. Premade coils have a suggested wattage, but that is only suggested. Like if the coil says 50 to 75w.. don't fire it at 200w. lol but 90 might be fine.
Some tanks have an RBA (rebuildable atomizer) that allows you to make your own coils. The larger the coil (mass) the more power you will need to vape on it. If the tank starts getting warm, lower the power or let the mod sit for 10 minutes to cool down. (this is usually because your coil is to close to the outer wall of the RBA)
RTAs are pretty much coil specific, so you buy premade coils or an RBA coil specific to your tank. IE Kanger coils will not work on Aspire tanks and visa versa.

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
139.78 Watts.

It's all about the coil. Material your tanks made of as well and heat dissipation. You can run anything maxed out but will it be a good vape is the problem

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
For RTAs, you've reached your wattage limit when the cotton burns. :cheers:
9CcIfqA.jpg

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Looks like Satan throat fucking that guy. I Vape high wattage but there are as many if not more techniques and tricks for vaping high wattage as tootle puffers have for low wattage.

It depends heavily on wicking material, juice, wicking technique, atomizer, heat flux, coils (type, size, and inner diameter) air flow, atomizer size, shape of atomizer, material used. That's just scratching the surface.

If you looking to vape high wattage I'd suggest learning to build coils and using an RDA. Tanks can be used but you've got much more control using an RDA. I vape at around 120 average. I would much rather use tubes series and parallel mods. I like regulated to an extent, but if I was stranded on an island with a power source I'd much rather a hybrid tube, and a parallel box mod like the geekvape mech pro. I like the way the mech pro looks. Very simple, mechanical not unregulated.

Best mod to try and get your feet wet with mechanical and building for unregulated by far is the wismec noisy cricket 2. The only good wismec products are the indestructible, nuetron, nc1 nc2, skyladon, and rxmachina. The skyladon is much better Imo than the machina. The looks of the machina are better no doubt but the versatility of the skyladon is the clear winner.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
The unofficial wattage limit is 222.5 watts under the point at which pressing the fire button lights the wicking material on fire.

You laugh, but its been done by at least 2 people on this Board today...

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome @Zyed and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Might want to choose carefully when receiving suggestions and take them for what they are worth. If it is just hearsay or what someone has read or watched in a review is something to consider. I have heard many things from people that are totally incorrect about MOD's and tanks I actually own so if it isn't first hand personal experience it is worthless to me.

VU Sponsors