Become a Patron!

Is the Desire Cut a reliable squonker???

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Wanting to pick up a vw squonk but don't want to pay Topside prices. I missed out on a good deal on the Pulse 80w earlier though I'm still a little leery about it because I've read so many people having issues with leaking. Found a killer deal on the Desire Cut but wanted to find out everyone's thoughts on it before pulling the trigger. My biggest concern is leaking of course. I did watch a Jai Haze video on it and he complained it's awkward to hold. But he complains about everything. So there's that.

Is it a good buy???

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have enjoyed mine. I picked it up when they were selling them dirt cheap around Christmas and it has been in my rotation since.
I have had no issues at all with mine. I also thought it would be awkward because where the placement is of the bottle and cut out. However it wasn't as much of a big deal as I thought. IMO it is a great mod for the price. Now I haven't had any of the leaking on my Pulse X or Pulse Duel either and have liked both of those as well.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have enjoyed mine. I picked it up when they were selling them dirt cheap around Christmas and it has been in my rotation since.
I have had no issues at all with mine. I also thought it would be awkward because where the placement is of the bottle and cut out. However it wasn't as much of a big deal as I thought. IMO it is a great mod for the price. Now I haven't had any of the leaking on my Pulse X or Pulse Duel either and have liked both of those as well.

Thanks for the input. So what was dirt cheap?

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
That's a great deal shipped. I've got two. Had 1 but broke it. Only used it 5 minutes but knew I needed another. But 3fvape had a sale a while back for 12.99

So would you say that's the best deal going right now on a good squonk?

The Pulse 80w was on sale for around $32 shipped but they were sold out before I saw the deal. And as I said just a little leery on that one

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Went ahead and ordered one. Only thing is the color choice was purple or purple. I don't have a problem with purple. But if it's a shade of purple I don't like there are wraps available for it.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

MrMeowgi

The Vapin' Drummer
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Went ahead and ordered one. Only thing is the color choice was purple or purple. I don't have a problem with purple. But if it's a shade of purple I don't like there are wraps available for it.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR
Lol I've got two of the purple

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Lol I've got two of the purple

So is it a cool shade of purple? I have a green Nudge 22 that I'm selling. May keep it and make it a Grave Digger theme.

140bd1fce321b3c1749e6aa02365b42e.jpg

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
*raises bullhorn* "PURPLE PEOPLE EATING DORKS! GO HOME TO MARS WHERE YOU BELONG! WE WILL BUILD THE WALL! YES WE WILL!"

*drops bullhorn and ambles off into the vaporous mists*

:wave::giggle::zombie::coffee:

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Tap'd from my iPhone XR
I also got a purple one and I use a gold Drop on it. Looks good IMO.
The purple will grow on you, I was surprised how much I ended up liking the color.

nadalama

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Patreon
Mine is also purple, and also doing great. Like it with a 24mm black rda like the TT Morphe. Nudge may look a little anemic on it, but hey, we all like different things. :)

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Mine is also purple, and also doing great. Like it with a 24mm black rda like the TT Morphe. Nudge may look a little anemic on it, but hey, we all like different things. :)

All of my bf attys are 22. I only do single coil.

Tap'd from my iPhone XR

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I also got one when they were on the big Xmas sale, wish I'd bought more.
It's as good as most anything I have for squonking. Very comfortable, esp. since I vape lefty. But, it's pretty ambidextrous due do the angular body. Finish is buttery smooth.

Wish they left out the vape-logo-light and made a larger screen instead, but it is what it is. :)

Only thing I've noticed is it seems to guzzle 18650s. Works best with the 21700s IMO, some fit a bit tight though. I made a little ribbon-thing to help get them out. They go in best straight-in, not angled.

IMG_0210.JPG

Bottle seems like one of the YFTK thicker-silicone types with nice knurling, love it. No leaks. The bend in the tube doesn't seem to affect anything.

I wanted a purple too! Got the black/red:

IMG_5157.jpg

Rockin' with a Flave 24 Tank and a single VV MTL Ni80 build at 0.38Ω and 30W

Last edited:

VU Sponsors