Become a Patron!

Is super high wattage the future???

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I am seeing a trend in vaping. Seems like all of the new devices that are of decent quality are high wattage. Pushing at least 50w. But most in the 75w or higher range. Where does this leave vapers like me who rarely go above 25w??? Most of the lower wattage devices are not of the best quality. Dare I say a good percentage of them are junk. With the exception of Provari. Which unfortunately hits the "almost too low" threshold of power. These manufactures need to realize that not everyone is a sub-ohm vaper. That not everyone wants a 200w TC device. I hate to see them drive away what is a big chunk of their business in favor of catering to trendy vaping and cloud chasing. Basically a bigger dick contest. Those of us that vape at lower wattage still need to have quality devices to choose from. It is almost like a 30w device these days is a starter/throw-away piece.

cascadian

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No... you are not seeing a trend in vaping. What you are seeing is a similar evolution in technology and product offerings to what has occurred in almost all consumer electronics. From CD players, to cell phones, to TVs. They all followed similar growth patterns where at times there seemed to be a lack of availability in the low to mid range devices and an excess in the high feature, high end range. There was a 2 year period of time where not a single manufacturer introduced any new models of televisions that were less than 27" in size. With continued growth of the industry there in turn will be a additional products meant to appeal to the non enthusiast but high end vaper. I think the large number of mid quality devices being introduced in the mid Watt range like the Kanger Subox kit, Wismec Presa, Joyetech eVic VT and IPV D2 is signalling that the market is starting to shift again. Pre-orders and sales of these devices have been strong and manufacturers will notice. There won't be 30W devices but 40-60W devices will be around in mass for years to come.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Im with ya.....
But, I can see where they have to cater to the trends.
Like Temp Control..... While right this minute I could care less about it, I would not mind owning a mod that can do it so if price is no different I pick the one that can do both.

High power mods require Large power source.
So while I may never vape above 25w.... I love a mod that can go 2-3 days between charging !
( And if they made a mod with a 6000mah battery, why would you cut out half of your market by limiting it to 25w ? Low power users can ALWAYS turn it down.)

While I believe there is a niche market for high quality low power mods.....
I also believe that most will look at a $100.00 price tag and think, "I can have a 25w Mod that looks and works great ..... or I can have the Latest/Greatest TC, Ni, Ti, 200w Flame thrower, car starter, Blue Tooth, Software access, blah, blah, blah for $75.00....."

What I really dont get.....
50w and above mods that use a single Battery requiring high power Sub ohmers to carry multiple spare Batteries... when most are marketed to that exact customer by pairing them with Sub ohm gear !
How long will a 2500mah battery last using a dual coil rig @ .5 ohms and 50w ?

But then again....
Maybe its all lost on me cuz Im a "Utility Vaper".
Russian 91% clone, single coil, 28g 10 wrap / 1.2 ohms , cotton yarn, 15w and a iStick 50w is my daily driver.
No fuss no muss....
Easy to rebuild and maintain even on the go... get 2 days on a charge.... and it has kept me off the 2-pack a day cig habit.

Thats all I need really......

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
i think wattage just sells more units, like horsepower sells cars. Tc is coming on big time

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I am still convinced that someday there will be a new atomizer technology that will require the higher power devices to drive them.

pdasterly

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
unless a new wire is invented or something i think lower watts is way to go, at some point we will be smoking instead of vaping

kwtony

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My evic VT box has never seen higher then 420 degree, and even that is too high for most juices. Voltage is solely dependent on the juice and whats inside of it,and of course the build. Anytime you try to go too crazy I think you are just being a fan boy..One juice does not have the same settings as the other, close maybe, but there is always a tweak that can be done. VT gives you a better handle on the tweaking ability and a far superior flavor . :)

That being said, I fully understand that some quad coil setups need a massive amount of power to run..then again..what does one try to accomplish with something like that...a really big cloud/???oooooohhhh aaahhhhhh preeeeeeeety....then what...

This is a single coild 9 wrap, with Ti wire on my subtank black and evic....its quite a sleeper...

8249F227-F26A-4D71-BDC6-CF41DBB2BB76-269-00000026B19F7FDB_zps4dvjv4js.jpg

VU Sponsors