Become a Patron!

Is Smok that bad?

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have had outstanding luck with Kanger mods.
I am however leery of the dual battery non squonk Kanger mods...

the Kanger squonk mods do have their negative points.
One main one being a non adjustable non spring loaded 510 pin.
But that has not been a problem to me. Think I had one atty that would not sit flush...

Some do not like the squonk bottles that Kanger uses.
I have no issue with them and love the east of refilling.
In a year of squonking I think I went thru 4 bottles.
At under $1 each not bad.
And I love the little plugs they come with. 2 filled plugged bottles fits nicely in a 2 battery case.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No mod or circuit board is immune from failure.
DNA circuit boards are good.
However they do not make the mod that the board goes in, which is also very important.
DNA circuit boards may be good, but they are expensive, and, because they are not immune from failure, you need to still also consider spending that extra money twice, i.e. by getting a back up mod to protect yourself against the potential risk of getting stuck as a result from hardware failure, AND, they might become outdated long before they fail. That plus the fact the custom power curves feature of ArticFox is a fuck ton more user-friendly vs the one in EScribe is why I'd still prefer my RX300 even if they did decide to make more 4-battery DNA mods. But I probably should add, I am first and foremost a mech user with a strong preference for the particular kinds of mech that you can basically throw in front of the wheels of a speeding truck and it still works.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
DNA circuit boards may be good, but they are expensive, and, because they are not immune from failure, you need to still also consider spending that extra money twice, i.e. by getting a back up mod to protect yourself against the potential risk of getting stuck as a result from hardware failure
A back up mod is a back up mod. Whether mod 1 is a $30 mod or a $300 mod.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
A back up mod is a back up mod. Whether mod 1 is a $30 mod or a $300 mod.
It is. But the total price diference between two $30 mods and two $300 mods is still a whopping $540, and, a lot of people seem to always want to forget that fact, i.e. a mod that isn't immune is a mod that isn't immune so it is a huge factor in addition to the other arguments I gave outside the part you quoted.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but you don't have to buy 2x$300 mods to have a back up

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, but you don't have to buy 2x$300 mods to have a back up
Well if you buy 1×$300 mod + 1×$30 mod to have a back up, then after your $300 mod breaks, you still more than likely need to spend a lot of cash if you want to replace your broken $300 mod with an equivalent mod or else you haven't factually backed it up.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I guess I need to buy everything in pairs.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get at least 2 of everything I really like vapewise.
Wife will not let me get another woman though...

I got a Smok Alien from my local shop about over a year ago. I was tired of smoking them smelly sticks so instead of buying another pack, the guy at my local shop sold me on the Smok Alien kit. I definitely over paid but I didn't know anything about vaping and he spent a lot of time with me about it so I got the kit, batteries, and a bottle of juice there. Shortly after, I drove up to the Sierras and the altitude caused my tank to leak all over. I didn't know that it'll do that at the time. I got annoyed and went back to smoking.
Beginning of the year, I quit smoking again and pulled out the Alien. It worked fine and it's still working flawlessly. Had a couple of bad coils but that was it. The paint has chipped here and there but no big deal. I should've been more careful with it but the slot that I put it in my car chips the paint a little.
I got an Uwell Nunchaku a few months back and the coils do last longer and a lot more flavorful than the X4 and Q2 that I was using in the Tfv8 Baby Beast.
When the Smok Mesh coils came out, I got them right away. Flavor and coil life is a lot better than the other Smok coils.
So a few weeks ago, I got the Smok Baby X-Priv kit. I wanted it cause of its size and looks great. I've been getting good luck with Smok products till I got this kit. Everything works fine but the 510 connector plate on the mod is tilted causing the tank to sit slightly tilted on the mod. Therefore, one side of the base of the tank sits flush while leaving a slight gap between the base of the tank and top of the mod on the other side. Wtf! It's fine until my OCD kicks in sometimes. Sigh, Smok. This will be my last. Poor quality control.

20180610_204954.jpg

20180610_205657.jpg

The tilt and the gap is minor and is only on this side as the pic shows (sits flush on the opposite side) but it shouldn't be there. Drives my OCD crazy sometimes.
Also, this mod doesn't have screen brightness control and holding both of the adjustment buttons doesn't lock the mod like the Smok Alien and other Smok mods do. Seems to me they tried to skimp out some features as well. Besides those flaws, it works as it should and I still love it.

Edit: btw, the Baby X-Priv kit doesn't come with a Mesh coil... C'mon Smok.

Last edited:

IKOI

Member For 1 Year
Is Smok that bad or do people just love to hate them? they seem to me like the iPhone or Samsung of vaping. They have so much out there and much of it to me anyway looks pretty cool. Is it that many people are just sick of seeing them? My alien did just fry but that was because my crown three leaked juice all through it. So I am looking for a new dual 18650 mod and probably not a Smok one but I don't blame them for needing a new mod in my case. I'm just wondering where all the hate comes form and or why other mods are seen as being better is all.
I have mine for nine months, no issues at all, recently I change my atomizer (PILGRIM GTA/RDTA) for flavor chasing purpose and it was excellent.
35356731_2002358973128179_6253409053683220480_n.jpg

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've heard them called the Wal Mart of vaping.
To each is own. We see this in everything from cars, audio, even the places we live.
Unlike most hobbies, however we must remember the most important aspect of vaping is the importance to stay off cigs.
If it's more expensive, way more expensive than cancer sticks, the non enthusiast will tend to go back to them. Not good.
Nothing is more discouraging than dropping $100+ on a new setup before taxes and e-liquid only to have it break in a week or less. I find mainstream boxes by Vaporesso and even iJoy far superior to Smok. I'm 90% mech and RDA user however I do like the TFV12 for its ability to roar and still have acceptable flavor. It seems like (Smok) releases a new mod or tank nearly every week but they don't have the appeal to me any more since they are just different styles and don't really have any features that stand out from the crowd. (and often the same limitations, i.e. sub par performing chips, etc).

Chokeslam

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Well if you buy 1×$300 mod + 1×$30 mod to have a back up, then after your $300 mod breaks, you still more than likely need to spend a lot of cash if you want to replace your broken $300 mod with an equivalent mod or else you haven't factually backed it up.
I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to point out Evolv's legendary(and rightfully so) customer service.

Evolv officially covers their boards for a year despite whatever warranty the mod maker has. I say officially because they've been known to make repairs far outside of that year window.

I just got a Lost Vape eFusion Duo DNA 200 back from a friend. I bought it over 2 years ago. It had completely stopped working, wouldn't turn on. I opened a ticket with Evolv and they had me send it in. I paid $5 for shipping last Monday, they received it Thursday, fixed and shipped it back out on Friday at their own expense. A $160 mod, far outside of warranty, fixed for the price of one-way shipping.

Reading stories like that is one of the things that got me interested in their boards in the first place, and I just got to experience it myself. Just something that seemed worth pointing out. If you've got a DNA mod, a backup can be anything that'll get you by for the week that it takes to get it repaired.

triakis

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know this is an old post, but I just wanted to point out Evolv's legendary(and rightfully so) customer service.

Evolv officially covers their boards for a year despite whatever warranty the mod maker has. I say officially because they've been known to make repairs far outside of that year window.

I just got a Lost Vape eFusion Duo DNA 200 back from a friend. I bought it over 2 years ago. It had completely stopped working, wouldn't turn on. I opened a ticket with Evolv and they had me send it in. I paid $5 for shipping last Monday, they received it Thursday, fixed and shipped it back out on Friday at their own expense. A $160 mod, far outside of warranty, fixed for the price of one-way shipping.

Reading stories like that is one of the things that got me interested in their boards in the first place, and I just got to experience it myself. Just something that seemed worth pointing out. If you've got a DNA mod, a backup can be anything that'll get you by for the week that it takes to get it repaired.

Evolv CS is great.
Imagine if a Yihi breaks. FW bricked my SX mini. It got fixed fine but it took over two months to get it back!

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

If you buy 2×$40 mods, then you've got your backup AND you've spent only half of that $160 that you mention. Personally I don't like how a DNA mod handles custom power curves, as the curves don't automatically scale with the wattage that you set on the mod whereas with ArcticFox firmware the dots that make up the curve are percentages instead of wattages so they do scale automatically conveniently the moment when you up or down the wattage on the mod... that plus the fact the Reuleaux RX300 uses 4 batteries so it brings to the table the battery life it takes to make high wattage vaping in conjunction with a custom power curve not just possible, but convenient enough to be worth going for IMO despite the added size and weight, albeit I also should repeat I almost always vape on a mech mod these days, and, I hate the kind of vape that I characterize as weak/anemic so that is why I said what I said about using a custom power curve.

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
I got a smok priv v8 a few months ago. (First vape) Already ditched the priv v8. Very shitty as far as durability went. It worked but felt that i could crush it by gripping too hard. Not only did it rattle a bit, the fire bar was kinda lose, and the battery door broke in 3 weeks. I gotta go with everyone that bad mouths smok. Cheap plastic... not worth your hard earned cash.
If thats all you can afford, so be it. I guess its possible you could be one of the lucky few that gets a decent one? Last week my aegis legend showed up and its amazing. And tho im not a fan of tons of settings and a screen(why i liked the v8) this baby is dope and user friendly. Plus the aero mesh coils are 5x better than smok coils. Win win win win in my book. I will recommend to all! Plus it wasnt spendy. Another win!

Long story short, 2 $60 smoks that will get you threw the year is more than a decent mod or kit that last longer. And ive seen they keep adding more gimicky kinda shit like voice command.... dumb dumb dumb..
And if your into a bunch of gay lights, noises, designs, plastic, overpaying for crap, buying crap in general, or mommy is buying it, go for it

The snake skin legend looks classy as fuck too! Imho

Attachments

• 1529897406034-228738396.jpg
    1529897406034-228738396.jpg
    452.1 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Omahog18

Member For 1 Year
When I first switched from pens to box mods, I started with wismec, first a mini, then a RX Gen 3. With the RX, I also got a Smok TFV12 tank, and the increase in flavor was amazing to me. However, I began having issues with leaking, bad leaking. Went into a local shop, where I get my juice, to replace the tank. The guy there recommended an rba deck for tank, instead of replacing the whole tank. I was nervous about doing my own coils, but I went with it. Flavor was off the chart. Shortly after, the Gen 3 began having some issues. I was careless and dropped it a couple of times. So I decided to pick up a new mod. I looked at Smok, because I knew the name from my tank. Went on line, and Smok was everywhere. So I figured they had to he good. I liked the alien, so I watched some YouTube reviews and bought it. Three months, that's how long it lasted, before I started getting the short atomizer and no atomizer messages. Replaced that with a Majesty. Fifty three days, until the dreaded atomizer messages. Tried both of these devices on several different tanks, but no dice. They were dead. So I went back to the drawing board. This time, I didn't just settle on a couple of YouTube videos, from people who probably have incentive to push products. I dug deeper. I went with the Smoant Cylon. Couldn't really find a bad word anywhere about them. I liked the style, and for roughly $60, factoring in shipping, the money was right. Haven't had it long, but so far, it's a damn good mod. I considered their touch screen model, but couldn't see it as a daily mod, using at work. I built custom cabinets, and figured the dust my screw with it. Might pick it up, just to use around the house. Next up, is a good rta. I'm looking at the Geek Vape Zeus dual. I like the top airflow. Not a fan of leaking. Anyway, that's my experience with Smok. Tanks are alright, with rba decks. But I'll never own another one of their mods. Sorry this was so wordy. I enjoy writing as a hobby. Notice I said hobby, only because no one will pay me to do it. Hope this helps someone.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I had really poor luck with Cloupor previously, (they changed the name to Smoant like goliards aka Bohemians aka beatniks aka hippies - you know, change names to keep them confused - the Huns/Mongols did it too ;-)..

Wismec and their RX stuff can just drop dead - I had one, it died: it's the connections to the sled and shitty thin wire. Never Again.

But, I must say: as "Smoant" I am not hearing a damned thing bad. If I did not already have a pair of Hcigar/vt133/DNA200, a YIHI SXmini m-class sx350j and a Gbox200, I might consider their product. I can also add that the Eleaf Istick 100w/tc100w are solidly reliable.

So far as I can tell, (covering years of this stuff), the only UPSIDE to SMOK™ is only their tanks. (And I am never going to desperate enough to test that theory).

The latest "dual coil" I've heard only good about is "The obs engine 2". I'm pretty-well done with duals, (I get twice the hassle and 1/2 the battery life). I think, at this point, I'd just as soon invest in another squonker & cheap RDA like the wasp Nano or the Sxk Basic.

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Had a Smoant work perfectly for months now, which is much longer than any Smok or Wismec has lasted...if that's any consolation. If your into temp control (which I'm not) it does as good a job as my DNA mods, without all the hassle of changing setting on a PC....fuck that.

Omahog18

Member For 1 Year
I'm currently running a Smok XBaby, with an rba deck. Before that, it was the TFV12, with the same set up. So dual coils is what I'm familiar with. One of the big selling points of the GeekVape dual for me, is that it can run single or dual, which allows me to experiment and see which way I prefer. I'm more about flavor, than I am clouds. However, I am a former smoker, so I need some cloud to feel like I'm achieving something. It's a mind thing. Can't explain it.

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
I'm currently running a Smok XBaby, with an rba deck. Before that, it was the TFV12, with the same set up. So dual coils is what I'm familiar with. One of the big selling points of the GeekVape dual for me, is that it can run single or dual, which allows me to experiment and see which way I prefer. I'm more about flavor, than I am clouds. However, I am a former smoker, so I need some cloud to feel like I'm achieving something. It's a mind thing. Can't explain it.
How long have you had the xbaby?
First mod or a gift i hope?

Omahog18

Member For 1 Year
How long have you had the xbaby?
First mod or a gift i hope?
I've had it a couple of months.

I didn't purchase it on it's own. It came with the Majesty, which I mentioned before. It's not a horrible tank. The Smok coils for it are horrible, but as I said, I have an rba deck on it. The deck is kinda small, not real easy to get claptons in it. But it works.

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Oh yeah my bad. Ditch it and either sell both to some sucker or keep it for an emergency back up. Just my .02

Omahog18

Member For 1 Year
Oh yeah my bad. Ditch it and either sell both to some sucker or keep it for an emergency back up. Just my .02

I'm gonna run the mod through their warranty claims process. If it gets replaced, I'll sell it. As for the tank, it will be a back up, once I make my mind up on an rta.

Omahog18

Member For 1 Year
I've had absolutely no issues with any of my Smok purchases. Most people jump on the bandwagon.

I liked the designs and prices of the Smok mods. It's why I gave them a second chance, after the Alien died. But when the Majesty went in less than two months, I was done. Won't buy another one.

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Smok is bad/cheap construction, materials, workmanship. Its your money so do whatever but theres so much better for the same money

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Had a Smoant work perfectly for months now, which is much longer than any Smok or Wismec has lasted...if that's any consolation. If your into temp control (which I'm not) it does as good a job as my DNA mods, without all the hassle of changing setting on a PC....fuck that.
One of the main things I like about ArcticFox, which just happens to be compatible with Wismec instead of with all those other "comparable" mods, is not having to change setting on a PC more than just a single time, and that in fact took only minutes to accomplish. People talk about Wismec like there can be had better "alternatives" all the time as if custom power curves (in power mode, not temp control...) are not even worth mentioning, but to me they are the only reason why I haven't completely abandoned regulated mods altogether, so to run the potential risk of having to re-solder the wiring inside the mod is only one small price to pay for that IMO especially considering the fact the mod is so incredibly easy to take apart and put back together again, and that cannot be said about any of these so-called "better" mods. That plus the fact the wiring inside my RX300 is not too thin (and tested to withstand up to 400 real watts of actually vaping on it) so, unlike some people would have you believe, the newer models it isn't even an issue anymore, but the trash-talk never gets old because... well, I can easily fix the wiring, but I have yet to figure out a way to fix stupid.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I find most of those opinions are based on outdated information from some whacko reviewer and not even personal first hand experience.
...And "technical" information from those who defend him just because they know he will be remembering their names the next time when he's about to put another free gift in the mail.

PoppaVic

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Since I never owned a SMOK™, (yes, pronounced SMOKE), I don't much care about the fanbois. I even see @Vaping With Vic review them often, and respect his opinions. What I also see is that everyone I've ever worked with that has HAD one has had issues - usually from day zero. Further, I have been talking with a guy in distro for years now and he has warned me away for that entire period: their mods have the highest RMA in NorAm/Conus. (He has admitted their tanks seem ok and are very popular).

Now, I dunno about y'all querents - and I will always care less than YOU DO - but I can find a bunch of other mod-makers with Solid, (if not "awesome" or stellar), reputations all over the place. Eleaf/Istick, Hcigar, Geekvape, and so on - and I can recommend based on my own experiences.

As far as Wismec side-bids: btdthts. I don't care if they got their shit together - I paid too much for eGo quality once and it will never happen again. YMMV. I feel everyone should invest enough in their vaping. mods and atties to form some of their own damned preferences, opinions and bias. My dollars are limited, and matter - they are important - to me. Again, YMMV and yer welcome to waste as much or more than I have over the years. I won't suffer being shut down because I disrespect your pet mods or atty - and no one should.

I give VU major points for allowing folks to discuss this stuff and even more for the limited amount of times they need to step in with the civility ban-hammer.

Every damned member - particularly newbs - should be searching the threads here, should be searching youtube, and should be JUDGING - with their own time and money. I like a lot of the folks on VU, but I will almost never blindly trust them - if I do, it's an INVESTMENT of my time and money - and I then get to form an opinion and JUDGE. Those of us that are remotely KIND will understand that we may have miscommunicated desires/parameters, or that our view of <pick a subject, like MTL> varies.. Or that we may have gotten a lemon. (it happens, we know it)..

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I personally have never had any MOD fail except one Movkin, but that is attributed to ABUSE since I dropped it on the cement, still worked but the battery door is broken. My Wismec RX200S which I was told 4 years ago was NO Good and how it had bad wiring etc, etc is still going even though it has been dropped probably 900 times~! No shit I have dropped it 5-6 times in a day~! Chased my batteries under the truck and down the street multiple times. Oh yeah the iStick TC40W I have 4 years later (My 1st) is still going strong regardless that it is supposed to not have a built in battery as advertised and used the Pass Thru charging so hard it got too hot to hold. I attribute failures more to user error or abuse but WTF that is just my opinion. SMOK is Golden for me as I have said multiple times.

upload_2018-7-3_18-36-37.jpeg

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
Do you guys remember back in 2005 when the original Xbox360 came out?
It was the really old one that didn't have an HDMI output.

They fucked up using the wrong soldier and when the xbox got hot the solider sometimes got hot enough to melt at the GPU frying the xbox.
It was called RROD (Red Ring of Death) and Microsoft had very, very bad quality control with these first units.
So bad that at the one year mark they had a 30% failure rate.
That is some fucking HORRIBLE QC there.

Now, Think of Smok as being Xbox360 circa 2005.

That damn pesky RROD.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I owned a Smok X-Cube II was it called? That was my third or fourth mod. Only issues I had with it is the sticky fire button and the battery door retaining tab (which was metal, btw) snapped off.

Kept working even after I sold it to a friend. So I can't really say it's complete cr@p.

Now, I've owned a fair share of mods, tanks, and a host of other accessories but I found that at that time I started vaping, all these companies were still somewhat new to the game. Faulty products here and there. But if they've existed to this day, I assume they've already gotten their sh*t together. It's been 4yrs. If they're still releasing cr@p products, they shouldn't even be in business anymore.

Haven't owned a Smok product for a while, I was never really overwhelmed by my X-Cube/Beast (forgot what the tank was called) setup then so I never bought from Smok again.

Today I use items from Geekvape. I find their products are made exceptionally well and sold at really good prices. Heck, even my Lavabox doesnt hold a candle against my Aegis when it comes to quality. And it cost me almost thrice of what I paid for my Aegis.

jwill

The Great King of Nothing
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reddit Exile
VU SWAT
I owned a Smok X-Cube II was it called? That was my third or fourth mod. Only issues I had with it is the sticky fire button and the battery door retaining tab (which was metal, btw) snapped off.

Kept working even after I sold it to a friend. So I can't really say it's complete cr@p.

Now, I've owned a fair share of mods, tanks, and a host of other accessories but I found that at that time I started vaping, all these companies were still somewhat new to the game. Faulty products here and there. But if they've existed to this day, I assume they've already gotten their sh*t together. It's been 4yrs. If they're still releasing cr@p products, they shouldn't even be in business anymore.

Haven't owned a Smok product for a while, I was never really overwhelmed by my X-Cube/Beast (forgot what the tank was called) setup then so I never bought from Smok again.

Today I use items from Geekvape. I find their products are made exceptionally well and sold at really good prices. Heck, even my Lavabox doesnt hold a candle against my Aegis when it comes to quality. And it cost me almost thrice of what I paid for my Aegis.

i still have an XCube. This was one they got right, except the BT which sucked and never did anything useful except send all of your personal data to a weird server in China.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i still have an XCube. This was one they got right, except the BT which sucked and never did anything useful except send all of your personal data to a weird server in China.
I agree, the whole bluetooth thing was a huge gimmick. And so were the flashy lights that would glow when you would fire the device. But then I hear that Smok actually released a mod that's voice-activated? Man, vape tech truly is plateauing

That said, there is a market for those technically-inclined (albeit, useless) mods. Admittedly, I once was in that market.

I guess Smok caters to those who are on their first few devices and are eager to explore the world of vaping. Maybe they really aren't meant to last. Maybe that's Smok's target market in the vaping world. What would you expect from a device with gimmicky blinky lights? I wished I kept my X-Cube II though, would've been nice to still have that around.

HaileStorm

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My friend has one of those and it asks are you sure when you tell it to power off~! What do you mean you don't want to vape?
I dunno about your friend and I mean no offense when I say this but...I would never EVER want to be seen talking to my mod . My wife would think I've gone nuts. Not to mention the general public.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I've had absolutely no issues with any of my Smok purchases. Most people jump on the bandwagon.
I agree about the bandwagon part. I've seen it here over, and over again. People get warned and all of a sudden they "know" everything about every item a company has made. This place, more than anywhere I've been on the net is anti-Smok.

I haven't had any real trouble with any Smok products. I have stuff from old to some of their newer stuff. I think they're good. I'm not some "fanboy" either. I don't stick to one brand. I got a mix of all kinds of stuff.

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
Its cheap plastic. You may be lucky and get 1 that doesnt break or shit out quick but the vast majority of folks wont. Not so much good or bad, mostly cheap and subpar.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I dunno about your friend and I mean no offense when I say this but...I would never EVER want to be seen talking to my mod . My wife would think I've gone nuts. Not to mention the general public.

With all the people walking around talking to no one with a Bluetooth these days you never know who is crazy or if they have a BT ear piece.

Omahog18

Member For 1 Year
I feel folks have to be no shit retarded to pay more or equal for a smok mod than a geek vape. Dumb dumb dumb.

That's not fair. You really don't know, until you know. Smok is everywhere. Walk into most local vape shops, and their shelves are stocked with the latest and hottest smok products. Go online, same thing, product after product, all with glowing 5 star customer reviews. For someone relatively new to vaping, the choice to purchase one seems like a no brainer. Unless you get burned by a $50 mod taking a crap in under 60 days, you don't know. It doesn't help that tobacco companies are using government puppets to regulate us to the back room, where consumer laws aren't much help to us. Companies like Smok know this, and manipulate it to their advantage, by flooding the market with 50/50 products and a warranty claim process that's more difficult and time consuming than dealing with the IRS.

Fkthis

Member For 1 Year
IN JAIL
I was foolish enough to believe user reviews and my first mod was a smok. If it is metal its the thinnest weakest most plasticey metal ive ever seen

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Its cheap plastic. You may be lucky and get 1 that doesnt break or shit out quick but the vast majority of folks wont. Not so much good or bad, mostly cheap and subpar.
You don't know what you're talking about. Your mod broke. Now you just spew shit about the company it was made by. Scorned much?

VU Sponsors