Become a Patron!

Is SMOK a good brand, or one to avoid?

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi people.

I ask this question as I wanted to be cheap, and bought the SMOK RSBT2 as my first RTA, and the glass broke within 3 days, and it would never wick properly, it either leaked, or was too dry.

Now, is it just this product that is not that good, and SMOK actually makes some good products, or are they one to stay away from?

As in the future when I make purchases, occasionally it will be because I like the look and features of something, so may try them again one day, but if they generally make bad products I will stick to other brands.

Like Ileaf or similar.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I have owned a couple of SMOK mods. I have been pleased with both. I just got the X Cube II and so far I'm impressed. I know there were a lot of issues with the 80w, but I don't think there's a major mfg. that hasn't had issues with something. Example the eleaf istick 50w. I have one and have had no problems. I paid under $60 for the X Cube II, for the money, I'm pleased.

Emberwilde

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
every company has made good and bad and in some cases crapola items
your best bet is to ask here or other forums about specific items, search you tube, check for reviews from people you trust..
mostly take each item individually like I said tehre are good, bad, and ugly from pretty much every company research research research

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
My wife has had hers for a few months and has had nothing but issues from it after month two. I have a Hercules and it is great with no issues whatsoever. Hers is the original version Smok vct. Hers was the same issues, too dry, leaked, coil coming lose when unscrewing the tank from mod. The list goes on. We have not tried any other Smok products

"War,war never changes

Only The Means of Destruction"

bondo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
every company has made good and bad and in some cases crapola items
your best bet is to ask here or other forums about specific items, search you tube, check for reviews from people you trust..
mostly take each item individually like I said tehre are good, bad, and ugly from pretty much every company research research research
+1
I have a VCT and I love it. I havn't tried any of their coils but the rba section is great although it can be a bit tricky when installing duals depending on the guage.
on the otherhand, I also have their omni tester and it didn't last a week before it quit reading resistance. It still reads volts though so I guess it isn't a total loss, yet....

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Fair point, I guess most companies have made a failure product, and also good products. I won't leave them off my list, but I will ask on here first before getting anything.

My next RTA I was advised something called 'the billow'? It looks good, anyone know how it performs? As my lemo V2 is close to perfection for a tank if I am honest, but I have GAS (Gear acquisition syndrome, we used it in the guitar world lol), I think a lot of people here have GAS lol.

My Sig 75 comes tommorow! Just been shipped, I live about 25 miles from the shop, so it is always delivered next day due to the distance. Looking forward to it, even if the battery does last 4-5 hours on high wattage, I am OK with that. It is mainly for my tanks at 30 or so watts, not my RDA's, although I will use them on it occasionally, my 150 is more for my RDA's and battery life, the 75 is more for portability with a tank.

scootervapes

Member For 4 Years
In the past,smok has had great product ideas, execution seems to fall flat. They seem to be turning around.

If you get a billow,make sure its a v2. I've got a goblin mini on the way, was going between cthulhu,billow v2,and goblin mini.

Considering the size, i figured the mini would give the most rda-like vape.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ok, I will make sure it is the V2 if I get it. I am in the UK, so am not sure where to get them from to be honest. I have a good shop I use for my mods and standard tanks, but they only have a few rebuildables on there, like to get a goblin mini I have no idea where to go.

I had a deal with my fiancee, no stinkies for 2 weeks, I would get her a lemo V2 as she loves mine. She come round mine today stinking of smoke, shame as she only had 11 more days.

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The omnitester's a decent little ohmmeter if you only need to read to tenths. I broke the terminal for the voltage tester the week I got it (if I shake it, I can hear part of it rattling inside) though the rest of it has outlasted all of my other cheap meters. As accurate as something with that little precision could hope to be.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The omnitester's a decent little ohmmeter if you only need to read to tenths. I broke the terminal for the voltage tester the week I got it (if I shake it, I can hear part of it rattling inside) though the rest of it has outlasted all of my other cheap meters. As accurate as something with that little precision could hope to be.

I need a more reliable tester as my builds are coming lower. Most of the time, the reader is right, but If I ever got a Mech, Most of the time is not good enough. (I currently own a £10 tester from ebay).

robot zombie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need a more reliable tester as my builds are coming lower. Most of the time, the reader is right, but If I ever got a Mech, Most of the time is not good enough. (I currently own a £10 tester from ebay).
It's definitely not for sub-ohmers because of the way it rounds. A .36 comes up as .4 and a .25 comes up .3, which isn't huge deal depending on your batteries, but a .15 will still read .2, which isn't too cool.

It has definitely served me well as a backup when others went out on me mid-build, though. I just make sure I already know exactly what I'm building to when I use it.

VU Sponsors