Become a Patron!

is my Nichrome coil proucing Acrolein?

VapeMate

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello guys, here i am with a new question
i've been studying the Vaping Glossary of Terms when i saw Acrolein
Acrolein – Acrolein is produced when e-liquid is heated to incredibly high temperatures. Linked to lung cancer in analog cigarette use. Strong irritant to skin, eyes, and nasal passages.

as i said in my first thread on this post i've built a nichrome coil for my ce5 clearomizer and it's now tasting like bullshit and also the vapor burns my eyes, not that painful but it is something from the vapor,my mouth also gets somehow that idk how to describe, my liquid is %100 VG diluted with water, nothing more
is there any possibility that my nichrome coil is getting too hot and making out Acrolein?

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Maybe if you took it to a metal shop and hooked it up to an arc welder. Those "tests" you have seen were designed to produce those results on purpose. Harvard University issued an apology shortly after, saying the research team performed a non-scientific, biased test to produce results that were not obtainable in actual real world application. In other words.. if you did vape hot enough to produce any agents linked to lung cancer, the actual cancer would be the very least of your problems. You would literally cook your lungs. I could compare it to trying to vape from the spout of a boiling kettle of water, but pg/vg require a much higher temperature to turn to vapor.

Boiling poing (steam) of water is 100C
PG boiling point is 188.2 celsius, with a combustion point of 371.11C.
VG bp is 290 celsius

Remember, the air intake cools the coil and vapor, but even so.. you notice the vapor temp of PG is almost double that of water, and VG is almost triple.
This is the difference between a test set up to produce pre-determined results, and actual results realistically obtainable in real world application.

So in order to get the results posted in that study, the media whores had to heat PG to over 371C.
Imagine inhaling vapor even close to that temperature. Not to mention, the taste. You think a dry cotton hit tastes bad????? HA! (btw, the cotton ignites at a far lower temperature, hence what we call dry hits, and you sure don't chain vape a dry hit)

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
And don't worry, we wont tell you to do anything dangerous. Now if you are asking in an advanced forum, the safety factor can become greatly reduced, but in that case, we explain the dangers, and the onus is on the user to know what the hell they are doing.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
my ce5 clearomizer

You may want to look into getting a bottom coil clearo (like a kanger protank mini) because they can handle higher temperatures.
Even when the scientists purposely dry burn the coils the bottom coil clearos have always done way better.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
Sounds like you have serious hot-spot.
agree, if i remember, you are still using those vape pen style PVDs? Burnt coil / wick would do that. Turn the power down a bit if you can. Open the air a bit more if you can. And pull a chair up to the front door so you can watch for the post until your new gear comes.

VU Sponsors