Become a Patron!

Is my 30w istick toast?

My 6 month old istick has gone crazy. Started getting an error message "protected" and no fire. Intermediate. Then "atomizer short" and finally at times when I push the button it fires, but will not shut off on release of button and have to take the tank off to stop it. The voltage and Om readout go crazy and jump all over the place. I loved this battery when it worked, but now...
Aspire Atlantis and Nautilus Mini tanks.

Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Curious what tank your using with it. Have you tried a different one?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would for sure be careful. Might take it down to your local b/m and see if they can identify the problem. Maybe someone here on VU has had this problem. I guess Im lucky since I have had no problem whatsoever with all my ISticks. Good luck.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Did any ejuice get down the 510 or into the switch? This sounds a lot like what happened to the iStick 50 watt models.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I would shut it off... put it in a bag of rice for a day or two... try to stand it 510 down in the rice if you can. Then try it again... sounds like it either has juice in it or it don't like the ohms of your coils.

I thought about juice leak. One coil did have an o-ring loose. The circuit board is acting like that for sure. What did you do?

I would shut it off... put it in a bag of rice for a day or two... try to stand it 510 down in the rice if you can. Then try it again... sounds like it either has juice in it or it don't like the ohms of your coils.
Sounding more like juice...same coils for months, no problem. Will try the rice. Thanks.

misthub_rick

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vape Media
FWIW gave up on the 30w and bought one of the new 40w sticks. In future will probably up to one with replaceable batteries like the ipv d2.

That was/is likely the smartest course of action.

VU Sponsors