Become a Patron!

Is it just us?

Linger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Both me and the missus were long time smokers (30+yrs) apiece. Every time we try a new flavor we're told it tastes like this but we either taste that or nothing at all. Has any other longtime smokers have the same problem? Or is it just us? We find this problem on both house juices and premium.

BzztYeow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
There is a lot of junk out there... I've only found a couple of juice lines I like. Vapejoose and vapergate both offer pretty good stuff- although I cant speak for any tobacco flavors.

Ld3441

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
One of the hardest things for me in the beginning was finding a juice I liked which is why I started DIY.
Try juice from vendors that offer sample sizes until you find what you like.
Taste is subjective so going by what someone else likes might not help you much.

Your tastes will also change with time. (for the better)
You might want to try things you don't like to eat even.
One of my favorite vapes is mainly coconut and I don't eat coconut at all.
Strange but things vape differently than eating them.

Good luck with your search.
You are not alone.

BzztYeow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Also, what are you vaping with? Do you change coils regularly? Not meaning to be condescending, but I ran into a person using the same disposable coil for an entire year! Bet that tasted horrible.

When I started using RDA's and the Atlantis, I discovered flavors that I just couldn't taste with my MVP2 and Nautilus....

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I had great success with minty and creamy vapes when I started out. I did ask for extra flavoring to be added when I ordered. There's a guy in town that has an online shop and I loved his stuff. I still highly recommend him for pre-made juice. Purevapes.com He'll customize flavors, bump up, take away, whatever you need. I started DIY, like Ld3441, and haven't ordered in a long time.

There are some great juice companies out there, and like was mentioned, some real bad ones, too.

Good luck to you both!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I found a lot of juice was muted for me when I first started vaping after 40 year of smoking. Halo was fine, though, but so many were a disappointment. Your tastebuds will come back though - give it time. Oh, and DIY was where I ended up, which worked better for me:D (And now I find commercial juice overflavored LOL)

CgS_Drone

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Like some have pointed out try flavors you wouldn't normally like, Kiwi are you kidding me no way but vaping it is great, for me anyway. When I started I was hooked on peaches and cream and now that I have tried Kiwi I wont even touch peaches and cream anymore. It's strange how it works, some flavors my wife can taste then I can try it and cant taste it at all, We just started DIY and Blueberry for instance my wife can taste it just fine and I cannot taste it at all.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still find several juices to be bland. I always make sure to try them or I only purchase sample packs with small mls so that way I'm not out a ton of money if I don't like them. I tried cuttwood unicorn milk today... every one raves about this e liquid. Seriously don't know why very overrated good luck to you

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
Both me and the missus were long time smokers (30+yrs) apiece. Every time we try a new flavor we're told it tastes like this but we either taste that or nothing at all. Has any other longtime smokers have the same problem? Or is it just us? We find this problem on both house juices and premium.
Linger... I'm gonna be blunt... if the juice don't taste good, find a new vendor! ... Juice is very subjective cuz everyone's taste buds are different. But there are numerous vendors out there that make high quality juice, don't skimp on the flavor, and don't try to empty your bank account for it either.
Here's a couple of my favs... Check them out!

EthelMaltol

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Your taste buds will improve and change over time. When I started, I went to a local shop and sampled several different juices. Found one I liked. After that, I went online, but I found that I was mixing several different juices together in my clearo. Your device does make a big difference, as clearomizers and the like will mute flavors. If you are purchasing juices made for dripping, they may have less flavoring added. I would suggest a trip to a vape meet or store where you can try before you buy. Even if it is far away, it should be worth it, in the long run.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Go to tastyvapors.net and get the ATOMIC CINNACIDE...
Sent from my
LUMIA 1520

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had great success with minty and creamy vapes when I started out. I did ask for extra flavoring to be added when I ordered. There's a guy in town that has an online shop and I loved his stuff. I still highly recommend him for pre-made juice. Purevapes.com He'll customize flavors, bump up, take away, whatever you need. I started DIY, like Ld3441, and haven't ordered in a long time.

There are some great juice companies out there, and like was mentioned, some real bad ones, too.

Good luck to you both!

Thanks for the plug HB , your right my own company " Barely Vapable E Juice Inc " does make horrific tasting juice at this time so i wouldn't recommend it to anybody but i think it's important to note that we are improving every day .

Thanks for the support my friend.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Thanks for the plug HB , your right my own company " Barely Vapable E Juice Inc " does make horrific tasting juice at this time so i wouldn't recommend it to anybody but i think it's important to note that we are improving every day .

Thanks for the support my friend.
Still not convinced your mixes are as bad as you say they are! Nice try ;)

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My wife just started vaping, and I got her vanilla cupcake from evap.us. I couldn't find my rig, so I grabbed hers. Tasted awefull!! like a pencil erasure. A week later, the flavor seemed to settle in, and was soooo good. I don't know why a vendor would not have juice ready to go, but ive heard is common?
Give what you got another toke. More wattage helps too. on my I stick im running9 watts at 4 volt. 1.8 ohms in a mini nautilus.

Linger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Myself I've been vaping for over 8 months, the wife over 6 months. I just changed over to an Atlantis on top of a sxmini running at between 13w-22w (haven't found the sweet spot yet). I was using a mvp with either a Nautilus or Aspire BDC. The wife is on a Itaste with the Aspire BDC(was previously on an Ego).
The vape shops all use an Aspire type tank with either a MVP or Ego style mod. We have found a couple of favors each that we like, but we're always trying new ones that we can hopefully put in our rotation. But alot, and I mean ALOT of the ones we try are just not flavorful. We have tried both pre-made premium and made to order juices.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Myself I've been vaping for over 8 months, the wife over 6 months. I just changed over to an Atlantis on top of a sxmini running at between 13w-22w (haven't found the sweet spot yet). I was using a mvp with either a Nautilus or Aspire BDC. The wife is on a Itaste with the Aspire BDC(was previously on an Ego).
The vape shops all use an Aspire type tank with either a MVP or Ego style mod. We have found a couple of favors each that we like, but we're always trying new ones that we can hopefully put in our rotation. But alot, and I mean ALOT of the ones we try are just not flavorful. We have tried both pre-made premium and made to order juices.
I can say that I continue to be pleasantly surprised at how my tastes still change. I've been vaping about 1.5 years and I'm still getting nuances from flavors that I used to not get at all. It really sucks not finding what you want! I hope that changes for you soon, and I'm glad you're not giving up.

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
[QUOTE="angus67, post: 254098, member: 13509]I don't know why a vendor would not have juice ready to go, but ive heard is common?[/quote]

The only way to have it 'ready to go' would be to make it ahead of time. It is impossible to tell how much will sell every week or month, so they must make enough to cover what might sell. If it doesn't sell it sits around until it sells or would get trashed and new batches made. The first results in you possibly buying several month old juice, the 2nd results in lost money.

Easier method is for vendors to make the juice when it's ordered, you get fresher juice with a longer shelf life then. Side effect is possibly needing to steep it, but this depends on personal taste.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want amazing tobacco blends - Indigo Vapors.. only thing that got me through the first few months of vaping

KatyLoo

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Linger - You smoked for such a long time your taste buds are severely compromised. I experienced the same thing when I first started (smoked 40+ years). It's just going to take some time. I had my last cig just over 2 years ago and everyone kept saying "it'll take a few months". In reality it took nearly all of 2 years to get decent flavor. Stick with mints, coffee or tobacco, flavors that are naturally strong. Fruits will probably be tasteless. DIY juice mixed at higher %s doesn't work. Mints are your new best friend. Just hang in there, it's worth it.

Linger

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thank you everyone for the replies, tips, suggestions, and personal experience. We both have found a couple of juices that we like, but we both would like more variety. We are both beyond the tobacco flavor so those are out I think. I have been looking for a good spearmint, something like wrigley's gum maybe. Right now I vape King's Crown- King, Spacejam- Astro, and (something)- Derailed. She vapes Ruthless- Easy Does It, and Working Girl- Pretty Woman. Sometimes she mixes the two.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I vaped a LOT of spearmint when I started out. I ended up burning out, lol. But, it helped me fight menthol cravings. I had one made at Pure Vapes. I added vanilla to it... so yum. They added the vanilla, actually. This was way before I started DIY. He customized everything for me. Emailed me and asked if anything needed tweaking and he did it. Awesome people. They make a Lemon Creme Puff that was DIVINE! Mango Dreams was really good, too.

ksnake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I started with the 24mg nic, you'll stop when the doc says he can hear signs of emphysema. I haven't had a smoke since and he says my lungs sound fine. After a while cigs taste like crap anyway.

angus67

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I smoked for 20 some years, and although I never smoked menthol's , that's the first flavor that got me going.I never thought a regular cig ever tasted good, its all the heavy breathing involved that calmed me down. So I haven't even considered a tobacco flavor, although I did get a small bottle of it.
The good thing about the menthol ,is that it opens up my sinuses. But I only use it at work, and is 24mg, and I have cut back to 12mg, so, the 24 makes me jumpy. I use that energy at work to get er done.
And @ksnake, yup, You never know until you are forced to cross that bridge. Im glad your better.
Now that ive been experimenting with flavors, I see no reason to have a stale, burnt cigarette. gross.

ksnake

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I bet if they did a clinical study and took smokers and let them just vape for 1 month all of their lungs would be more clear.

VU Sponsors