Become a Patron!

Is it just me...I only like fresh nic.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I usually order 120ml of 100mg at a time...if I use half of it and put half in a 50ml brown glass bottle in the freezer...and come back say a month latter and mix a new batch of juice with the nic in the freezer...I just hate the taste it seems like it totally screws up the flavor of the juice,and is to peppery,I try and leave it exposed to air for the shortest possible time, but it still seems to oxidize...Am I a nic Queen or does anybody else have this experince.

hellcatrydr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you using salts? ...don't I remember from another thread?

I have a liter of Nic River (up the street from me - neener) 100mg that is about 20 months old.
I keep it in the stock container, in the fridge and open it maybe 3 times a month. No repackaging gyrations of any sort...
It is still clear and free of any oxidized taste.

My taste may not be as good as yours... bein an ex smoker an' all. But I've been very happy with NR.
Say the word, I'll shoot you a 30 of it.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've not noticed a difference after freezing with NicSelect, Vaperstek, or ChemNic. But I do have a liter of MFS that's been in the freezer for a couple of years that I'm kind of leery about. It's been in the freezer since the day I got it, but after I received it I began reading all these reviews about their nic being really strong and peppery anyway. I'll never order Nude Nicotine again after receiving a batch that tasted like pure pepper and them implying that it was my fault.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm trying to figure this out....it seems when I make a new mix, that the juice is really improves if I leave the bottle open for a day to breathe before using it....it seems counter intuitive....

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
By leaving the bottle open you're allowing the most volatile compounds to break down. Can help take away overly sour or sweet notes but not in every case. I know I like some of my juices more when I've just mixed them than when they've steeped but that could just be me

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Time

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Am I a nic Queen or does anybody else have this experince.

must-resist-urge-to-comment.jpg

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
What cap do you use on your stored bottle?

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I usually order 120ml of 100mg at a time...if I use half of it and put half in a 50ml brown glass bottle in the freezer...and come back say a month latter and mix a new batch of juice with the nic in the freezer...I just hate the taste it seems like it totally screws up the flavor of the juice,and is to peppery,I try and leave it exposed to air for the shortest possible time, but it still seems to oxidize...Am I a nic Queen or does anybody else have this experince.

In all seriousness - so many different vapers have such widely differing preferences and experiences using the exact same things - you may very well be exceptionally sensitive to the level of nic freshness *shrugs*

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
In all seriousness - so many different vapers have such widely differing preferences and experiences using the exact same things - you may very well be exceptionally sensitive to the level of nic freshness *shrugs*
well, I was told I was a very sensitive child., of course I was also told I was the spawn of Satan....that may account for why I burned the house down....

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
well, I was told I was a very sensitive child.....that may account for why I burned the house down....

After stealing cigarettes and playing with matches, doubtless

eStorm

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Reddit Exile
I'm like you very sensitive to changes in flavor etc. I get a liter at times, the moment it arrives I fill four 30ml squeezy bottles with that nicotine, these as well as the small bottles go in the freezer. I add my nic at the end of my mixes because I'm using VG nic, as we all know that takes forever to get liquish lol. But I did notice using it in my smaller bottles, they do not alter my nic as fast as when I was opening the huge bottle. These 4 smaller refill bottles last me also a long time, I sometimes even forget I still have more than half a liter nic in my freezer, by the time I make it to the last squeezy bottle.

VU Sponsors