Become a Patron!

Is hissing after a hit a sign that you need to change the coil soon?

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got an Ijust2 last week. It came with a .3 ohm head, and it lasted about four days until it began to continue hissing after I let go of the button. A few hits after that I started getting a burnt taste that would happen on and off for another day, and then I had to change the head. Now I'm using a .5 ohm head. I thought it would last longer since it has a higher resistance and produces only about half the vapor as .3, but after only three days it's starting to hiss after a drag again. Both heads are authentic eleaf, using the same clear PG non-gunker juice. It is a surprise that the .5 is burning out faster than the .3...

So I want to know if my suspicion is true: Does a continued hissing after the button is released mean that the coil is going bad?

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think that has anything to do with the coils, a couple of my mods do that, I believe it is the mods shut off mechanism, sometimes goes half a second after you let up off the button.

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I don't think that has anything to do with the coils, a couple of my mods do that, I believe it is the mods shut off mechanism, sometimes goes half a second after you let up off the button.
This only happens a few days into a coil though. Otherwise the hissing stops right when the button is let go.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Not sure then why it is doing that, hopefully someone will chime in on this:)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had that happen when using the rba, and I've usually got gunk on the coil that continues to sizzle after I let go of the button. :oops:

rj9923

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've had that happen when using the rba, and I've usually got gunk on the coil that continues to sizzle after I let go of the button. :oops:
So perhaps it's gunk... Well I have the hissing head in a cup of vodka right now, so we'll see if it stops.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Usually hissing after firing is due to cotton not having enough contact to cool the coil down.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Or about five tanks of super sweet juice gunk trying to catch fire.....lol!

freemind

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I would be concerned that your mod fire button is sticking ON.

The sizzle or hiss on an RDA only last a fraction of a second. It's shouldn't last seconds after a drag. Same with a tank.

VU Sponsors