Become a Patron!

Is five pawns safe????

I'm vaping right now on my favorite flavor of all time, which happens to be a Five Pawns juice (gambit)

In reading all these stories on their lawsuit and the health effects of the chemicals used in their juice, should I just empty this right now and not go back? I don't want popcorn lung, not worth the risk.

does anyone know if these chemicals have been reduced in recent brewings or is this company still something I should steer clear of?

Thanks,

KKen

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If the juices still do contain Diacetyl, Acetoin and Acetyl Propionyl, its very probable that it will take quite a bit of time with extended usage until you match what just a few cigarettes contain.

However, the issue I have with 5 pawns is that they were quite deceptive about this in the first place; they also went well out of their way to cover up their lab results even after being called on it by multiple vendors and reviewers.

That said, I stopped buying their products not so much to do with the content of their juice, but more to do with my perception of their business ethics.

2195rn9.jpg

As HD mentioned, if its a concern, best thing you can do is to just toss the bottles and find something else you are more comfortable using.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I also was a big fan of 5 Pawns as well,but when they pulled their lying bullshit I never bought an ounce of juice from them after that....if they lie about those two ingredients in their juice what else will they lie about.Vaping to a very large degree has always depended on the personal word and integrity of the vendors as it has not been regulated...What 5 Pawns did was not only lie to it's customers, their dishonesty helped open the door to goverment interference....if you are that stuck on Gambit DIY your own juice I'm sure there are plenty of recepies for Gambit floating around.

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You have to go with what your gut feeling.
As pulse has said, you can always look for recipes and DIY your own. But if DIY isn't appealing to you, I'm sure there are Gambit lovers out there that have found a similar tasting juice from another company. Use google and ask on as many vaping forums as you can find to ask if anyone knows of a good alternative.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I haven't seen one popcorn lung case from a smoker or a vaper. I've smoked for 25 years, and been vaping for 7 years. Haven't coughed up Orville Redenbacher as of yet.
I don't think there has ever been a case from vaping.. and I never even heard of it till I started vaping after 40 years of smoking and being told all the bad things it's going to do....

But then I never though vaping was a healthy activity. . Just less harmful compared to smoking.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Jimi D

Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I don't think there has ever been a case from vaping.. and I never even heard of it till I started vaping after 40 years of smoking and being told all the bad things it's going to do....

But then I never though vaping was a healthy activity. . Just less harmful compared to smoking.

I believe its a lot safer than smoking. Being that I chain direct lung. I still can go to sleep without coughing up a lung like I used to do from smoking :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I believe its a lot safer than smoking. Being that I chain direct lung. I still can go to sleep without coughing up a lung like I used to do from smoking :)
Fortunately the only negative affect from smoking I had was stink and lack of cash..... Vaping fixes both of these... with added potential benefit of less future health concerns.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I stay clear away from buttery flavors (cake, pie, caramel, cream...) for that very reason. Diacetyl may or may not give vapers lung problems, but not vaping it is a sure way to ensure it won't, and not have to find out the hard way if it does years down the line.

VU Sponsors