Become a Patron!

Is anyone 'meshing'????

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The surface area is impressive. My mesh is boating its way to me, needed a 24mn taster RDA anyway so...

yes, tons of surface area.. may change the way u vape though.. i wouldnt think it would be good in power mode, more
like TC..

Letitia9

Citrus Junkie
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Would suck more juice than I'm willing to buy.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm not even sure how to wick a mesh atty!!??
Doesnt the mesh its self act as a sort of wick???

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Ok..
I tend to avoid T Ripper cuz he gets on my nerves sometimes.. and it's hard for me to take him seriously ...lol
Not a fan either but if you sift through all the stupid he does good sometimes.
How dose it’s ohm out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm sure there is a few options in Ohms. I know there is for sure a SS and Nicrome mesh.

Psychobunny

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Not a fan either but if you sift through all the stupid he does good sometimes.

I'm sure there is a few options in Ohms. I know there is for sure a SS and Nicrome mesh.

Some strips of mesh come with the RDA... I guess you could trim it down if you want to get a desired resistance???

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Regular wire and resistance principles would have to apply, there isn't really an option for it not to lol. I do think this RDA is more suited/built for Temp Control from what I've heard @zaptear but they did mention briefly, very briefly, that I will work in regular power mode.

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I got it in and I really don't like it. Mesh isn't the way to go imo. If your cotton collapses at all or isn't touching the mesh on 100% of the surface area you should be ready for a very dry/burnt hit. Ive been an RDA guy since basically day one so I know what I'm doing when it comes to wicking.. If it wasn't for being able to use regular coils this thing would be in the trash... still might :kickbutt:

VapeNMirrors

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm having great success with the SS316 mesh and TC. Rolled a good bit of CBV2 and clamped it. I can vape the wick dry. Tastes awesome and chucks like my Modfather at 100J. Fricken sweet so far!

Chased2Deth

600 flavors later....
VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
I haven't tried temp control... I probably should of specified. I don't have a device that I feel does temp control very well. I used the nicrome. I can see how temp control would be better.

Edit* to add to that I bought it to use on my squonk box which is a mech.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have one and I love it. But like all mesh atomizers, it's a power hog and it's thirsty. If you use it on a mech, it fares better on a dual battery mod. I can't put it down though.

Lotus Insane

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been thinking about a mesh rda, but may go with a ceto instead of the vandy. I like the vertical look and the fact of the squonk pin, in case I finally get a squonker.

Khassy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have been thinking about a mesh rda, but may go with a ceto instead of the vandy. I like the vertical look and the fact of the squonk pin, in case I finally get a squonker.

The VV has a bf pin.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

The squonk pin works pretty good on the Ceto, provided you leave the top hole open. I like it much better than the Mesh RDA's: if you pack the cotton hard enough on the VV - which you kinda have to do on all mesh atomizers, then the squonk hole is essentially blocked off. It's not very well designed: it only works with regular coils, which defeats the point.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Mesh isn’t new ... we had it with genies and it didn’t really take off back then. I remember building on those old tanks and the mesh was tough to work with, lots of cuts on my fingers.

What’s wrong with wire? If ain’t broke don’t fix it. IMHO.

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mesh isn’t new ... we had it with genies and it didn’t really take off back then. I remember building on those old tanks and the mesh was tough to work with, lots of cuts on my fingers.

Oranges and apples here. Genisis tanks use mesh for wicking. We're talking about mesh as the heating element here. That's quite new.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Oranges and apples here. Genisis tanks use mesh for wicking. We're talking about mesh as the heating element here. That's quite new.

I get that ... just saying ... I don’t really see a need to-event the coil, atm. But hey, to each his or her own.

;)

Giraut

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get that ... just saying ... I don’t really see a need to-event the coil, atm. But hey, to each his or her own.

I bought my first mesh atomizer for curiosity's sake (the Taifun BT) and I ended up buying all existing models of mesh atomizers multiple times, along with all kinds of mesh sheets and ribbon in all materials available. I just can't put them down: they're super-easy to build, even easier to wick, they perform really well, the cotton lasts forever, and when it's time to change it, the mesh is very quick to dry-burn and clean.

I just wish someone made a low-power version: all of them atomizers seem to require a minimum of 90 watts, and guzzle juice like a 60's Cadillac. Still, me, I'm a convert: I can totally see how they improve on coils.

Last edited:

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I bought my first mesh atomizer for curiosity's sake (the Taifun BT) and I ended up buying all existing models of mesh atomizers multiple times, along with all kinds of mesh sheets and ribbon in all materials available. I just can't put them down: they're super-easy to build, even easier to wick, they perform really well, the cotton lasts forever, and when it's time to change it, the mesh is very quick to dry-burn and clean.

I just wish someone made a low-power version: all of them atomizers seem to require a minimum of 90 watts, and guzzle juice like a 60's Cadillac. Still, me, I'm a convert: I can totally see how they improve on coils.

Well maybe I’ll try them ... my tanks all guzzle juice anyways ;p

j66

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
There is a smoothness [or something] to the vape from the Taifun BT - great for menthol/minty when you have a sore throat.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

What’s wrong with wire? If ain’t broke don’t fix it. IMHO.

What do you mean gennys never really took off..LOL...they sure as hell did,there are hundreds of different gennys and some of them are the most sought after and expensive attys there are. and there are plenty of genheads still around...there is no other kind of atty that will give as good flavor as a genny with a mesh wick. except a genny with a porous ceramic wick, for flavor chasers gennys with a mesh wick are still the best pick...I've built gennys with mesh for about 4 years now and have never recieved a cut on my fingers from building a mesh wick.

digibomb

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I take back what I said earlier ... I guess I should try meshing ... ;p

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

mesh as a coil in genis isn't new... did rolled mesh coil on ceramic wick in my Steam Turbine on series mech for a while...Stacked 18350.. couple years ago... yeah power hog and thristy... Mainly due to all that surface area and heat capacity.

VU Sponsors