Become a Patron!

Is anyone as anal as I about wattage ?

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
When I adjust wattage, I don't understand why there's a decimal point on my mod. I can't stand looking at it and see "73.4w" or something. I always vape in 5 watt increments (60, 65, 70, etc). Is anyone else like this or am I just weird?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KingPin!

In my defence, I was left unsupervised ^^
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
When I adjust wattage, I don't understand why there's a decimal point on my mod. I can't stand looking at it and see "73.4w" or something. I always vape in 5 watt increments (60, 65, 70, etc). Is anyone else like this or am I just weird?

Not weird lol I'm the same ...well to a lesser extent I'm ok with numbers in between as long as it's a .0 or .5 at the end (no .1s here) otherwise I get the OCD itch

Get a mech ...instant cure lol

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Nice part about the Artic fox firmware is you can turn that off. So now my two compatible mods raises and lowers in 1 watt increments.
The others I just have to live with it. LOL

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
Nice part about the Artic fox firmware is you can turn that off. So now my two compatible mods raises and lowers in 1 watt increments.

Can do same for DNA devices in escribe changed mine to 0.5 increments ....I think it allows up to 5w jumps not 100% on that been a little while since I've synced :)

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

My mod does 1 and .1 increments.... I use 1 watt for builds above 20 watts and at setup for all new builds. I use .1 setting when vaping at under 25watts....
1 watts is a 1% change at 100watts.... but a 10% change at 10 watts..... and 1 watt makes a bigger difference the fewer watts you use.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
With Arctic Fox you don't even need to hook up the USB cable to toggle it on/off, so yeah... in several many ways I think it truly is much nicer than EScribe with a DNA.

bobnat

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'd be willing to bet more people than not do the same.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
With Arctic Fox you don't even need to hook up the USB cable to toggle it on/off, so yeah... in several many ways I think it truly is much nicer than EScribe with a DNA.
That is the best thing about AF..... nearly all settings are changeable and saveable on and Off mod.

Setup up a profile on pc. Upload to mod... fine tune via use. Download to pc for further fine tuning via device monitor. Repeat.... Cool

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
That is the best thing about AF..... nearly all settings are changeable and saveable on and Off mod.

Setup up a profile on pc. Upload to mod... fine tune via use. Download to pc for further fine tuning via device monitor. Repeat.... Cool

Here's my favorite feature:

30m7d08.jpg

Raymcconn

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I was starting to mess around with the power curves then got side tracked. I did like them, just have to get one dialed in that I really like.

twan013

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Y'all are some crazy folks. Battery, heat, juice, vape. That's all I need. I don't care about no power curve, preheat, shamalama dingdong stuff. That's why I'll never own a DNA unless someone donates one to me or I win a contest of sorts.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I was starting to mess around with the power curves then got side tracked. I did like them, just have to get one dialed in that I really like.
The one in my screenshot is what I use for my 24mm Goon with a single coil 7 wraps 3.5mm ID 28/38 Ni80 alien build that ohms out at .5 ohms. You don't need to fuck around with temp control or anything, just use it in VW mode... literally takes you seconds to dial it in.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Y'all are some crazy folks. Battery, heat, juice, vape. That's all I need. I don't care about no power curve, preheat, shamalama dingdong stuff. That's why I'll never own a DNA unless someone donates one to me or I win a contest of sorts.

With a big ass coil there will be ramp up. (Even, if it's all only relatively thin Nichrome80 wire.)

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
The decimal point is there for people like me, who vape at <10w. Yes, at very low wattage, there really is a big difference between 9.4w and 9.6w. More flavor at 9.6w, but the wick has to be well-broken-in... but less vapor, and hence less asthma problems, at 9.4w. A brand-new wick, after a dry-burn, starts at 9.2w, and gradually goes up... by .1w increments. But I rarely ever go over 9.6w anymore.

I have 4 original Coolfire4's, and 2 TC-75w-18650 Coolfire4's... and they will only adjust in .5w increments... so on days when I'm fine with 9.5w, I use those. The rest of the time, I prefer my Minibooks, my iPV Minis, and sometimes my Sx Mini M class, because I can adjust those at .1w increments.

Andria

celticluvr

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah I'm a weirdo. :p On my Alien I have the Innokin Scion tank. Its recommended between 100-200watts on the .28 Ohm coil. Depending on what Juice I'm vaping I go from 130-150 in 5 watt increments. :ejuice::cloud:

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell, I do that in temp mode too, always 450 or 440 or 430...etc, none of this 434F nonsense......no no no no...lol.

With my Hohmtech G2 sometimes a decimal gets stuck before I ramp up over 100 watts then it goes in 1 watt increments. If it says 150.6 watts I have to go below 100 watts to lose the .6 watts then I can go back over 100 watts again. ....sick, I know but gotta get it done!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

cvcrcr99

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm the same as the majority just like the OP I would assume. My presets range from 20w-120w. Never needed to go above that and I'm not sure if it could actually go higher on a dual batt mod. 20-50w is in 10w increments, 55-80 in 5w increments, and 80-120 in 10w increments. I vape my tanks in the 55-80 range and RDAs in the 80-120 range. :)

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I do exactly the same. But I know I'm weird, so you might be, too.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

brandon david

Bronze Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I have to have mine on x2.5, x5.0 or x0.0. Otherwise, it drives me nuts too.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm in joules mode atm but I still never seem to set it at round numbers! I'm at 30.3J right now which I suppose is a little finicky

Sent from my ZX Spectrum using Tapatalk Pro

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
I'm in joules mode atm but I still never seem to set it at round numbers! I'm at 30.3J right now which I suppose is a little finicky

One of the lucky few bitlord if this thread is anything to go by! :)

32bitlord

TPD Compliant
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
One of the lucky few bitlord if this thread is anything to go by! :)

My SX450 chip has a custom power chart feature but I've not messed with it yet. I've always just used soft mode for smaller builds and either standard or powerful modes for larger builds. This thread has definitely peaked my interest though so I'm definitely going to look into it.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
I don't mind decimal points up to say 50 watts but the mod better have a super duper fast scroll feature when you hold the button down.
Between 50 and 100 watts 0.5 increments is fine with the super duper fast scroll feature
But from 100 and on there is literally no reason to have less than single watt increments.
5 watt increments would be little too much.
I like setting my wattage to things like 111 watts :)

KingPin!

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
VU Challenge Team
Reviewer
My SX450 chip has a custom power chart feature but I've not messed with it yet. I've always just used soft mode for smaller builds and either standard or powerful modes for larger builds. This thread has definitely peaked my interest though so I'm definitely going to look into it.

Yeah I use the app to update my SX chip real time works a treat although haven't messed about with the power curves just let the mod do the driving under SS316L works really well

VU Sponsors