Become a Patron!

Is a battery useless once it has shorted?

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My twisted messes clones center pin went inside the thread making it flush my battery suddenly got hot I took it out immediately and let it cool down. Is it now useless? It is a Samsung 25r

manthe

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
My twisted messes clones center pin went inside the thread making it flush my battery suddenly got hot I took it out immediately and let it cool down. Is it now useless? It is a Samsung 25r

It really just depends on how quickly you stopped it. Basically, if the battery still charges - it's most likely still usable. There's a chance it may have a more diminished lifespan now - but would still function basically normally.

I've had it go both ways myself. I've shorted a battery and had it become completely unusable/unresponsive - and I've done it where I caught it and stopped the short very quickly and been able to go on using the battery without issue.

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It really just depends on how quickly you stopped it. Basically, if the battery still charges - it's most likely still usable. There's a chance it may have a more diminished lifespan now - but would still function basically normally.

I've had it go both ways myself. I've shorted a battery and had it become completely unusable/unresponsive - and I've done it where I caught it and stopped the short very quickly and been able to go on using the battery without issue.

How would you know if its usable?

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alright sorry you kind of made that clear last post. Thanks Ill know in a couple of hours.

Slurp812

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So after you stopped it, and let it cool, were you able to measure the battery voltage? Do you have a meter?

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No my Nitecore D2 charger broke and that ws the only thing I had with a meter I have one a new one coming in tomorrow it charged all the way or so it seems like its hitting like a fully charged batter. I'm gonna see if it gets hot now.

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Okay so after using it for 15 mins my mod and battery is only getting warm

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hopefully I get paid tomorrow anyway so Ill go ahead by some more just incase. Thanks guys.

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Here's the update, after carefully monitoring it and using it carefully the battery is alright and my mod has not been getting hot at all nor the battery. But I already ordered more batteries to be on the safe side.

Maykoll

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are Samsung 25 R5's any good? Theyre Not the regular 25r's so what's different?

NemesisVaper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's all Samsung are making now. The green wrapped 25R replaced the blue. They reformulated it for an increased cycle life. Performance is near identical and there's no practical difference for us, except that they may last a bit longer before lack of capacity becomes annoying.

VU Sponsors