Become a Patron!

ipv6x vs sigelei 213 which is better ???

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not having tried an ipv6 I would have to say the ipv6 because the 213 is a bullshit mod that doesn't do tc. At least the chip p4u is using is tried and true.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
how do you use tc on 213????
You choose Ni, Ti or SS, you can also elect TCR or TFR, you must set Pre Heat in TC, there is also the ability to set Temp Compensator.
One cool thing about the 213 is it has all the TCR and TFR values loaded. Simply when you have lets say a Ni coil on the mod, set it to Ni mode and fire, it loads the proper TCR and TFR values for your baseline.
I own all the mods mentioned in this thread, the 213 is my favorite.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The TC on the 213 if flawed period. Are you saying Daniel doesn't know how to use TC? Any mod that resets the resistance before each puff in TC is flawed and dangerous. Just do a cotton burn test at 400F and keep pressing the fire button and watch the cotton burn. It's just flawed period!

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have an original carbon fiber 213 and the TC works fine. I have used it in Ti mode and am current using it in 316SS mode. Plus, I must say my 213 is the best LOOKING mod I own. As far as performance, nothing has ever come close to my Releaux with the authentic evolv DNA200 (so far). The DNA200 is the best chip out there right now IMHO, but YMMV.

Sincerely,
Chainvapor :)

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The TC on the 213 if flawed period. Are you saying Daniel doesn't know how to use TC? Any mod that resets the resistance before each puff in TC is flawed and dangerous. Just do a cotton burn test at 400F and keep pressing the fire button and watch the cotton burn. It's just flawed period!

Did you know you can lock the resistance??

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yeah his 213 must be special. Every reviewer has come out and said they were sorry the mod doesn't do tc but yours does? Just ridiculous. I'll give you this, it does a highly inaccurate form of tc that is just flat out dangerous with nickel or titanium.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Chainvapor

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I guess mine is special, because the TC works just fine. To each their own I guess. I have been vaping a 0.38ohm coil for the last 4 hours and it has never changed from 0.38ohms!

P.S. Probably not a good idea to try and tell someone how their mod works when you do not have their mod.

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
0ad828bc8832e11d116151df886c8878.jpg

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Sig could've made a killing out of the 213 if they hadn't tried to say it will do 213 watts on 2 18650's and the board wasn't buggy as hell, from screen glitches, temp control not working properly (reported by several reviews who done testing on them) to misfires.

I only use mine in power mode, and I get the annoying misfire with it, but the form factor of it is awesome, I am waiting to see how the new IPV6x is, and if it turns out they got it right, then it will replace my 213.

Sad thing is, sig knew of the problems with the 213, and still went and released the fuchia with the same chip, just shows they don't give a shit about the consumer, they are just trying to rape as much money out of people before the regs come in.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Sig could've made a killing out of the 213 if they hadn't tried to say it will do 213 watts on 2 18650's and the board wasn't buggy as hell, from screen glitches, temp control not working properly (reported by several reviews who done testing on them) to misfires.

I only use mine in power mode, and I get the annoying misfire with it, but the form factor of it is awesome, I am waiting to see how the new IPV6x is, and if it turns out they got it right, then it will replace my 213.

Sad thing is, sig knew of the problems with the 213, and still went and released the fuchia with the same chip, just shows they don't give a shit about the consumer, they are just trying to rape as much money out of people before the regs come in.
So Nailz, I taketh you didn't get one of the ones that does tc.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have a 213 and TC works like a champ, most complaints come from people who have not figured out how to use TC on the 213.

Please enlighten us.

I had a 213 and it did something resembling TC as long as the cotton was wet and it was not chain vaped. Like Steve said, run a dry cotton burn test and you will see that TC does not work whatsoever. Daniel is using actual science to make determinations and conclusions, there is no arguing with the facts. I get it, its a pretty mod that you probably paid way too much money for but don't fool yourself into believing that you somehow have the one 213 that does TC "like a champ". If the TC worked, why wouldn't Sig come out and explain to people how to properly set it up? They haven't because it doesn't work.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So Nailz, I taketh you didn't get one of the ones that does tc.

I am not a TC vapor, so wasn't to concerned about that part, just didn't know about the misfiring before I bought it, not a big problem, but does get annoying still though.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Smfh, I'm not even going to argue the tc thing anymore. Now I'm here strictly for the comedic value.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Please enlighten us.

I had a 213 and it did something resembling TC as long as the cotton was wet and it was not chain vaped. Like Steve said, run a dry cotton burn test and you will see that TC does not work whatsoever. Daniel is using actual science to make determinations and conclusions, there is no arguing with the facts. I get it, its a pretty mod that you probably paid way too much money for but don't fool yourself into believing that you somehow have the one 213 that does TC "like a champ". If the TC worked, why wouldn't Sig come out and explain to people how to properly set it up? They haven't because it doesn't work.
I don't suppose you noticed on his burn test he had Pre Heat set at 213W, did you?

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I don't suppose you noticed on his burn test he had Pre Heat set at 213W, did you?

Wouldn't matter, if temp control worked properly, shouldn't burn the cotton anyway.

You can try and say the sig 213 works properly, but there is tons of people who will say different, you are the very low minority who thinks it does work properly, just look at other sig threads or even their own facebook page, or are you saying you more advanced than everyone else out there, even the ones with testing equipment, and everyone else is using it wrong :confused:

I don't even use TC, so I don't care, but the evidence is out there to show it doesn't work, and as someone else said, keep the coil wet and yes it will vape, but let that coil go dry, get ready for a nice nasty burning hit :)

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Wouldn't matter, if temp control worked properly, shouldn't burn the cotton anyway.

You can try and say the sig 213 works properly, but there is tons of people who will say different, you are the very low minority who thinks it does work properly, just look at other sig threads or even their own facebook page, or are you saying you more advanced than everyone else out there, even the ones with testing equipment, and everyone else is using it wrong :confused:

I don't even use TC, so I don't care, but the evidence is out there to show it doesn't work, and as someone else said, keep the coil wet and yes it will vape, but let that coil go dry, get ready for a nice nasty burning hit :)
So! Do you own one?

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Such a ridiculous argument.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd take a Slice any day over this mod and twice on Sunday. No comparison at all.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So! Do you own one?

I don't think you need to own one to know the TC does not work and the mod has serious flaws. It's been demonstrated many times by very capable people. I believe there are 3 different version of the firmware and each one has the same flaws. It's a real shame because the 213 was easily one of the best looking and comfortable to hold mods I've owned in a while. Why they decided to stop short of making the chip work is beyond me.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think you need to own one to know the TC does not work and the mod has serious flaws. It's been demonstrated many times by very capable people. I believe there are 3 different version of the firmware and each one has the same flaws. It's a real shame because the 213 was easily one of the best looking and comfortable to hold mods I've owned in a while. Why they decided to stop short of making the chip work is beyond me.
That's true he owns one and he still doesn't know that it doesn't do tc. Lmao.

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I'm curious, PLEASE explain why it's so important to note what the preheat was set to.........I can set my DNA200 preheat to 200 watts, and it doesn't change how temperature control works......

I'm not trying to start another crazy argument over the Sigelei 213....but...

You do understand how preheat is SHOULD work don't you? No, I'm not talking about that dangerous Sigelei way....On the Sigelei set your preheat to 120 watts for 10 seconds, then set your temperature to 400f-450f.... Then vape some Nickle or Titanium for awhile....After your done come back and tell us how that worked out for you?!?!!?

The way it SHOULD work, REGARDLESS of preheat wattage and time settings, ONCE the set temperate is reached, preheat should turn off, bottom line!
Why do I say, ' SHOULD' work?!?!?!?!....

If it does NOT work that way, it's dangerous and potentially deadly.

I'm using a DNA200 with fused SS316L Claptons... 2x 28 gauge core, with a 32 gauge wrap(wire from advancedvapesupply), dual coils about 6-7 wraps and .24 ohms. Preheat is set to 120 watts, and 1.4 second, while the wattage to maintain TC is set to 80 watts....When I chain vape, preheat doesn't even activate as the coils are already AT temperature, AND even though I have my wattage set to 80, it drops down to about 45-55 watts to maintain my set 400F - 450F set temperature....

I SUSPECT there may be more going on with the Sigelei/Fuchai 213 TC issues, than meets the eye, but one way or the other it's broke. I'm not saying it's NOT sorta/kinda working for SOME people under CERTAIN conditions.

I have my suspicions, but I'm not going to potentially waste my money on a Sigelei mod to prove it....

One, I know that Sigelei treats preheat like wattage, and IGNORES the set temperature with dominance given to preheat. (which is dangerous, and if this was a US company, there would already be lawsuits).
Two, I know the Sigelei TC doesn't work like any other MOD.
Three, I suspect that Sigelei doesn't, or can't vary the wattage much from what you set it to, in order to maintain temperature.
Four, I SUSPECT that TC works, or sorta works for people that have just the right coils, and set the device just right...IE, preheat to reasonable values.
Five, the way Sigelei implemented preheat makes it both useless, and dangerous. Useless as it's needed when you first start vaping, BUT not needed when you chain vape. Dangerous, as preheat ignores the set temperature and is basically wattage mode with some material that isn't safe in wattage mode!

I would be very curious to know what your coil build is, and what your setting are though.....

Last edited:

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
People talk to about tc and they just don't have a working knowledge of it. I didn't even respond because people that think this mod does tc just don't have a clue what tc is. As I've said before if in fact it does do some sort of tc it's an extremely inaccurate version of it at best. The worst part about the ones that think it does do tc is they just don't know any better yet refuse to listen to people that do. Unfortunately in the vaping world that could turn out to be a painful form of ignorance.

Last edited:

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have a 213 and TC works like a champ, most complaints come from people who have not figured out how to use TC on the 213.

You choose Ni, Ti or SS, you can also elect TCR or TFR, you must set Pre Heat in TC, there is also the ability to set Temp Compensator.
One cool thing about the 213 is it has all the TCR and TFR values loaded. Simply when you have lets say a Ni coil on the mod, set it to Ni mode and fire, it loads the proper TCR and TFR values for your baseline.
I own all the mods mentioned in this thread, the 213 is my favorite.
Ahhh.... You sir are a fool! It has all the TCR/TFR values loaded?!?!?! Set it to, NI, and It loads all the proper TCR AND TFR values?!?!?!?

It's one OR the OTHER!

Do you EVEN know the difference is between TCR and TFR, and what the purpose of TFR is, and why it's better than TCR?

If yes, then riddle me this Sigelei fanbuo.... If Sigelei is SO great, and they reinvented the wheel AND made TCR better buy using a different algorithm/table, based on Fahrenheit as opposed to Celsius, to MAKE it more accurate.....why didn't they change TFR??? hmmmmm.....

btw.... a clue to the Sigelei 213 TC issue..... take a standard TCR and multiple it by a MAGIC number....

0.5555555555555556 x .000088(ss316L) = 0.0000488888888888888928 NOW round up, now convert for what the MOD will take...hmmmmm

weird.....looks like they had some issue weird F/C issue with their table.....

TechnoGeek

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
People talk to about tc and they just don't have a working knowledge of it. I didn't even respond because people that think this mod does tc just don't have a clue what tc is. As I've said before if in fact it does do some sort of tc it's an extremely inaccurate version of it at best. The worst part about the ones that think it does do tc is they just don't know any better yet refuse to listen to people that do. Unfortunately in the vaping world that could turn out to be a painful form of ignorance.

I know what you're saying and agree... Sometime I wish I just stayed quiet and kept my thought/opinions to myself!

Topweasel

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I guess mine is special, because the TC works just fine. To each their own I guess. I have been vaping a 0.38ohm coil for the last 4 hours and it has never changed from 0.38ohms!

P.S. Probably not a good idea to try and tell someone how their mod works when you do not have their mod.
The locked ohms stays on the screen you can't see what it is doing unless you are monitoring the power. It stair steps though. For the most part is each draw is fine assuming a minor break between hits. The resistance will get pretty close to resting withing a couple seconds. But if it's a .5 coil and you fire it while the coil is at .52 it will use that when deciding temp, then the next fire .54 and so on till it is vaping way to hot. This is extremely dangerous on Ni and Ti.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The locked ohms stays on the screen you can't see what it is doing unless you are monitoring the power. It stair steps though. For the most part is each draw is fine assuming a minor break between hits. The resistance will get pretty close to resting withing a couple seconds. But if it's a .5 coil and you fire it while the coil is at .52 it will use that when deciding temp, then the next fire .54 and so on till it is vaping way to hot. This is extremely dangerous on Ni and Ti.
Extremely dangerous and not TC.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm getting concerned they are going to release this IPV6x in time for the regs and if they have rushed to get it out, I won't jump on a preorder for it after the sig 213, rather wait and make sure it works properly before buying, don't believe they will mess it up as bad as the sig 213, but still you never know.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know what you're saying and agree... Sometime I wish I just stayed quiet and kept my thought/opinions to myself!

When it comes to someone giving out information that has potentially harmful results, you should definitely speak up.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'm getting concerned they are going to release this IPV6x in time for the regs and if they have rushed to get it out, I won't jump on a preorder for it after the sig 213, rather wait and make sure it works properly before buying, don't believe they will mess it up as bad as the sig 213, but still you never know.
If they're using the Yihi chip at least you know the tc will work.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Agreed. The IPV5 was talked about for what seems like months before it came out. When it was finally released, it had what seemed like easy to catch issues. I'd hate to see what kind of problems IPV will have with a rush job.

Wingsfan0310

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that's basically good advice for mods and attys now. It seems like a lot of times (not all) companies are using us as Beta testers and fixing problems after the initial run. I know I don't always practice patience, but it really seems like it's best to wait for some real world opinions on gear before buying (especially with the present circumstances).

Cheers,
Steve

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I bought the Sig 213 when it was released. I don't do TC but non-the-less I feel I over payed for it. It is small and nice - same size as a Cuboid (lighter in weight). However my Fuchai 200 was a third the price and vapes as well. My IPV5 is a much better mod - better TC, better hit in power mode. Only issue is the crappy paint jobs they do on all the IPVs. I tend to wrap mine in carbon fiber. Mine first IPV had the 'cannot go above 75 watts' issue which was easily fixed. Then I traded with Vash - he wanted a black one for his white one so not caring I did the trade. The only issue I get is sometimes the 'adj' needs tinkering with - it sticks. But once set this mod is fantastic.

I like DNAs. But I'm just as big a fan of the Yihi chip, the FSK chip, the OKR chips. Depends what you are after. For the cost of a Sig 213 I would look at the Hohm Wreckers or IPVs first. My only issue with the DNAs is I think they are all overpriced for a guy who is a mech user and vapes in power mode. I have not used TC in a year. So it all depends on your style of vaping as to what will suit you. I never use tanks. Just RDAs. I'm going to get the Limitless plus RDTA only because I can drip on it like an RDA and have that flexibility if needed.

Kevin2112

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own a Sig 213 and it works well in TC they way I use it. No fancy coils just single wire 316L spaced. I use the SS316 preset instead of the TCR because I don't like the idea of founding the numbers up or down. You shouldn't have to do that. I use this mod every day . the battery life is excellent. The misfires are annoying and have me wondering when it just decides to not fire at all. I do like the mod, again I use it every day ,all day but it's in the back of my head how reliable is this device? When will it fail? Could the TC be better? After every thing we have found out about this device , the bad reviews ,the good reviews I have to ask my self , if I didn't own this already would I be buying it now? The answers is no. I have just ordered my first DNA device.

Spyg0at

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I own a Sig 213 and it works well in TC they way I use it. No fancy coils just single wire 316L spaced. I use the SS316 preset instead of the TCR because I don't like the idea of founding the numbers up or down. You shouldn't have to do that. I use this mod every day . the battery life is excellent. The misfires are annoying and have me wondering when it just decides to not fire at all. I do like the mod, again I use it every day ,all day but it's in the back of my head how reliable is this device? When will it fail? Could the TC be better? After every thing we have found out about this device , the bad reviews ,the good reviews I have to ask my self , if I didn't own this already would I be buying it now? The answers is no. I have just ordered my first DNA device.
Once you go DNA you never go back! Lol. I have a few.

VU Sponsors