Become a Patron!

IPV5 DRY COIL / NO LIQUID?

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My IPV5 Keeps reading DRY COIL / NO LIQUID I just put in a brand new coil TFV8 V8 And refilled it, it is also reading low Ohms 0.12 My temp is set to 430 on juelz 80 juelz. does anybody know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
My IPV5 Keeps reading DRY COIL / NO LIQUID I just put in a brand new coil TFV8 V8 And refilled it, it is also reading low Ohms 0.12 My temp is set to 430 on juelz 80 juelz. does anybody know what the problem might be? Thanks in advance..
Did you reset the resistance by holding down the +/- buttons?

Variety's the very spice of life, that gives it all it's flavour.

-William Cowper

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Now it's working,But i get hardly any cloud's..Changed all my coil's tried bending in some ground wires that could get in between the rubber gasket,and coil Still getting spit back..Still trying.. Thank's anyway.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Now it's working,But i get hardly any cloud's..Changed all my coil's tried bending in some ground wires that could get in between the rubber gasket,and coil Still getting spit back..Still trying.. Thank's anyway.
Bend ground wires? Your coils are premade just screw in prime and use

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
They came with a manufactoring defect..I just fixed it thank's..

Cool video. U seem like u know what you are doing already. The only suggestion I have is not blowing out the air hole. If your coil is leaking it's due to flooding meaning you need to hit it with more wattage. It's not due to that rubber oring. Blowing out promotes more leaking. Also make sure your liquid isn't too thin. Andy where from 60-80 vg should be fine. 50/50 could be a little thin.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You just might have a point there pal..Didnt take that into consideration..I did add sweetner,and strawberry concentrate to the mix, maybe i went a little overboard..I almost took a hammer to this thing..But considering that my other mods havn't arrived yet, I chilled..It might just be the GD juice is to thin..Cause now everything seems to be working fine,but im gettin a little spitback and not alot of vapor..You just turned on the switch to my light bulb, Thanks buddy i appreciate it..
It's the darn juice..

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
You just might have a point there pal..Didnt take that into consideration..I did add sweetner,and strawberry concentrate to the mix, maybe i went a little overboard..I almost took a hammer to this thing..But considering that my other mods havn't arrived yet, I chilled..It might just be the GD juice is to thin..Cause now everything seems to be working fine,but im gettin a little spitback and not alot of vapor..You just turned on the switch to my light bulb, Thanks buddy i appreciate it..
It's the darn juice..
Spit back and little vapor? Both are usually thin juice and not enough wattage. I'd suggest turning up the watts a bit. What wattage are you using?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Pretty sure those coils are either Kanthal or Nichrome. And not a temp control wire.

The "dry coil" alert only comes on in temp control mode. Switch to wattage mode.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
↑↑↑ What he said. Kanthal

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The dry coil issue has been resolved..Im using Kanthal on TC because it just taste like crap on PM Taste great on SS..I know lots of people that use this mod with Kanthal on SS.. Mike vapes being one of them..It's the juice it thinned out.. I added to much sweetner and flavoring.. But i added another juice to it, and it fixed the problem.. Thank's guys..You guys Rock!. Peace out..

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You're not supposed to run Kanthal in tc. Big no no.

-William Cowper

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The dry coil issue has been resolved..Im using Kanthal on TC because it just taste like crap on PM Taste great on SS..I know lots of people that use this mod with Kanthal on SS.. Mike vapes being one of them..It's the juice it thinned out.. I added to much sweetner and flavoring.. But i added another juice to it, and it fixed the problem.. Thank's guys..You guys Rock!. Peace out..

What is PM? The pure setting? That is for a specific ipv atomizer I believe. Did you try to run it on wattage mode? Should behave much better.

Knowing how TC works, i cannot fathom getting a better vape from an incorrect TC setting than an appropriate wattage setting.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Ive heard that.. But it taste like crap on PM.. Do you know of any setting's i can try? Ive tried so many setting's and watt/temp/restist..?Im willing to give it a go in PM If it woks. i just installed a new coil TFV8 V8.. Let's do this..

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
PM= Power mode.. I have the pure x2 Tank as well.. i know the difference.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like i said if you have the same Mod IPV5. And are running TFV8-V8 Give me some setting's? To see if i havnt tried them.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
When i go to PM i start with the lowest setting and work my way up..50 or 60 Watt's then work my way up.. if it's to hot i start over with lower watt's..Alway's checking my resistance.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The only wire you should be running in tc is Nickel, SS, and Ti. You really need to run that Kanthal wire in power mode.

-William Cowper

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
When i got to PM i start with the lowest setting and work my way up..50 or 60 Watt's then work my way up.. if it's to hot i start over with lower watt's..Alway's checking my resistance.
Those coils don't work in temp mode. You can only use them in power mode or watts mode. Usually I use them at the lowest amount of the recommended wattage printed on the coils. Yours should be around 80ish iirc. Also If it taste funny at 50 watts could it be the juice or maybe you burned the coil already? How funny does it taste

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When i got to PM i start with the lowest setting and work my way up..50 or 60 Watt's then work my way up.. if it's to hot i start over with lower watt's..

Basically what I would do. The tfv8 coils are severely over-rated (as wattage is concerned). I would start at 75% of the lowest recommended wattage and go from there. So if it says 50w minimum, start at like 35-40w.

I may have misunderstood you calling wattage mode PM. As in pure mode. Which is a temp control mode.

Just looked at my ipv5 and wattage mode is actually called power mode.

The PM threw me a bit.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Just tested it on PM on 60 watt's 430 Temp Oms 0.15.. Set resistance to 0.15 Taste like smoke.. I have a brand new coil..

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Just tested it on PM on 60 watt's 430 Temp Oms 0.15.. Set resistance to 0.15 Taste like smoke.. I have a brand new coil..
Must have burnt the cotton.

Those coils need to be primed with a LOT of juice prior to use. They work best for me at 85-90 watts, and last the longest too.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know for a fact it's not the juice because i was vaping fine for a couple of day's straight no problem on TC But im going to do what you guy's suggested on PM to see if i find the magic number's.. Cause it aint the coil's or the juice.. It has to be something i havnt yet tied i will go very low on wattage to check it out and let you guy's know how i make out thanks bro's.. You guys Rock!

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I meant, that it's been on 430 temp the whole time..

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is what your display should look like in wattage mode
7d5fc1a5c33aa71b389155e75c399eb8.jpg

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I primed very well. i even let it sit for about 20 minutes before i used it..The coil is new it's not burned.. I prime very well.

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Press the button 5 times. Toggle from joule mode to power mode. There is no temp settings in power mode. Only adjustment possible is the wattage.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know. thanks. I also know what joule looks like. I have the same oms you have and i also set the resistance.. ile keep messin with it, because if you guys say i should be on wattage mode, that's what im shootin for..

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I know for a fact it's not the juice because i was vaping fine for a couple of day's straight no problem on TC But im going to do what you guy's suggested on PM to see if i find the magic number's.. Cause it aint the coil's or the juice.. It has to be something i havnt yet tied i will go very low on wattage to check it out and let you guy's know how i make out thanks bro's.. You guys Rock!
TC will burn those coils. Kenthal resistance doesn't raise enough. The mod isn't designed to TC that wire. Don't use it in TC mode it'll be a shitty vape compared to power mode with kenthal coils

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know. thanks. I also know what jouel looks like. I have the same oms you have and i also set the resistance.. ile keep messin with it, because if you guys say i should be on wattage mode, that's what im shootin for..

You are just throwing me off saying xxx watts at xxx temp. There is no temp setting in wattage mode.

And i just happen to have a 0.15 build in an rda. So that particular resistance and wattage is irrelevant.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thats why i like coming here you guy's know alot about this stuff.. i have 2 mods coming soon the reloux 300 and the ijoy RTDA.. I will be back for sure for some good advise..

SirRichardRear

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thats why i like coming here you guy's know alot about this stuff.. i have 2 mods coming soon the reloux 300 and the ijoy RTDA.. I will be back for sure for some good advise..
Sweet. Let us know how the 510 pin is on the rx300. It's different so hopefully it's better then the ones before. Also the rdta box everyone seems to love. I got one on the way too

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You are just throwing me off saying xxx watts at xxx temp. There is no temp setting in wattage mode.

And i just happen to have a 0.15 build in an rda. So that particular resistance and wattage is irrelevant.
Oh ok i understand now...Basically it's just watt's on power mode.

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I will run on power mode! And i will conquer this Beast. Ile start very low..wattage around 40 watt's, and work my way up checking the resistance..

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Resistance really doesn't matter on a regulated device at all.

And, more importantly, your resistance should not change on the same coil. I, personally, would not manually input resistance. Let your mod register the resistance with its built in ohm meter.

People get hung up on resistance. Only really important in unregulated devices.

I can build a .15 ohm that would scorch at 20 watts, or one that vapes like a dream at 120watts.

And can build a .6ohm that can handle 20 watts, or a .6 ohm that can handle 120w.

Resistance is not the be-all-end-all (in regulated devices especially).

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I feel good, know that i chatted with you bro's.. The advise you fella's gave me, will save me lots of money. WOW!
I was going through coil's as if they were diaper's.Ile tell my son not to run his shet on TC mode, only Power mode for Kanthol coil's.. And yes you guy's kick ass! Peace out..

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Resistance really doesn't matter on a regulated device at all.

And, more importantly, your resistance should not change on the same coil. I, personally, would not manually input resistance. Let your mod register the resistance with its built in ohm meter.

People get hung up on resistance. Only really important in unregulated devices.

I can build a .15 ohm that would scorch at 20 watts, or one that vapes like a dream at 120watts.

And can build a .6ohm that can handle 20 watts, or a .6 ohm that can handle 120w.

Resistance is not the be-all-end-all (in regulated devices especially).
WOW! Thanks bro.. Good to know this. Thank god i dont have to fug around with the resistance anymore..It's power mode with kanthol for me sirs..

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
One last question." If i use, Let's say stainless steel coils, Do i need to set the resistance?

BKTOAD

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
One last question." If i use, Let's say stainless steel coils, Do i need to set the resistance?

Your mod will read the resistance still. Should not need to manually input the resistance.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
On the Ipv5 everytime you put a new tank no matter what the material is you have to reset the resistance by pressing the +/- button at the same time. Most newer mods do it automatically but the Ipv5 does not.

-William Cowper

james48

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I have these 2 mods on the way here, with the ceramic tank. Ile be back for advise from you pro's if i get into a jam..Goodnight bro's..Thank's for everything i really apreciate it..

Attachments

• IJOYRD-3.jpg
    IJOYRD-3.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 6
  • WISMEC-REULEAUX-RX300-REUX6.jpg
    WISMEC-REULEAUX-RX300-REUX6.jpg
    548.9 KB · Views: 6

VU Sponsors