IPV4 - My take!

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Have been vaping my new black IPV4 for a couple of days!
Saw P. Busardo's biased report on the IPV4; while he is correct because of the mirrored film they put on the inside of the glass on the silver version, it makes the screen hard to read outside!
I have seen a video where You can loosen both screws 4 turns, take the glass out and use fingernail polish remover to remove that mirrored coating in front of the screen!
Of course in the Black version You don't have that problem to begin with since the glass is clear in front of the screen and it is one of the brightest, easy to read screens I have!
Beyond that issue, My battery cover doesn't rattle at all!
My most important observation is the way the chip and mod perform!
This YIHI chip is way superior to the evolve rDNA 40 in temp control! Also better in wattage mode!
From actual vaping experience this is way better than Vaper Flask or Vapor Shark with rDNA 40's!

zepp21

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
This YIHI chip is way superior to the evolve rDNA 40 in temp control! Also better in wattage mode!
From actual vaping experience this is way better than Vaper Flask or Vapor Shark with rDNA 40's!

How so? Curious as I've been looking to add an rDNA40 into the mix. Obviously the IPV4 is cheaper than the vapor shark but outside of that what makes the chip superior?

Ksarrow

Member For 4 Years
I've been watching for stock to come back on several sites. Seems the black is hard to find in stock.

rolltidevaper

Still here! Just covered up with "life"
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
I agree with EWS. Except I have the silver and honestly the screen is not that big of an issue. Not for me anyway. I don't play around with my settings when I'm out and about much. The TC is great! I like the flavor, the vapor and not having to worry about dry hits. Also, I think the fact that the DNA40 is just that....40 watts. My only complaint (if you call it that) is the fact that this IPV 4 is BIG. Definitely not a "pocket" rig. Other than that, I absolutely love it! The YIHI chip is working great!

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
How so? Curious as I've been looking to add an rDNA40 into the mix. Obviously the IPV4 is cheaper than the vapor shark but outside of that what makes the chip superior?
It does a much better job of temp control! It always remembers all your settings, You don't have to wake it up - it fires instantly! Never a dry burn't hit! More power with a fully wet coil! And other things that just make it a more satisfying vape experience!

st0nedpenguin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It does a much better job of temp control! It always remembers all your settings, You don't have to wake it up - it fires instantly! Never a dry burn't hit! More power with a fully wet coil! And other things that just make it a more satisfying vape experience!

Except for the joules presets that it just completely forgets. :(

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Except for the joules presets that it just completely forgets. :(
Mine doesn't seem to forget joules presets! I don't change it often anyway! I basically use 40 joules and 400 degrees for all my NI200 dual coils!

EWS111

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Actually if truth be told! I have a couple of Kangxin Vaperflask V3 Clones with cloned rDNA 40 chips that actually work better than the evolv rDNA chip!
The YIHI chip blows them both out of the water!

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I have switched back and forth numerous times from tc and normal power mode and had no issues till yesterday. I went back to power mode after rebuilding with Kanthal and found that once back in power mode I had lost all my presets. Weird. Only happened one time but was a pita nonetheless to have to reset them all. Other than that the mod has been solid and a stellar vaping experience. I'll update if it exhibits the same behavior again. Ive had the mod since it first launched and this is the first issue.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have switched back and forth numerous times from tc and normal power mode and had no issues till yesterday. I went back to power mode after rebuilding with Kanthal and found that once back in power mode I had lost all my presets. Weird. Only happened one time but was a pita nonetheless to have to reset them all. Other than that the mod has been solid and a stellar vaping experience. I'll update if it exhibits the same behavior again. Ive had the mod since it first launched and this is the first issue.
Hey there brother. ;)
n01L8ZY.jpg

clover256

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Like some have said it's nearly impossible to see the screen outside even on overcast days. Even then it doesn't bother me to much. Since I've gotten it I've barely used my Sigelei 150 or my flask. It was worth the wait and the money to me. Just wish I could have found the black one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
You can roll the dice on sleazeBay. I lucked out and got a full on retail package for $77 shipped. There are a few black ones available in the $80-90 range. Just throwin it out there.

clover256

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm happy with the silver one. Off subject I do however want one of those black kbox minis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
You can roll the dice on sleazeBay. I lucked out and got a full on retail package for $77 shipped. There are a few black ones available in the $80-90 range. Just throwin it out there.
$65 from ecigaretteempire and they have black ones, I do rather like my black unit I got vapes identical to my silver one. can see the screen very well on it too.

4b6KKaX.jpg

both screens were on

Last edited:

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Got one myself the other day, all black, it's real sweet looking and the black screen with no glare is a big improvement, however as it always is with Pioneer or actually YIHI there's a lot of misinformation like starting with everyone having the wattage as 5-100w or even in the stupid instructions that come with these where it says watts are 7w to 100w it's actually 10w - 100w Even YIHI's site has the watts wrong, and Pioneer, but the low watts is definitely 10w which if fine but it seems so stupid that the chip maker doesn't even know what there wattage is.. LOL
The instruction are about as made as I've seen from Pioneer, has directions for the touch sensor which there isn't any and there's no locking function.
And the battery cover is not magnetic.
The cover though is really awesome I think and is a ball bearing locking device, the cover itself feels to me like a soft rubber sort of, really nice.
The firing button also feels like it has a rubber coating on it, but maybe not.
This mod though is rather hefty and it takes a solid push to get it to fire so no need for locking but all in all you will never go wrong on this mod for what there asking at most places but I'd suggest shopping around, especially on the all black ones, there's vendors out there trying to rip people just because it's all black.
101vape has them about the cheapest I've seen $75, but I'd sure hurry, I got mine from Vaper Royalty for $80
For this price though and the over all feel, build quality that I'm seeing this is a great deal, really love that battery cover, but one thing I noticed is that you had best use that battery strap or you will play hell getting your bats back out, don't ask how I know, they fit real tight, and that's a good thing for sure..
Great mod IMO and greatly improved over the last release again just my opinion..
Everyone was bitching about the screen going dim so quick and the glare, me to, well they really fixed it this time, has what I think is a black screen and a BRIGHT screen and I mean flashlight bright and I timed it to see just how long it stayed lite and it was 1 minute and 10 seconds, WTF couldn't believe it, when it dims I hadn't even noticed it at first, it only barely dims, so that was a bit of overkill.
But with these Pioneers you never know if what I am seeing is what you will see, you just never know, but all in all this mod is really one you can't go wrong on for the price especially, real solid, I think ... :eek: P.S. just throw the instructions away

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
$65 from ecigaretteempire and they have black ones, I do rather like my black unit I got vapes identical to my silver one. can see the screen very well on it too.

4b6KKaX.jpg

both screens were on
That's the best price anywhere, for sure, thanks for the info just sent it to a pal whose looking for one, most are selling out real quick so I've been told..

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's the best price anywhere, for sure, thanks for the info just sent it to a pal whose looking for one, most are selling out real quick so I've been told..
No worries m8 enjoy the black units will go fast I assume I guess all the silver ones now have the same screen as the black ones so the mirror finish is no longer a issue. for $65 and free shipping it's the best deal I have seen on them. they also have some sigelei 150 watt for $73.95 with free ship I think almost if not everything on that site is free shipping.

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
No worries m8 enjoy the black units will go fast I assume I guess all the silver ones now have the same screen as the black ones so the mirror finish is no longer a issue. for $65 and free shipping it's the best deal I have seen on them. they also have some sigelei 150 watt for $73.95 with free ship I think almost if not everything on that site is free shipping.
Yep you got the best deal out there, there's some serious gouging going on out there especially on the black ones.
I really was enjoying all the IPV4 fixes especially that screen but I don't know if you've noticed but remember how it would dim out so bad you couldn't read it, well now they fixed it all right, it barely dims and then the screen stayed lite for 1 minute 10 seconds, I had to time it, crazy bright doubles as a flashlight now but after all the bitching I have to say they did a damn good job,
I'd have loved it even more if I'd read your post before I jumped on my vendor but still I wasn't a ripped off like some places I'm seeing that are trying to sell these for close to a $100 plus shipping.
The only other place I saw that was a good deal was at 101Vape, $75 http://101vape.com/variable-voltagewattage-devices/647-ipv-4-100-watt-box-mod-by-pioneer4you.html
I paid $80 at Vaper Royalty and felt OK with what I got plus I've done a lot of business with this vendor for years, http://www.vaperoyalty.com/pioneer4you-ipv4-mod-black/#
However I've got a real problem now, I bought another mod the next day after I got the IPV4 so now the IPV is resting on the shelf, just for a little while.. LOL,
Well just tried to upload a pic of it but something isn't working here says there's an error with my upload, made sure the pic wasn't to big but still won't work, anyhow I broke down and bought the new all black SX Mini M class, it is really awesome, about the same size as the IPV mini but built like a tank.
By the way I've got your shop bookmarked now, thanks for the lead..!!

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
where you find a all black Sxm? been on the hunt for one for weeks now. love my silver frame black body one. try uploading your image to imgur then post a link.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Awesome collection m8 check for a silicone sleeve for your Stealth Sxm so it won't get scratched. There is some aftermarket ones on ebay and varitube has the yihi brand sleeve they looks pretty sweet.

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Awesome collection m8 check for a silicone sleeve for your Stealth Sxm so it won't get scratched. There is some aftermarket ones on ebay and varitube has the yihi brand sleeve they looks pretty sweet.
Thanks pal, ya Varitube, I damn near bought a SX in silver and black I think it was from them being they were fairly hard to find but then I went to VapinArt and saw the black and that was it,
I had even emailed them about authenticity there are some clones out now that really look like the read deal, I really hate feeling I need to do that to a vendor but they were really nice about it and have some great reviews.
I remember seeing those sleeves but had forgot so really thanks for the remind, I'll be going there right now and checking those out, do you think the ones on Ebay would be any good or better looking from what you saw there, I guess I'm asking if it's worth the search or maybe I'd be better off just getting what I know is authentic from Varitube..
In my opinion comparing this SX to the Vapor Flask which costs $300 I'd buy this SX for $200 all day long, these Chinese manufacturers really did a great job.

Say do you or do you know anyone who may have any interest in a brand new 2015 Vapor Flasks with the V3 Evolv DNA40's?
Absolutely brand new with zero vape time on them, I have like 3 or 4 in black and gun metal. I've only powered them up to make sure everything is working.
I'm going to run a post on the hardware for sale thread one of these days, I need to down size, but only a little, just have a hard time selling all my toys and believe me, who ever said that if you quit smoking and took up vaping you'd save money, I call bullshit on that,

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Bye the way I was just looking at Varitube's page for the SX and reading some of the factory specs they posted and one thing I noticed on my SX compared to what they are saying about the three modes, Powerful, Standard and Soft?
Well on mine I noticed last night I have four modes Powerful + , Powerful, Standard and Soft.
Plus I really like a DC mod and I put a voltage meter on this SX and it sure is DC - DC, there's something about vaping at DC that is better to me flavor wise for some reason, I don't really know why or if it's my imagination, but it just seems much better than PWM.
The trouble for me is trying to figure out just what the heck is Powerful + or any of the others for that matter, the instructions that came with it start out pretty good but then slowly fade out into the regular China gibberish instructions of nothing ... LOL

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well got a silicone cover but seems that Varitube doesn't have them or at least I couldn't find them but got one from another vendor for $10 and Free shipping so not to bad.
Saw a member here who scratched up his sx and I am glad you said something
2ca02aff5599da703981ca1a0b71ba27.jpg sx-mini-sleeve-06_WM.png

nodor

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered one of the new models with the clear screen last night. Thanks to mod envy !! I need this mod like a hole in the head. I've got asx350J chip mod already and waiting for my sx350 clone to arrive to change out the board. However for $59 I just couldn't say no. I got 3 box mods at work just incase something goes wrong with the one carry with me. 3 at the lake and 1 in the glove box and several at home. These chinese companies gotta stop making this shit !! and Joe could you please ban me from the forums and mod envy. I just can't afford this non smoker bullshit anymore !!! Thats it I'm not coming here anymore. Bye all been nice knowing you. You won't be hearing from me anymore. Well at least for a couple of hours !!!
P.S. If interested the low price is a 24 hour special at wakeandvape.

Mykline

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ordered one of the new models with the clear screen last night. Thanks to mod envy !! I need this mod like a hole in the head. I've got asx350J chip mod already and waiting for my sx350 clone to arrive to change out the board. However for $59 I just couldn't say no. I got 3 box mods at work just incase something goes wrong with the one carry with me. 3 at the lake and 1 in the glove box and several at home. These chinese companies gotta stop making this shit !! and Joe could you please ban me from the forums and mod envy. I just can't afford this non smoker bullshit anymore !!! Thats it I'm not coming here anymore. Bye all been nice knowing you. You won't be hearing from me anymore. Well at least for a couple of hours !!!
P.S. If interested the low price is a 24 hour special at wakeandvape.
Daughter ordered one from there yesterday also 2 samsung batteries and a sleeve thing. 84 dollars total shipped.

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well got a silicone cover but seems that Varitube doesn't have them or at least I couldn't find them but got one from another vendor for $10 and Free shipping so not to bad.
Saw a member here who scratched up his sx and I am glad you said something
View attachment 21852 View attachment 21853
Sorry I thought the Yihi brand ones were up for sale now I guess not. I ordered a green aftermarket one for mine. I do rather like the look of the Yihi brand ones better. here's what they look like.
http://i.imgur.com/zylATbM.jpg

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Did a little modding on my iPV4's last night. screen issue is no more on my silver unit now. Dressed them up a little bit as well.

gQn1nV0.jpg
ej8ZAuq.jpg

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks nodor they are from Jwraps used a lttle heat to help them adhere better.

Sparks

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not an issue. Warranties are being handled by another company! There's a thread today on the forum if you search :)
Thanks for the info,

VU Sponsors