Become a Patron!

IPV3 Magnet project

dud3r

Member For 4 Years
Might try this. The only complaint I have with mine. Losing the hex screwdriver haunts me.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
how are the magnets holding up ? I just got one of these. love the mod, not crazy about the screws.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i did my magnet job this week as well. 3/16th magnets from RadioShack. Took 20 min tops. 2014-12-23 21.46.04.jpg

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i did my magnet job this week as well. 3/16th magnets from RadioShack. Took 20 min tops. View attachment 11239
if you use 3/16 magnets what size did you drill out the case? then you just used a vise to press the magnets in?

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
i used smaller bits (one size at a time) to slowly drill out holes in back panel. Then I used 3/16 and gently pressed the magnets in. Used a little bit of gorilla glue but i dont think it was even necessary as it was very snug.
I will likely replace my wrap as the drilling process chewed it up just a little as you can see from photo.
Still... generally pleased with outcome and love the simplicity of battery swaps now.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i used smaller bits (one size at a time) to slowly drill out holes in back panel. Then I used 3/16 and gently pressed the magnets in. Used a little bit of gorilla glue but i dont think it was even necessary as it was very snug.
I will likely replace my wrap as the drilling process chewed it up just a little as you can see from photo.
Still... generally pleased with outcome and love the simplicity of battery swaps now.
thanks dude . I think I will do that to mine also. freakin screws are killing me lol

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
radio shack 3/16 rare earth magnets for 2.99

VU Sponsors