Become a Patron!

iPV2 Question

I know it may be a little too early to ask this because thing isnt even out, but does anyone know if the iPV2 will be upgradeable to 100watts in the near future? I like the look of the mod but i want the 100w. Any knowledge will help

twisted_transistor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm not 100% sure but I heard that the sx330 chip is not user upgradable. Maybe the sx350 chip will get a 100 watt upgrade though the 50 watt upgrade just came out

Lefty

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
You can see the specs here http://www.elev8vape.com/ipv-50w-bo...use-code-20percent-to-bring-it-down-to-79-99/ .
Pioneer4you has added USB charging which the SX330 supposedly didn't support but it still shows upgradable as N/A. There is a Youtube video which I don't have the link handy for supposedly on the SX330. However the chip shown in the vid didn't have the 330 form factor but rather the 350 and indeed said YIHI SX350 on boot that they ran up to 108 watts. So my guess is the 350 will get there probably sooner than later given how fast YIHI seems to be releasing chips and upgrades.
I have some real interest in these chips but I think I'll pass on being an early adopter on the 100 watters. Given YIHI's almost frantic release pace I think I'll wait for any bugs to be worked out before sticking a 100 watt China chip in my face. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

moecat

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Another question: At this point, can we consider the IPV2 to be not a clone?

twisted_transistor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Well it is an original design, how much variation can there be in a relatively plain box mod

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Go to YiHi's site and look at the specs for the SX330 version 2 (50 watt) and version 3 (100 watt). Neither show firmware upgrade but Denny's new video promo of the 100 watt IPV (see youtube) says something about "upgrades" and ability to configure the screen SO... maybe they have some magic up their sleeve.
I think the Segelei is using the version 3 chip as well.
The sx350 is the only chip that currently offers firmware upgrade via USB

Ahow216

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't think the IVP2 is upgradeable to 100 watts with the SX330 chip but I know the new IVP3 is regulated up to 100 watts and can be upgraded to 120 I believe.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
The ipv2 is not upgradeable per P4Y.
They just posted some youtube videos showing that they now have it working at 100 w.
The box is the same as the ipv2 box (in the video) but word is the new box will be slightly larger due to 2 batteries.

Ahow216

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I was told that the IPV3 was going to run dual 18650's also

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years