Become a Patron!

Ipv mini or mvp3?

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't know all the specs on either device to be honest but the biggest factor imo besides making sure they both will fire the sub tank is going to come down to the battery. Do you want a disposable unit with the internal battery that usually means a lower cost? Or do you want to be able to swap batts without having to wait for a charge? The ipv has the added cost of a couple batts and a charger. I assume the ipv mini can be charged through the box, but myself I like to swap out batts without missing a beat.

I just looked over the specs the ipv is 0.5 and the mvp is 0.4 so the mvp gives a tad bit better room for reader accuracy. Sucks when the coil read is off or the coil itself is off and will not fire on the device. The 3300mah batt will last awhile but you will be tied to the charging station or be using your mvp2 while the 30w is charging.

If I was buying the ipv I would add in the 12.00 for two Samsung 25r batts and 10.99 for a i2 nitecore charger from Illumn (really I would spend more and get a xtar charger) + 5-7 bucks to ship.

What unit are you drawn to?

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Of the sub-ohm tanks that are out now... the Subtank is the least power hungry... I do vape mine at 23-25w which would give you just a little overhead using a 30w mod although some users report they prefer it at 35w... but the Aspire Atlantis, Smok VCT and Joyetech Delta II all require more power... I think either of the 30w mods are just barely going to support the direction you are thinking of going in.

For those reasons... I'd go with a 50w-70w mod instead and have plenty of overhead which also means you aren't stressing the electronics as much... Look at the iPV Mini v2 ( since you mentioned it's little brother ) which provides up to 70w... and can cost less than the MVP3 still

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I was never a fan of the MPV.
There are better options like: IPV mini, IPV2S, Siegeli 50, Istick 30, Istick 50, and since your'e going with Kanger they have the new Kbox which doesn't have a screen but looks sturdy, it's 40W and is dead cheap.

starrelabelletxlady

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Kanger Subtank Mini is the best tank I've ever owned in two years of vaping. I already had an Anarchist, but went ahead and bought an Aspire CF Sub. They vape, and look great together. I couldn't be happier!

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
For what it is the MVP 3 is overpriced. it is 30w and does not have a swappable battery. I guess they use the do-dads like the phone charging cable as a selling point. There are way better options out there for less money. the IPV Mini 30w and Sigelei Mini 30w. And as was stated you can get the 70w version of the IPV Mini for around the same price as the MVP 3 and be more future-proof.

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't think the MVP 3 ( or others in it's line ) are overpriced... they all are tough mods that will likely last someone a very long time. That alone has value that accounts for the price... it's just that not many will pay for that these days... I went for the iPV Mini v2 because it's a nicer size for my own hand and the extra power it can provide so I'm not overstressing the electronics... but only time will tell if it ( or it's smaller brother ) will live very long or not. The MVP's already have their reputation built... iPV doesn't yet.

I,just dropped my ipvmini ll , with atlantis, on the tile floor, the atlantis broke off just below the air flow adjustment ring. I bout @#$% as you could expect. I attempted to put it back together but wouldnt fire. I played aroumd a bit, still couldnt get it to fire. On my way out the door to buy another one and, i noticed the air flow adjustment ring had some slop in it, up down wise, so i took hammer and tapped the top until the ring had no more slop, fired right up. Im,here to tell you not only is the atlantis awesome for taste an vapor production, its a tough little sumbitch!

Oh, and to stay on topic the ipv v2 that also hit the tile floor, hard, even though it was hard enuff to split my atlantis in two, didnt retain even a scratch, and works just fine. I dont really consider myself a chain vaper, but i do hit it frequently throughout the day, and i get almost a full day,from the elfest 18650 i have in the ipv v2, i run my atlantis from 33 to 45 depending on the type of juice im using. I really, really like my ipv mini's. I gave my 30 watt to my wife for her nautilus, she runs it at 17 watts, goes a few days on a charge running samsung 18650 er i believe. I love the size and its not as long as say the sub tube aspire put out to match the atlantis. I really havent had a lot of experience with other battery mods other than ego twist, and a 20 watt ileaf, and as long as the ipv keeps up the way it has so far, i wont have need to try others.

Dissonance

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
IPV Mini v2 will serve you better in every way and offer a lot more value for your dollar. Subtank atomizers don't require very high current to work properly. You can get all your needs met with the IPV Mini 2 if you plan to sub ohm and build down to .2 ohms in the future. At 70 watts and new YiHi chip still priced lower than the mvp. There are many mods that will go good with the Subtank but given these two the IPV Mini v2 I would recommend by far being your best option of the two. Good luck.

Last edited:

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Make sure to add 20 bucks for decent 20 amp batteries or higher...also dont forget a good quality charger youll need to get the performance out of the batteries..lets tack on another 30 here....so i guess spending less for a mod initially then spending another 50 or more to be able to use it is pretty cheap...Prepare to charge often as you may only get 2500 2600 mah from a decent 18650 battery..pay no mind to the 3800mah the mvp 30w has that should last a year or longer easily...nor the new chip technology...man, $55 bucks is a waste of money...$55.00 is way over priced compared to 80 or more for a "cheaper" mod with replaceable battery.

Just my cocky .02 cents worth for someone who doesnt need more than 30 watts.. :)

Rhyno636

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No charger will increase the performance of your battery. I'd just get a Samsung 25R and charge it through the IPV for the time being. You can get a charger and another battery somewhere along the way. If money isn't an issue, get 2 Samsung's and a charger now. You can get Samsung 25R all over ebay for $15 a pair. There are also many affordable chargers.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
When a 18650 dies, you just spend a few $ to replace it, but what will you do when your MPV lipo dies?

Last edited:

rdsok

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No charger will increase the performance of your battery. I'd just get a Samsung 25R and charge it through the IPV for the time being. You can get a charger and another battery somewhere along the way. If money isn't an issue, get 2 Samsung's and a charger now. You can get Samsung 25R all over ebay for $15 a pair. There are also many affordable chargers.

Actually.... while a good charger won't make a battery perform better... a cheap/bad charger will help kill the battery sooner. The eFest Luc and even better yet Xtar chargers are good quality ones some of which are very affordable while the better ones have higher amperage outputs that allow you to charge your batteries quicker if they can handle higher charge rates.

Garemlin

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Yup a Samsung 25R from Lightning Vapes for under $7 and you are set.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I would lean toward the Sigelei Mini. Either 30 or 50 watt version.

I love the way Sigelei builds their products.

TK Bisher

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I've been using mine with a Lemo for about 3 months now and usaully build around 1-1.2ohm@ 20-25watts and the vape quality is great. Get you a pair of lg he2 batts and a coil master and you'll be set.
216b2cd1a6035b878cf7857d2876eb40.jpg

norwegianvaper

Member For 4 Years
When a 18650 dies, you just spend a few $ to replace it, but what will you do when your MPV lipo dies?
It`s many ways to see it. I am willing to bet my life that the sturdy MVP casing, will hold up much longer than a IPV mini, if you are unlycky and drop it a few times. I have both the IPV mini 30 watt, and a MVP 20 watt. Now, the form factor on the mini is more comfortable, but the MVP battery hold up longer from charge to charge. The lipo is 2600 mah and in the IPV, I use vtc 5, also on 2600mah

VU Sponsors