Become a Patron!

IPV mini 70w Isn't turning on

nodens86

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
As I'm leaving work last night I pulled my mod out of my bag as normal to full it up and enjoy on the way home, every thing was as normal.

How ever once I was at home I changed the battery filled up my rda and I noticed as I am threading in the battery the display light up like it was turning in. this was first odd thing I noticed so once it was completely threaded in I pressed the power to turn it on and nothing happened, thinking the battery might be completely dead I tried a different one and still nothing. I pulled the box a part and didn't notice anything thing odd put it back together replaced the battery once again.

This time it turned on and I was able to get about 4 to 5 good hits and pong the list hit it seemed like the button "stuck" meaning it continued to fire after I let go of the button (it did not stay pressed in). Not sure how long it would have continued to fire as I pulled the battery pretty quickly.

This morning I decided to try it again, and it seemed to act like it had previously where when installing the battery it tried to turn on and would not actually work. In the middle of was was going on it seemed to cycle through the memory settings if it actually stay up normally and fire.

Any suggestions on what to do? The device should still be under warranty but I'm hesitant to send it off because it's currently the only mod I have.

Forgot to add I am using:
IPV mini 70a
Mutation v4
single strand dual coil at .5ohm
and Samsung 25r 18650batterys (each time I tried to use it)

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey bud, sorry no one has gotten back to you...did you double post this question somewhere else? Just in case you didn't I would say welcome to VU and I am sorry to hear of your troubles...

An old vaping rule of thumb is "have a backup for your backup." Even if it's just a cheap eGo and an Evod so you have something to vape on in case this happens. Your mod sounds like it has a bad chipset....the problem with the internet is you see more problems that happy reviews because people come here for help and anyone here will tell you we have all have a problem with one piece of vape hardware or another and we all know and feel your frustration and pain.

If you bought your mod at a brick and mortar store I would definitely take it back and exchange it if it is within the allowed amount of time since you bought it? How long ago did you get it? if you bought it online I would contact the store you bought it from and see if they can RMA/return it for you and get a cheap eGo or something in the meantime to hold you over or another mod that strikes your fancy till you can get it replaced. Either way, if your mod is autofiring that is a very serious and dangerous problem that won't fix itself and you shouldn't be attempting to use said mod for personal safety.

If it's autofiring and having other issues that means there is no certainty that the safety features haven't been compromised as well and the chipset that runs the little guy could overheat and burn out giving you even bigger problems. I wish you the best of luck and wish I could give you happier advice.

nodens86

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks for replying, I did buy it online and have since added a new box to my seemingly fast growing collection, have up graded to a sigelei 150 because it looks like the box has been around for a while and looks like it has been used abroad. Any advice is better than no advice I think the ipv was bought about 2 months ago. Thanks for the welcome to vu!

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My IPV Mini II recently died also. I sent it to Asmodus under warranty, and I have a new one coming today. As long as it's within the warranty period you can get it replaced/fixed!

nodens86

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
My IPV Mini II recently died also. I sent it to Asmodus under warranty, and I have a new one coming today. As long as it's within the warranty period you can get it replaced/fixed!
Do you recall how king three warranty period was?

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Maybe 3 months? It's on the warranty card in your box. If you don't have the card, you won't be able to get it fixed under warranty!

http://www.asmodus.com/Pioneer4You-Warranty-s/1822.htm
Oh no - I must have been the last person to get mine replaced - looks as if they've stopped doing them...sorry!

That sucks but is good to know. I'm sorry both of y'alls units died out. It always is the worst when the mod dies and you have no immediate backup. Like when my vaporshark unlocked itself in my pocket a few months back and torched my kayfun wick before I knew it had happened...very frustrating day...i think it's worse when the mod works and the tank doesn't because you know you have juice but can't get to it :)

All joking aside... @nodens86 I would be interested to hear what asmodus says since they no longer warranty them..please let us know?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think they no longer warranty them because they have no more units - I apparently got the last one, which was a return (user error so they say). They did offer me a different IPV, but I had to make a split decision to I went with the return. They did tell me that there's a piece of solder that seems to work loose during shipping which causes some of these issues. They can't repair it, so they were just replacing the units.

nodens86

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nonetheless I will give asmodus a call today. I thought it was interesting that on the pioneer website it seemed like they no longer provide info on the mini. while I was looking around before I purchased my mod they had various info like user manual among other things now that doesn't seen to be on the website.

nodens86

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Fyi the order was placed April 15, 2015 on the mod

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Browsing FB, and you're in luck - someone else is taking over warranty repairs:
http://kmg-import.com/ipv-warranty-service-center.html

again, thank you...I like to know these things :) I am a curious folk....it seems kinda disturbing to me that they know that they have a problem they can't fix with the solder coming loose you were talking about...doesn't make me feel really good about this mod or want to purchase one...kinda scarey actually..."oh yeah, we know these things break themselves just getting to you...sorry bout that nothing we can do..." just sounds a little sketchy

nodens86

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I contacted the store that ordered the mod from and they had also mentioned the kmg-import.com. I agree that is very sketchy, I am definitely not a fan!

VU Sponsors