Become a Patron!

ipv mini 2 leaking

Just got the 70 watt ipv recently and I notice ejuice on my hand.. Problem continued so I took it apart. Well what do you know?! Ejuice was all over the inside. It seems like its somehow leaking by the atomizer (tried 2 different ones)

So my question is.. Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? I really enjoy the mod and I'd hate to have to send it back

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Sounds like your atomizers are leaking and that your ejuice is seeping in through the 510 pin check it out make sure its not that. ejuice inside your IPV could lead to more dangerous things happening to the mod.

Thanks for the speedy reply. That seems to be exactly what it is.. How do I go about fixing the pin? The atamizors I have work fine on my other mods (no leaking)

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would contact the seller send it back for replacement or refund.

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I would contact the seller send it back for replacement or refund.
Exactly this. Don't go trying to fix it yourself since you just got it.It's still under warranty contact seller take pics and send back for replacement. best safe than sorry.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
What atomizer are you using?

And what is causing it to leak?

I have a bad feeling that if you contact the folks you purchased it from, the first thing they will say is something to the effect that if you are using leaky atomizers and liquid is making its way into the device it will void your warranty.

Not to mention the funky stuff I have already heard about the guy who performs the warranty service.

Just a thought and just trying to help.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I personally would clean out the mod with electronics cleaner...put it back together and figure out what the deal is with your tanks.

Im not seeing a warranty personally because its not the device at fault but more so your tank(s)..If the connector is crap and you have to crank on the tank to get it to fit flush or whatever then id reconsider a different device...Just a common cause of some tank leaks with wanting that perfect flush fit.

Try not tightening the tank on but more than snug ( just as you feel resistance) and see how that works...if that stops your leak then your 510 is probably not a good match to your tank 510 connector or It could also be a bad 510 in general...if its spring loaded and something is jammed not allowing it to push in like it should then maybe you have a warranty issue...other than that, not sure what else to say other than a tank problem or a crappy 510 connector.

Last edited:

Prsurf2k

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Mike H. that was also my first thought. Then I over analyzed.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
If made right they should not be put together loose enough to allow juice to leak down into the insides, no?

Some 510s are sealed and some arent...not sure if spring loaded ones are sealed or not but im not thinking they are.

I've used a lemo drop and an Atlantis on the device and have the same leaking issues. I haven't ever had any leaking issues before. I'll see what the return policy is and if I can't return it then I'll have to mess with the pin

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
If made right they should not be put together loose enough to allow juice to leak down into the insides, no?

In an ideal world, you would be correct Miss Whiskey.

But we are here in this one:eek:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Truth, Uncle
However I still suggest he contact the seller and try to see.

Some 510s are sealed and some arent...not sure if spring loaded ones are sealed or not but im not thinking they are.

Looks like the thing the pin screws into isn't secure at all. I'm waiting on a response from the seller. If I can't return it, I might try to seal it from the bottom with some kind of silicon or something I can use with electrical stuff

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I've used a lemo drop and an Atlantis on the device and have the same leaking issues. I haven't ever had any leaking issues before. I'll see what the return policy is and if I can't return it then I'll have to mess with the pin

What was you using before you got the ipv?

I may have fixed the issue. I think the atomizer was unscrewing the 510 connection every time I took it off. Once the 510 connection is loose, the base the screw goes into falls down allowing ejuice to leak inside the the hole. I've tightened the screw again and it seems to be fixed. I'll update if the problem continues

SpaceCadet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Seems common.

Last edited:

VU Sponsors