Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
LL.jpg
I received this product from Pioneer4YOU for the purposes of this writing. I have not used pod systems in the past, apart from trying a myblu once. This may be a short read as I don’t have much basis of comparison; however, the following is an account of my experience.

The IPV ASPECT is Pioneer4You’s entry to the pod system market. It houses the SXK1 chipset by yihi, giving it limited adjustability; as well as, a 750mah lipo battery.

The Aspect also has pass through, so you can vape while charging. I found this to be a rather nice feature of the product from a convenience perspective. Additionally it has adjustable airflow, which is extremely nice. You can go from an open, mouth to lung or very restrictive, tight, direct lung down to a true, proper mouth to lung.

Some of the other features highlighted are:

YiHi SXK1 Chipset
Sleek and Stylish
750mAh Internal Battery
Adjustable Airflow
2ML Refillable and Replaceable Pods
Rechargeable via Micro USB
Battery Life Indicator
SS316 Coil with Organic Cotton
1.0 ohm coil
Output voltage: 2.8v-4.2v
The chip has a coating to protect it from liquid- not rendering it water proof, but certainly an asset for those “coffee spills”
the device with pod is 90mm high (3.54in), 40mm wide(1.54 in), 10mm deep(0.39in)

upload_2019-2-19_22-13-1.png

When you open the box you are greeted with the pod installed in the battery, underneath will be the charge cord. The packaging is rather nice; and becoming a wonderful feature of P4U offerings.

You will want to remove the 2ml, 1ohm pod to fill it. I will show a picture from the aspect website of the filling, as they show it better than I could.

FILL.jpg

As you can see, you just pull up a small silicone flapper and insert the end of a needle tip bottle. A glass dropper will work IF AND ONLY IF, you are very careful. Blunt tip bottles did not fair as well. Ideally, a needle tip bottle is really your best bet. I see this as a con. If the pod is to be refillable, it should be made to accept most bottles or perhaps come with a refillable needle tip bottle.

While we have the picture up, you can see the airflow adjustment is on the side. I rather like this; because, it keeps the adjustment away from the juice port and the contacts in the event of any leakage- which I did not experience, but its nice to have peace of mind.
upload_2019-2-19_22-15-22.pngupload_2019-2-19_22-15-30.png

Here you can see the airflow on the side; as well as, the contacts and the juice fill flapper next to them on the underside of the pod.

Another downside I experienced to filling was that it involved some adjusting the way I was holding the pod to tilt in order to fill it. The juice tended to want to pool and fill on one side rather than fill the entire pod. It was not an issue, but worth mentioning.

The mouth hole is shaped like an oblong oval at 7.6mm-0.3mm

upload_2019-2-19_22-15-52.png

To turn the device on, you have to click the fire button 3 times.

The adjustability of the device is limited to 2 modes, standard and high. To adjust the modes, you fast click the fire button 5 times. It will show the middle 2 lights for standard mode and lights 1 and 4 for high. I tended to gravitate to high mode more often, although both served me well.

In my mind this was backwards. I am so used to 5 clicks to turn a device on or off. However, it is what it is.

The button while tactile is a tad soft and not clicky. It was not an issue once I got used to it, but is worth mentioning, as I found myself clicking to many times to adjust fire mode, upon first receiving it.

Probably the nicest feature I found was the size. This little pod device is about the size of a credit card, only thicker. It also has a slot on the bottom, to be put on a keychain or lanyard.

upload_2019-2-19_22-16-27.png

The 4 lights are also battery indicators. Each light represents 25% battery charge.

The charge port is on the side of the device and has a red led indicator for when it is charging. Once again it does have pass through.
upload_2019-2-19_22-16-47.png

Now to the question, how does it vape?

Again, I have not used a pod before, with the sole exception of a few drags off of a MYBLU. I didn’t even have any saltnic when this showed up, but thanks to a good friend of mine, I was able to quickly get ahold of some. The difference was huge! With regular nic at 6mg, this was a very lackluster vape. Once I put in saltnic, I was highly impressed. Its certainly not a cloudy device as it is clearly meant for the MTL crowd; but, for stealth device, it was excellent and highly satisfying. Mrs B1rd (a regular 90w vapor), had said that if she was still working in an environment that required a stealth mod, this would be ideal. The battery life was enough for me to get through most of a day, with taking it off the charger at 0830 and back on at 1800.

It is also built extremely well, made of zinc alloy and having the weight to show for it at 96grms.

It does fire extremely quick, which I love. As soon as you apply any pressure to the button, you get the sweet crackling sound of vapor entering your mouth.

Would this be enough for me as an all day device? I really cant say. I enjoy MTL vaping, but this is a different animal when compared to my kayfun. Had I never gotten into rebuildables., yes it would be. Having been on the hobby side of vaping for so long, I am not so sure. I do like it, I could see myself using this if I had a job where stealth vaping were a necessity. Now, if I was just looking to quit smoking and were shopping for an alternative to combustible tobacco, this would be an ideal prospect.

Pros:

Small
Build quality
Quick firing
Refillable
Pass through
Adjustable modes
Large battery life for its class
Airflow adjustment is out of the way, avoiding accidental adjustment
Portable
Protective coating on board

Cons