Become a Patron!

IPV 2 mini quit firing

Help I bought my IPV2 mini about 2 months ago it had been working perfectly fine until I woke up this morning & it just stopped firing. I've changed both the batteries and the tank & cleaned it but no go. It reads perfectly fine and the screen is good, it just won't fire. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
try a different topper if no go send it off for warranty repair or contact the vendor you bought it from. best regards

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
When you fire it are you seeing any fluctuations in voltage on the screen? Take a qtip and dip it in vodka or rubbing alcohol and clean out the 510 connector. Is it still springy?

There are no fluctuations in the voltage screen. I just took it out and cleaned it with alcohol and a q-tip but it's still not working. Yes the 510 connector is still springy

Maverik_X

Deez Nutz
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There are no fluctuations in the voltage screen. I just took it out and cleaned it with alcohol and a q-tip but it's still not working. Yes the 510 connector is still springy
sounds like it's broke contact your vendor see if they will exchange it for you.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Checking to see if the mod is putting any current at all through the 510 to the atty, the batt indicator and volts will sag a bit at first when firing under load.

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
This is such a simple fix try to find a family member who can solder its probably just the positive 510 wire solder joint failed

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
That really sucks.
I have only really had 2 mods fail on me and both were MY fault.

1) An unnoticable dead short on a Chana30 mod. It kept saying "short" every 3rd or 4th puff but like the dumbass I am I kept on firing it.
2) My girlfriend dropped it. My fault for not buying her one and lending her mine. I have bought her 6 or 7 since and she never breaks them.

This one sounds like the manufacturers fault.
If it quit firing out of nowhere and it's only been 2 months you are still under the manufacturers warranty.
You will have to send it back and wait for them to resend but it should work out for you.

Do you have another mad to use while you wait for a replacement?

Rangertrix

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Drink vodka previously mentioned, throw splash of rubbing alcohol over shoulder (for good luck), and find someone electronically inclined to resolder connection or send it in to manufacturer for warranty repair. It is not uncommon for spring loaded center pin connections to come loose. Especially if there is a "cold" solder joint.
Sorry to hear about your misfortune (the vodka should help). Hopefully you have something else to use in the interim.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Mine also failed. It was replaced under warranty, and I was told that the solder on some units was failing.

Use the warranty card (but no longer asmodus). I had no trouble getting a replacement!

VU Sponsors