Interesting Vapeing Voltage Chart

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I go by this chart, and after seeing it the first time, I noticed that I get a burnt taste if I go over 8.5 watts.

How is it that people are going 20-30-50-100 watts?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I go by this chart, and after seeing it the first time, I noticed that I get a burnt taste if I go over 8.5 watts.

lower volts to watts ratio I do believe.

I have also noticed that even when higher watts are used, the volts remain regulated and the boards commonly use a 5amp continuous outlet maximum.

Emilie

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
lower volts to watts ratio I do believe.

The thing is, no matter my coil resistance, I get the same effect...over 8.5 watts = burnt taste.

Lower coil resistance requires lower voltage, yes, but it still equates to the same power.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
most boards will show the high wattage, but i'm pretty sure they use a governing equation to reduce the amount of Boom that your getting. My VV VW machine maxes out at 13w and it kills the flavor as well...The 100 and 50 watt machines are needed for those who are extreme sub ohm junkies, they are are probably for cloud chasers who don't care much about flavor. Pure VG burners. In my opinion anything over the 15w area would be a waste, so until I can fully understand the math used with these new boards, I will pass on buying them.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
looking into it more, you need the high watts to work the sub ohm coils, higher wattage with the lower voltage is needed, the experience would be closer to what me and you use. just takes more watts for them to get to that point.

CurlyxCracker

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

Subohm. 8.5w on a 0.2ohm build is only 1.3v.... Not going to work for me

VH fan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
People who are into RDA's with multiple coils using 26 gauge or there abouts like higher wattage , it works better for that type of setup . I have a DNA 30 device and i actually prefer my MVP more lol.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I had just modded my atomic rda for a bottom feed yesterday. I hadn't used it in a while. So I played around a little with a crown2.0, similar to a kick only it has audible feedback for watts/volt, ohms, and can be set by the fire button.

I got more flavor at 7 watts than 8, and all the way up through. Actually I gave up at 9 watts. I was using Readyxwick and would still get a burned wick taste at higher wattages. You can have the DNA boards. I vape 70%vg due to allergies of pg anyways. Personally I am trying to fit a vamo board into a bottom feed box mod. I would rather have the straight dc in Buck mode at 7 watts with stacked batteries, rather than pulse mode. To me that is a nice flavorfull vape with an atomic, or similar configured RDA at around 1.8 ohms. The warmer vape does nothing for me. I totally understand that you need the high wattage with a lower ohm coil, but what are you gaining? Isn't it draining the battery faster? or is it the opposite. I guess it doesn't matter because I am to old for change.

However I would think now with these higher wattages that a wickless system could be developed and atomize the nicotine more into smaller atoms so we can lower the nicotine. Or is this what is happening now at these higher power settings? I don't get it. I think it could be used to better our vaping experience with more research however. We just don't seem to be going in that direction.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
If ya notice, that chart starts at 1.4 ohms. It's an old chart from the days when a 1.5Ω carto was "LR" and VV was a new thing.

Eh, it's OK. This current sub-ohm/cloud-chasing craze will likely fade, like all the other fads in vaping. ;-)

You don't need a sub-ohm build to get a great vape, you just don't.

If it's just for sport or showing off, then more power to ya, but that isn't why I started vaping nor why I continue. Not smoking and enjoying the flavors and hardware is.

Cessnapix

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
If ya notice, that chart starts at 1.4 ohms. It's an old chart from the days when a 1.5Ω carto was "LR" and VV was a new thing.

Eh, it's OK. This current sub-ohm/cloud-chasing craze will likely fade, like all the other fads in vaping. ;-)

You don't need a sub-ohm build to get a great vape, you just don't.

If it's just for sport or showing off, then more power to ya, but that isn't why I started vaping nor why I continue. Not smoking and enjoying the flavors and hardware is.

The Hardware is part of the addiction to staying off ciggs isn't it?

I know to some extent it is for myself! Just in the last year and half there have been a lot of changes. There were only a couple rebuildable around like the phoenix , if my memory is correct. Everyone used cartos and dripping atomizers, clearomizers where just coming on to the market. People where building there own tanks with syringes and cartomizers.

I remember trying to wash the old juice out of a carto and reusing it so many times who knew what a new flavor actually tasted like back then. Unless you where dripping into a 510 atty with a paper towel wrapped around the bottom so the juice would not drip all over the place. High voltages was running a few batteries to get to 5volts or more.

VU Sponsors