Become a Patron!

Innokin Z Coil Vg/pg ratio

I just got a Zenith 2 tank, and I'm using the 1.2 ohm coils. And I put a 70vg/30pg in and I'm getting dry/burnt hits, and running it at 12.5 watts. Does anyone have any suggestions as to why this is happening, or what I should do?

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave: Welcome to the forum.
The higher ohm coils are usually for mouth to lung vaping. They require a thinner eliquid like a 50/50 PG/Vg.
If you like the eliquid you have you would be better off getting the coils that are lower ohms: 0.8 ohm and down.
The holes are usually bigger in the lower ohm coils which allows for better juice flow.
For now you could try turning the watts down a little and/or taking shorter puffs.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Aside from pre-soaking the wick(make sure it's fully saturated), for new coil also turn wattage down to about 8W instead of full 12.5 for the first few pulls. This gradually heats the wire from its 'new' state rather than all at once, break it in. It also heats, which thins, the juice to help assure the wicking action.

VapeOn1960

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I don't think you need to use 50/50 juice. Like mentioned, put a few drops of juice in the top of the coil (one at a time... wait till each drop soaks in) then fill the tank (not all the way) Let it sit for 10 minutes then do a couple "primer puffs" (draw air without firing) I like the 0.8 ohm coils myself (at 15 watts) Good choice on the Zenith 2 (I have a zlide but wish I had that one) Also, as mentioned, start with lower watts and work your way up. Coils also need airflow to stay cool... maybe you have it set to tight (restricted)?

VU Sponsors